Author Topic: 2018 Trade/Free agency rumours, scuttlebutt & innuendo  (Read 117326 times)

Offline sdc01

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: 2018 Trade/Free agency rumours, scuttlebutt & innuendo
« Reply #690 on: October 14, 2018, 12:57:55 PM »
18 or 19 is an age that a player can improve 10 fold
We will regret losing Stengle

yeah agree...remember sheds at that age compared to now....

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #691 on: October 14, 2018, 01:38:40 PM »
We need to get up the draft order a bit if we can. Could we trade our 1st pick and a player to get higher up the first round?

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #692 on: October 14, 2018, 02:10:48 PM »
We need to get up the draft order a bit if we can. Could we trade our 1st pick and a player to get higher up the first round?
Yes but who of value would you trade? Forget Bellis. Nobody wants him.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #693 on: October 14, 2018, 02:56:41 PM »
hey like whoa like stuff, i'm hungover and i don't want to hear that, YBB....:shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #694 on: October 14, 2018, 04:04:00 PM »
hey like whoa like stuff, i'm hungover and i don't want to hear that, YBB....:shh
I did say of value..... :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #695 on: October 14, 2018, 04:15:06 PM »
 :shh :snidegrin :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #696 on: October 14, 2018, 04:47:33 PM »
18 or 19 is an age that a player can improve 10 fold
We will regret losing Stengle

yeah agree...remember sheds at that age compared to now....
We go to all the trouble of drafting Stengle and then don't give him a real go... I don't get it

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #697 on: October 14, 2018, 08:55:41 PM »
We're not delisting him guys - he's being poached by the crows. Big difference.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #698 on: October 14, 2018, 10:18:56 PM »
Everyone is acting like Stengle is one of our best 10 players :lol
He’s was drafted as a rookie, has had two years on the list and has played 2 games.
He cost us stuff all to draft and stuff all to keep, any pick From round 4 or lower is a win for us.
Unfortunately he’s just a casualty of our success, any other Richmond’s nd era he’s probably playing regular football and may already have reached whipping boy standards :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #699 on: October 15, 2018, 12:23:30 AM »
This sums up the media during the trade period lol.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #700 on: October 15, 2018, 12:25:15 AM »

Crossed lines?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #701 on: October 15, 2018, 12:26:48 AM »
Players still to be traded in the final three days

Herald-Sun
15 oct 2018

LOCK IT IN

DYLAN SHIEL (GWS)

GWS wants two first-rounders, the Dons are proposing a first-rounder (this year’s pick No.9) and a third-rounder. Like most deals of this nature, surely nine and next year’s second-rounder is about right. If trade negotiations fell over Carlton would be a certainty to swoop, but there is enough goodwill that it is extremely unlikely to see it happening.

CHAD WINGARD (Port Adelaide)

Expect him to get to Waverley where Alastair Clarkson will try and unlock Wingard’s enormous potential in the forward half. Hawks probably have to concede pick No.15 and South Australian Ryan Burton to get deal done. Burton had a down year after finishing second in Rising Star last year.

TOM SCULLY (GWS)

Amazingly he should get to Hawthorn in exchange for pick No.53. Scully had an outstanding 2017 but suffered an horrific ankle injury that has dealt a huge blow to his trade worth. The Giants need his money off the books too. Unclear when he will play footy again.

AARON HALL (Gold Coast)

The speedy midfielder will be traded to the Kangaroos for a later pick in the 2019 draft because the Suns already have five picks inside 29 and won’t take later selections. A trade where the Roos give up very little for a player with real talent but rough edges.

JACK SCRIMSHAW (Gold Coast)

Off to the Hawks as their latest reformation project after two underwhelming years at the Gold Coast as their No.7 selection in the 2016 draft. Will be traded for a 2019 pick as the Suns strengthen their draft hand for next year as well as the 2018 draft, where they hold picks No.2, 3, 19, 24 and 29

KADE KOLODJASHNIJ (Gold Coast)

A former No.5 draft pick with neck and concussion issues, he will get to the Demons for a 2019 pick. Diminishing returns since his excellent 2015 season, but worth the punt.

RORY LOBB (GWS)

Hard not to see this one getting done, but not yet apparent exactly what pick for. Dockers have pick No.11 but are offering it to Geelong for Tim Kelly and Melbourne (plus a future pick) for Jesse Hogan. Also has No.23 and No.30, so plenty of time before Wednesday 8.30pm.

GEORGE HORLIN-SMITH (Geelong)

A certainty to get to the Suns for a late pick, with the Suns having No.59 and No.80 which they aren’t using anyway.

JORDAN ROUGHEAD (Bulldogs)

After missing out on May, Collingwood set its sights on Roughead to bolster the backline and provide some ruck depth. Magpies will get him cheap with late pick swap or as delisted free agent.

TOM LANGDON (Collingwood)

The Pies defender who hauled in 16 intercept marks in September has committed to the Pies on a two-year deal, knocking back a four-year deal at Sydney reportedly worth more than $2 million. With Darcy Moore and Langdon signed up, the Pies don’t have the picks for Steven May, surely.

