Author Topic: 2018 Trade/Free agency rumours, scuttlebutt & innuendo  (Read 116999 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: 2018 Trade/Free agency rumours, scuttlebutt & innuendo
« Reply #675 on: October 13, 2018, 07:13:21 PM »
cannot go into next year with all that experience out the door not replaced by at least one new signing.... surely they've got something going on behind the scenes.....

Agree our VFL team will struggle badly

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #676 on: October 13, 2018, 07:15:34 PM »
We have obviously put all our eggs in the Tom Lynch basket.  You have got to be happy with that but it does look as if it will cost us any ability to bring in other senior players like Scully, Crouch or even cheap back up options like Roughhead.

I still believe we gave Corey Ellis away too cheaply.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #677 on: October 13, 2018, 07:22:04 PM »
Going on the past, we will be topping up vfl with super vfl and interstate sub afl performers and offer them the lure of playing afl if they perform...

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #678 on: October 13, 2018, 07:26:10 PM »
Conca, Cellis were arse, Miles was finished and Townsend's a one-dimensional,one hit wonder.....all easily replaced....Stengle the only one I'd  keep.... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #679 on: October 13, 2018, 07:28:47 PM »
Conca, Cellis were arse, Miles was finished and Townsend's a one-dimensional,one hit wonder.....all easily replaced....Stengle the only one I'd  keep.... :shh

Even Stengel is limited compared to our other small forwards. None are a loss, can be replaced fairly quickly with decent VFL players without wasting a spot on an AFL list...
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #680 on: October 13, 2018, 08:09:15 PM »
On pure foottball talent I'd put Stengle only behind Rioli.... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #681 on: October 13, 2018, 10:03:32 PM »

Even Stengel is limited compared to our other small forwards. None are a loss, can be replaced fairly quickly with decent VFL players without wasting a spot on an AFL list...

I’m struggling to understand what all the fuss is about

We brought in a gun forward and got rid of three arse players.

We have a number of highly paid players and people still want us to land another big fish, stuff me we all want to land multiple big fishes but reality is another thing

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #682 on: October 13, 2018, 10:06:03 PM »

I’m struggling to understand what all the fuss is about

We brought in a gun forward and got rid of three arse players.

We have a number of highly paid players and people still want us to land another big fish, stuff me we all want to land multiple big fishes but reality is another thing
When everyone is greedy; be fearful. When everyone is fearful; be greedy.  :cheers

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #683 on: October 14, 2018, 01:48:25 AM »
It's part of the hidden battle happening during this year's trade period as clubs separate into those wanting high picks to do deals during trade period or access the best talent in the draft, versus those who are happy to head to the draft with later picks confident top talent will head their way via the father-son and academy bidding process.

13 clubs likely to draft father-son or next generation academy picks in November, with at least seven having to be as focused on having the right amount of points available for the draft as trades they are doing right now.

It's why the player-for-player swap has become an anachronism, with picks generally thrown into such a mix.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/the-afl-trade-period-s-hidden-battle-20181013-p509fw.html

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #684 on: October 14, 2018, 02:00:40 AM »

Lebowski

« Reply #685 on: October 14, 2018, 10:03:45 AM »
of all the players gone, the only one i didnt want to lose was Lloyd, better than Conca and shouldve been best 22. Other than that, we're not losing anything. Having said that would like to hold onto towner

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #686 on: October 14, 2018, 10:13:09 AM »
of all the players gone, the only one i didnt want to lose was Lloyd, better than Conca and shouldve been best 22. Other than that, we're not losing anything. Having said that would like to hold onto towner

We haven't lost Lloyd

yet

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #687 on: October 14, 2018, 10:19:56 AM »
Another unreliable source but anyway ...

No salary cap at Collingwood?

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #688 on: October 14, 2018, 10:37:52 AM »
On pure foottball talent I'd put Stengle only behind Rioli.... :shh
I have been a fan of Stengle since he arrived at Punt Rd but as you know it takes more than just talent to make it at AFL level.
All 3 of our smalls are ahead of Stengle at this stage- even more so when they all play together.

We seem to have a lot of a similar type of player at the moment and IMO can afford to trade at least one out, and if Stengle wants to go fair enough but as long as we get something decent in return. Adelaide should be paying for his potential not his 2 AFL games to date.

A pick around 40 is about right IMO.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #689 on: October 14, 2018, 12:34:20 PM »
18 or 19 is an age that a player can improve 10 fold
We will regret losing Stengle