Author Topic: Richmond is "20% better" than everyone, but have they peaked too early? (SEN)  (Read 1262 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond is "20 per cent better" than everyone, but have they peaked too early?

By SEN
7 May 2018

Former two-time premiership player David King believes Richmond is far and away the best team in the competition.

Richmond sits on top of the ladder with six wins after seven rounds and King said there’s a fair gap between them and the rest.

“The only thing on the ladder I believe right now – I think Richmond are 20 per cent better than the rest of the competition. 20 per cent better than the next best team,” he told SEN’s Whateley.

“They’ve got a percentage of over 150, it’s a big number seven rounds in.”

However, King said with that dominance comes the pressure to maintain that success from May through to September without getting figured out by the teams below them.

“The alarm for me is that there’s still 15 weeks to go, it’s a long time to be analysed by some great strategic minds in the competition,” he said.

“I think more than ever when you run so well for the first couple of months and we’ve seen this before, we’ve seen the Adelaide two or three games clear on top of the ladder a decade ago, Sydney and Collingwood top of the table.

“So now the next four or five clubs, they’re all assigning one person to say okay, go to the Richmond games, watch them on behind the goal vision, work out the method they’re playing and give me a solution.

“Every team is now planning to beat the team that’s 20 per cent better than the next best team.

“They’re going to be top four minimum the Tigers so it’s a real discussion.”

The Tigers face another tough test on the weekend taking on the in-form North Melbourne.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/05/07/richmond-is-20-per-cent-better-than-everyone-but-have-they-peaked-too-early/

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
I would have thought 25% was closer to the mark

dwaino

The Tigers face another tough test on the weekend taking on the in-form North Melbourne.

Another tough test? I thought we've had an easy ride?

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
Gez these experts were winning now we a peaking to early.If we a loosing they have a hang over or had no injuries that's why.

That may be the case teams trying to work us out but can't work out pressure or desperation or 22 blokes contribution it's basic footy simple.I think Dimma and his assistant'scan flick the switch and change our style to.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland

Isn't it funny that we keep facing these tests of ""in-form opponents" and after we beat them hands down we are told we haven't played a good team yet.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
When we hold up the 2018 cup they’ll be saying it’s because we had a week draw and no injuries and we played the finals at our home ground.

.......then someone will say that it’s the second worse team to have ever won a premiership.  :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Lebowski

Isn't it funny that we keep facing these tests of ""in-form opponents" and after we beat them hands down we are told we haven't played a good team yet.

funny that, AIm sure it will continue this week after we put norf to the sword