UP FOR GRABS

LACHIE NEALE (Fremantle)

The Dockers publicly say Neale isn’t leaving - Freo chief executive Steve Rosich told Lions chief executive Greg Swann that in Grand Final week - but privately state the price as pick No.5 and a mid-first-round pick. The Lions won’t budge on their offer of five, Freo says it is happy to keep him. Meanwhile Neale is growing ever more furious, and while there is no prospect of him sitting out 2019, do Fremantle want a player who doesn’t want to be there and who will leave as a free agent next year?

TIM KELLY (Geelong)

Only wants to go to West Coast despite Freo’s offer of pick No.11, a reality coloured by the Eagles’ five-year deal on up to $3 million. West Coast has picks No.20 and No.22 (in points value worth exactly pick No.6) but not yet the pick swap to get a selection within the top 10. Still, seems there is enough goodwill to get it done.

RYAN BURTON (Hawthorn)

Looks set to move to Port to clinch Chad Wingard’s move to Waverley. Burton is miffed with Hawthorn’s approach but we have always admired the club’s boldness this time of year. Hawthorn wanted to give pick No.15 only for Wingard but Port demanding Burton as well.

DANIEL MENZEL (Geelong)

As a free agent can now be traded, sign with the Cats or leave as a delisted free agent from November 1. If the Cats sign him - and it’s a big if - you would expect it would be another one-year deal on so-so money.

JAKE KELLY (Adelaide)

The Pies were interested in securing the father-son they once overlooked after 43 games in the past two years, but it is not yet apparent how the weekend signature of Tom Langdon affects that interest. His brother Will is a top-30 father-son pick but will need some time.

TOM LIBERATORE (Bulldogs)

Still unsigned at the kennel, leaving door wide open for a rival to swoop. But no one banging the door down yet. Probably stays on one-year extension.

LUKE DUNSTAN (St Kilda)

Rivals have considered Dunstan but no takers so far. Needs a breakout year in 2019.

DAVID ARMITAGE (St Kilda)

Not sure he fits into St Kilda’s best 22 next year. Rivals could get him cheaply.

DARREN MINCHINGTON (St Kilda)

Delisted tough nut set to get a lifeline at Waverley. Next Paul Puopolo?

JAKE NEADE (Port Adelaide)

Out of contract at Port and Collingwood sniffing as Kayle Kirby replacement.

DON’T COUNT ON IT

STEVEN MAY (Gold Coast)

He hasn’t declared his hand because he doesn’t have to. Wants to be traded, but is aware that unless the Suns can get pick No.5 it isn’t happening. Fair enough, too, given they will likely get pick No.2 - and an extra year’s service - if he leaves next year. Given Brisbane would have to trade on Lachie Neale, then Fremantle would have to trade on 29.

DAYNE BEAMS (Brisbane)

Still in the same holding pattern of the past few months. He wants to go home, Brisbane would potentially do it for a compelling deal but won’t do it for unders given he was their captain for the first half of the year. The Lions front-ended most of his deal, and they paid the world for him in picks and players to the Pies. Pick No.18 won’t do it. Would 18 and the Pies’ second-round pick? Very little chat between the two clubs so far. Brisbane can’t do it for pick No.18 because giving up No.5 and 18 for Lachie Neale would be overs. Not when they will get Neale as a free agent next year for nothing.

JESSE HOGAN (Melbourne)

Wants to get to Fremantle, but the Dockers are playing hard ball, saying they don’t think Hogan is worth two early picks. It’s curious why Fremantle keep banging on about due diligence, as if there is more to this story. Demons say they want pick No.5 from Fremantle (via Brisbane) or they will keep him.

JACK HOMBSCH (Port Adelaide)

The Port Adelaide full-back has been told he might be surplus to requirements at the Power but the Suns are seen as unlikely to take him despite earlier interest.

MARCUS ADAMS (Bulldogs)

The Bulldogs defender is being held to his contract despite agreeing to head to the Lions, who traded out pick 22 in a pick swap with the Suns. Not exactly apparent how this deal gets done yet.

HAIL MARY

JON CEGLAR (Hawthorn)

Hawthorn and Ceglar’s camp say he is going nowhere despite ongoing speculation about a move.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/we-look-at-the-players-still-to-be-traded-in-the-final-three-days/news-story/c4a44891d3d3be19802a03b4584bdd6c

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #702 on: October 15, 2018, 12:28:18 AM »
Yup mass hysteria around Stengle. It’s unfortunate but even if he had played a few games it still would have been a rookie contract from us vs a longer term senior contract from a team in his home state. We were competing for a flag, you don’t play someone based on future potential you play them on the now and unfortunately Stengle isn’t in our best 22 and has been offered a better deal, that’s that.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #703 on: October 15, 2018, 11:46:02 AM »

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #704 on: October 15, 2018, 12:15:56 PM »
The ankle injury is definitely concerning. I think I remember hearing something somewhere about us being really put off by the medical; that's why the media chat was that we didn't have the cap. It wasn't that; its actually just we were unlikely to take the punt on him.

The chat on BF is that GWS have been well over the cap for some time and it's all a conspiracy.

It all adds up; just sayin  :rollin