Author Topic: Richmond vs West Coast @ Optus Stadium, Rnd 9, 2018 - Top of the Table clash!!!  (Read 22102 times)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
You'll have to watch the return of Brando on your TV mate

Dont think the VFL is on the TV this week  :huh3

Besides I'll be in Perth. I've got tickets  ;D
;D
Enjoy the return in person then  :thumbsup
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
Nank, Castagna & Broad in serious doubt according to AFL site
Prestia also will miss again
Grigg ready to return

Soldo whould hold his own against Nic Nat and a great opportunity for him should he come in. 

I am comfortable we can cover these players and I would definitely rest them if they aren't 100% fit. 

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Rsather bring in Chol...Sold's ruckwork & general football has improved immensely  but he's still a slow lumbering lump around the ground and he's comp;etely ineffective when he goes forward (albeit an upgrade on Hamspud)..NicNat will slaughter whoever we put up against him anyway.... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
Rsather bring in Chol...Sold's ruckwork & general football has improved immensely  but he's still a slow lumbering lump around the ground and he's comp;etely ineffective when he goes forward (albeit an upgrade on Hamspud)..NicNat will slaughter whoever we put up against him anyway.... :shh

I like this idea immensely  :thumbsup

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame

Soldo has improved around the ground to and can take a grab and kick a goal.Any ruckman comes against Nick Nat will struggle around the ground it's about the support around him that counts.Chol is not a full-time ruckman either.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Chol will too easily get pushed off the ball, particularly at boundary throw ins. I think Soldo can hold his own around the ground due to his sheer size and I'm hoping he jumps into Nic Nat at the centre bounces to neutralise the ball up or make him sore.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Don't really care about the  ruck contests-  overrated, we lose them most weeks anyway and they'd be lost even if Nank was playing-  Soldo is a throwback - too cumbersome around the ground, ruckmen don't actually play on each other in general play that much these days and at least Chol has agility, decent pace for his size and can also play as a genuine forward.... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
The Eagles are boasting about them being able to double-teaming us in the ruck.

West Coast ruckman Nic Naitanui says he and cohort Scott Lycett will double-team Richmond’s Toby Nankervis and “work him over” in Sunday’s top-of-the-table blockbuster at Optus Stadium.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/nic-naitanui/west-coasts-nic-naitanui-scott-lycett-plan-to-work-over-richmond-ruckman-toby-nankervis-ng-b88838022z

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
The footy media are tipping the Eagles because they believe the Eagles' talls (Kennedy, Darling & Naitanui) will win the game in air.

http://afl.com.au

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Don't really care about the  ruck contests-  overrated, we lose them most weeks anyway and they'd be lost even if Nank was playing-  Soldo is a throwback - too cumbersome around the ground, ruckmen don't actually play on each other in general play that much these days and at least Chol has agility, decent pace for his size and can also play as a genuine forward.... :shh

Can Soldo tag Natanui??

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame

Can Soldo tag Natanui??

Not unless he suddenly became incredibly fit and athletic overnight.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame

Can Soldo tag Natanui??

And developed an increase level of footy smarts

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
The footy media are tipping the Eagles because they believe the Eagles' talls (Kennedy, Darling & Naitanui) will win the game in air.

http://afl.com.au

They don't realise we have the best defence in the league and teams have tryed in thr past and failed.I know eagles forward line might be better then roos but last week they tryed to do the same.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame

Can Soldo tag Natanui??

You don't need to tag a bloke who barely gets the pill- he just needs to be a body to crash into Nic Nat at stoppages

“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame

Can Soldo tag Natanui??

You don't need to tag a bloke who barely gets the pill- he just needs to be a body to crash into Nic Nat at stoppages

Lift your quote game, Mr Roar  :shh

If all you need to do against Nic Nat is crash into him at stoppages then why are we concerned about him? The man is the best leaping ruckman of his generation. Maybe any generation. Can jump over anyone and has every ruck in the league covered in terms of leg speed and his ability to spread from the contest.