Author Topic: Changes for the Pies game?  (Read 9337 times)

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for the Pies game?
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2018, 09:10:28 PM »
Ellis and Townsend not playing at all this week. Looks like they are being rested after all.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2018, 09:11:45 PM »
From what I've heard tonight's game might as well be called the "Menadue Cup"..... :shh

Would be mad letting this guy go anywhere. Hope he pushes his way in and stays there.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2018, 09:29:48 PM »
OK just remember hearing from somewhere that he was going to Norf

Interesting, I have heard Menadue is going there.

Hmmm is that a FACT?

No, just something I had heard.

But if you have heard Ellis, and I have heard Meadue, then maybe there is something in the wind here. Might be either of them or someone else, but seems maybe the Roos are talking to somebody.

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2018, 10:04:53 PM »
One thing is certain - Carlton badly need some decent outside runners..... :shh

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

dwaino

« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2018, 10:05:52 PM »
Carlton could also do with a weights room.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #65 on: April 27, 2018, 11:01:54 PM »
Ellis and Townsend not playing at all this week. Looks like they are being rested after all.
:shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2018, 01:36:38 PM »
DId you think they would play after haveing just wed, thur, friday off. If our reserves were playing on Sunday as well they would probably be playing.
Thats a real short turn around and id say duty of care would come into it. Not a good time to get dropped and thats exactly what has happened.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2018, 02:25:32 PM »

Not exactly

Both being held out as emergencies for the AFL game
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2018, 03:18:52 PM »
DId you think they would play after haveing just wed, thur, friday off. If our reserves were playing on Sunday as well they would probably be playing.
Thats a real short turn around and id say duty of care would come into it. Not a good time to get dropped and thats exactly what has happened.

It Speaks.......
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2018, 03:53:58 PM »
Thoughts on the Melbourne game claw?

How come Lloyd is playing then?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2018, 10:27:26 PM »
Ellis and Townsend got married?!

Yep, that might explain it.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2018, 01:32:43 PM »

Welcome back Craw. If that’s the case, why doesn’t Llordo get that same duty of care?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2018, 02:40:35 PM »
Think Ellis was dropped rather than rested. His dropping was definitely called for.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2018, 03:25:19 AM »
Think Ellis was dropped rather than rested. His dropping was definitely called for.
Was told his performance needs to lift and there would not be a spot for him this week barring late changes. Body wasn't going to be risked in the VFL on Saturday as he was still sore. So basically, he was dropped and rested at the same time.  ;D
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2018, 07:35:37 AM »
Dimma confirmed in his press conference after the game yesterday that all 3 were dropped rather than rested.