Author Topic: Shaun Grigg on SEN 23-5-18  (Read 716 times)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Shaun Grigg on SEN 23-5-18
« on: May 24, 2018, 01:55:06 AM »
Shaun Grigg on Time On with Sam McClure - Wednesday 23rd May

AUDIO: https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode/?id=198740

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dustin Martin: Brownlow winner and talented chef?

By Nic Negrepontis
SEN
23 May 2018

Brownlow Medallist, Norm Smith Medallist, premiership player and really good cook? Dustin Martin can really do it all.

Fellow Richmond midfielder Shaun Grigg revealed Martin can whip up a tasty stir fry the day before a game.

“We’ve done it for probably five or six years, I head over to Dusty’s place and he cooks up a nice little chicken stir fry for us and we just chew the fat and spend some time together, it’s good fun,” Grigg told Time On SEN.

“(The stir fry) is made with love, not many people would probably think he can cook, but he’s not too bad, he’s pretty good.

“It’s always Dusty cooking, I bring some ingredients and some little nibblies and Dustin cooks it up and I help with the dishes.”

Grigg, who plays his 200th game on the weekend, revealed their night before a game ritual has been up and running for a long time now.

“If it’s interstate we eat together at the hotel and whatnot, but if it’s in Melbourne we haven’t missed one for five or six years,” he said.

On a more serious note, Grigg said the club wasn’t quite on the same page during last week’s loss to West Coast.

“We didn’t really work together so it makes it incredibly tough in this day and age if you all aren’t on the same page to win a game of footy,” he said.

“To the Eagles’ credit, they were red-hot with their tackle pressure and their tall guys, they got a hold of us.”

Grigg has spent quite a bit of time in the ruck for the Tigers, allowing Toby Nankervis to rest, but he said his role might change in the future.

“We’ve got to keep evolving or we’re going to get left behind, Ivan Soldo’s been playing very well in the VFL and Josh Caddy and Nathan Broad have played in the ruck as well, so we need to keep evolving or we’ll head back to the pack pretty quick,” he said.

The Tigers will take on St Kilda at the MCG on Saturday afternoon in what will be Grigg’s 200th game.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/05/23/dustin-martin-brownlow-winner-and-talented-chef/

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Shaun Grigg on SEN 23-5-18
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 04:02:37 AM »
Wasn't the pre game chicken meal at deledio's house? Or at least that's what I remember reading a couple of years or so.ago

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
Re: Shaun Grigg on SEN 23-5-18
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 11:24:32 AM »
Wasn't the pre game chicken meal at deledio's house? Or at least that's what I remember reading a couple of years or so.ago

Yep, he mentioned that in the interview. Changed to Dusty's joint after Lids left.