Author Topic: Changes for the Eagles game?  (Read 3633 times)

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for the Eagles game?
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2018, 01:44:28 PM »
Ok, after reading that
Out Broad, Castagna, Higgins rest them all
In B Ellis, Grigg, Miles

Shame about Prestia

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2018, 02:14:31 PM »
If Broad doesn't play I'd bring in Garthwaite, Miller or Moore.

The obvious replacements for Castagna & Higgins are Baker & Stengle.

I'd keep Prestia on ice until after the bye.  :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2018, 02:21:06 PM »
Corked glute? Surely can get up for this week, that's barely "general soreness"?

Broad plays if he can get up. We need him, their forward line is disgustingly potent.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2018, 02:36:03 PM »
Castagna might get a rest for this one or higgins i suppose and they might bring in shai bolten to show case him to the eagles and Dockers. I am of the opinion that he will be looking for a trade home to the west at seasons end.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2018, 03:26:15 PM »
In the Mix - Round 9

Jennifer Phelan
afl.com.au
15 May 2018

RICHMOND

Get them in: Shaun Grigg should be available after missing two weeks with a hamstring injury. Brandon Ellis will be considered after a solid VFL game, particularly if Nathan Broad doesn't recover from a corked glute. Daniel Rioli is set to play his first game since the Grand Final, but at VFL level.

Under the pump: Another even performance from the premiers means injuries and management are more likely to prompt changes. Jack Higgins was quiet but forced omissions might save him. 

Medical room:
Dion Prestia will likely miss again as the Tigers go conservative with his calf injury while Jason Castagna and Broad have to prove their fitness after copping knocks in Sunday's win. Grigg should be right to go while Ryan Garthwaite is also expected to be available after stretching a shoulder in the VFL.

Verdict:
Grigg returns, Castagna and Broad in doubt, Ellis well and truly in the mix, and maybe Ivan Soldo is considered if playing load is catching up with Toby Nankervis. Small forward Tyson Stengle has kicked 11 goals in five games and could be discussed.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-15/in-the-mix-round-nine

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2018, 06:10:02 PM »
Wouldn't be against bringing Menadue in for this one give us some more pace on big ground.Need Broad this week with his flexibility and there tall forward line.Higgins needs a spell Stengle or Bolton in.Towner needs a spell to no score impact.

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2018, 06:24:07 PM »
If Broad out would try Garthwaite. Bolton or Stengle would bring x factor.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2018, 06:49:52 PM »
I'd go for the quickest small forward we have as an in. Most likely to be Bolton.

He looks tailor made for Optus.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2018, 07:29:04 PM »

Baker?  Why not Bolton or is that what you meant and it was a case of auto correct? I ask because I haven’t seen him and I would’ve expected Bolton to be first off the cab.
The club that keeps giving.

Lebowski

« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2018, 07:41:13 PM »
Hopefully Broad plays, but if he misses bc of the corky id bring in Garthwaite to replace him - we need the talls to combat west coasts tall timber, but likely wont happen and we'll bring in Grigg.

Hopefully George pulls up ok, but if we need to rest him bring in Stengle or Bolton.

BEllis needs to do more before coming back

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2018, 09:09:44 PM »

Baker?  Why not Bolton or is that what you meant and it was a case of auto correct? I ask because I haven’t seen him and I would’ve expected Bolton to be first off the cab.

Baker is in ripping form. He is a pure player who kicks well both sides and knocks up getting the pill...something good happens when he is involved. He or Stengle could come in no problem.

Menadue for Broad should he not get up.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2018, 10:21:53 PM »
Yes Baker - if Castagna or Butler don't play we need to replace them with someone not just of similar pace but also work rate, aggression and defensive pressure.....not a bloke with no tank who's more concerned with winning mark and goal of the year.... :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2018, 01:18:03 AM »
Richmond big man misses training, in doubt for Eagles clash

Jennifer Phelan
afl.com.au
May 16, 2018

RICHMOND may be set to take on West Coast and gun ruckman Nic Naitanui without its No.1 big man with Toby Nankervis failing to train on Wednesday morning.

Nankervis wasn't sighted during the hit-out at Punt Road after appearing to injure his right wrist in the third quarter against North Melbourne on Sunday.

The 23-year-old landed awkwardly after contesting a centre bounce against Todd Goldstein shortly before three-quarter time and looked to be in discomfort when he grabbed his wrist.

However, he played out the game and even took a mark in the minutes that followed.

Former rookie and seven-gamer Ivan Soldo did train on Wednesday and looms as the likely replacement for Nankervis if he fails to get up in time for Sunday's game.

"I think [Nankervis] has got a couple of sore spots but I'm not too sure what it is," defender Nick Vlastuin told AFL.com.au.

"Ivan Soldo has been playing really well in the twos, so I'm not sure what selection is but if 'Nank' doesn't pull up, and I think he'll be alright, but if he doesn't pull up well I suppose Soldo will come in and fill a role.

"He's been following up really well at ground level in the twos so I'll be excited if 'Nank' doesn't pull up that Soldo gets a go but either way we're confident that our midfielders can probably nullify Nic Nat around the ground."

A fresh Naitanui is set to come into the Eagles' side after missing last week's win over Greater Western Sydney due to a one-game suspension for tackling Port Adelaide's Karl Amon.

The high-flying ruckman has been on reduced minutes in his seven games this season after missing all of 2017 following a knee reconstruction.

Coach Adam Simpson has already indicated the week off may allow for him to play for longer against the Tigers.

Back-up ruckman Shaun Grigg also trained on Wednesday and looks set to reclaim his place in the Richmond side after missing the past two games with a hamstring injury.

Forward Jason Castagna (knock to the knee) missed the session and also appears to be in doubt, while defender Nathan Broad – who has a corked glute – mainly ran laps.

Fellow backmen Bachar Houli and Dylan Grimes were on light duties with veteran ruckman Shaun Hampson, who is struggling with an on-going back issue.

Dion Prestia didn't train and is likely to miss a second game because of the calf injury he picked up against Fremantle in round seven.

The Tigers will train again on Friday before holding their captain's run at Perth's Optus Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-16/tigers-ruckman-in-doubt-to-face-eagles

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2018, 10:25:28 AM »
If George, Broad, Nank don't pass fitness tests would bring in Soldo, Garthwaite and Stengle. Would bring in Miles and Bolton and rest Higgins and Conca. Know this will never happen and that it is wishful thinking but mindful of the effects of travelling on players after the recent playing schedule.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2018, 01:40:20 PM »
Replacing Castagna with Stengle & bringing in Soldo reduces our overall pace a fair bit.... :shh

- Gustav Mahler