Author Topic: Richmond can separate themselves from the rest tonight: Garry Lyon (SEN)  (Read 1129 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond Tigers can separate themselves tonight: Garry Lyon

By SEN
24 April 2018

Former Melbourne captain Garry Lyon believes Richmond can consolidate their position as the best team in the competition if they record a strong win over the Demons tonight.

The Tigers could finish Round 5 on top of the ladder on percentage if they defeat Melbourne, and Lyon believes that would be a fair representation of where the reigning premiers sit.

“I think Richmond can separate themselves from 17 other sides with a really solid and comprehensive win,” he told SEN Breakfast.

SEN Breakfast can be heard 6-9am Monday – Friday on 1116 SEN and you can subscribe on iTunes here.

Damien Hardwick’s men are coming off a 93-point thumping of the Brisbane Lions, while Melbourne is hoping to bounce back from an embarrassing 67-point loss to Hawthorn, which makes the stakes just as high for them.

“Melbourne puts themselves back in the conversation if they win,” Lyon said.

“There is so much riding on it.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/04/23/tigers-can-separate-themselves-tonight-lyon/

Dougeytherichmondfan

Standard Lyon week before Melbourne game.

If we win tonight it will be a scrappy match that proves little.

If we lose, we're not a worthy premiership team etc etc. Melbourne, however, looked like a top 4 team.

Nice, Garry!

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
If the dees can't match us or beat us tonight with outs we got they will never then.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Typical Gaza  :whistle
What's for dinner tonight creme de la balls?   :shh
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
Geez, you guys will find a way to sook about anything. 

Nothing about what he said is wrong or anti-Richmond in any way.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders

:thumbsup
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame

Who's sooking? Did you listen to Gaz this morning? The bloke gets an erection at the thought of beating us  :shh and I have no doubt this was his usual before any melb-rich game.

Anyways if were good enough we will win, if not we move on quickly to the Pies for the weekend.
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
It echo's my thoughts. Beating Melbourne confirms that we are right in it again, for me. This side loves playing us & off the back of last week, will be up and about.

Beat them well and we gap the competition.
Detka! Detka! Detka!

Lebowski

It echo's my thoughts. Beating Melbourne confirms that we are right in it again, for me. This side loves playing us & off the back of last week, will be up and about.

Beat them well and we gape the competition.

we certainly will

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
I hope Garry enjoyed tonight's game ;D.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
I hope Garry enjoyed tonight's game ;D.

Yeah. On you Gary

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Maybe Melbourne aren’t the next big thing. Maybe Goodwin isn’t a good coach.

I too thought they were building a strong team but they currently they sit near the bottom of the ladder just above Carlton and Brisbane, both teams we also beat comfortably.

It’s a long season and all we can do is beat the teams on the day we play them. As long as we bring our style of play we know we are going to be a chance to win against anyone which is a good feeling.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
If Butler, Castagna -and even Edwards at times- were cleaner and more one-touch players ,along with Riewoldt getting his set shot kicking back on track, we'd be virtually unstoppable.... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
We would be irrepressible

Lebowski

If Butler, Castagna -and even Edwards at times- were cleaner and more one-touch players ,along with Riewoldt getting his set shot kicking back on track, we'd be virtually unstoppable.... :shh

That will happen later on in the season, love the fact we're still building into the season and well below our best when it comes to sharpness and being cleaner/clinical