Author Topic: Jack whacked: Riewoldt done for day after hit by Carlisle (afl site)  (Read 1458 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
VIDEO: http://www.afl.com.au/video/2018-05-26/riewoldt-dazed-from-carlisle-clip

Jack whacked: Riewoldt done for day after hit

Dinny Navaratnam
afl.com.au
May 26, 2018 2:30PM

ST KILDA defender Jake Carlisle has been reported for striking after collecting Richmond forward Jack Riewoldt late in a marking contest during the first quarter in a clash that left the dual Coleman medallist concussed.

Meanwhile, Tigers backman Bachar Houli had made two trips to the rooms by midway through the second quarter after struggling with a groin issue.

Riewoldt held on to a mark five minutes into the match at the MCG on Saturday afternoon but was hit in the head by the Saint's swinging right forearm.

The premiership Tiger stayed down for a while before being helped off the ground with the assistance of trainers and appeared groggy on his feet.

It was confirmed during the second term that Riewoldt's day was over.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-26/jack-whacked-riewoldt-off-the-field-after-hit

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
Carlise is a bit of a thug not new to this.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Taking a gun player out of the game in the first 5 minutes with a swinging high arm is nothing but a cheap shot. Intentional, high & bare minimum medium contact. Should get 3-4 weeks.

Hopefully Jack is okay and is alright to play next week. The one positive is any affects from that bump last week would have received a rest.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Dougeytherichmondfan

Taking a gun player out of the game in the first 5 minutes with a swinging high arm is nothing but a cheap shot. Intentional, high & bare minimum medium contact. Should get 3-4 weeks.

Hopefully Jack is okay and is alright to play next week. The one positive is any affects from that bump last week would have received a rest.
Comments on FB suggest Carlisle will be unlucky if he gets weeks and that Jack was just sooking and wasting peoples time (whilst concussed and experiencing muscle spasms or afterwards, they didn't say).

I kid you not.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com

Comments on FB suggest Carlisle will be unlucky if he gets weeks and that Jack was just sooking and wasting peoples time (whilst concussed and experiencing muscle spasms or afterwards, they didn't say).

I kid you not.
Pathetic but not surprised by such comments coming from Saints fans. They always have had big mouths for a club that's done sweet bigger all in their whole history.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Saints defender Jake Carlisle was reported for striking in the incident that ended Riewoldt's day, but Hardwick said that "accidents happen in footy".

"I don't think there's anything in that," he said of Carlisle's spoil.

Source: AFL website

dwaino

More in it than Caddy's missed smother in round 2. Definitely swung for the head. inb4 nothing.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
Took his eyes off the footy late and then hit him high. Jack concussed.

There's no way he doesn't get 1-2 weeks. I didn't think it was too bad, just a bad split second decision but he must pay the price.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Decent defenders can make that sort of spoil look like an accident, but no way it was. He was a split second late for a spoil so he went at his head
He 100% IMO meant to hit Jack in the head and should go for 2 at a minimum.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
He 100% IMO meant to hit Jack in the head and should go for 2 at a minimum.

Carlisle hitting a target?

Nah, has got to have been an accident.

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
Re: Jack whacked: Riewoldt done for day after hit by Carlisle (afl site)
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2018, 12:28:09 AM »
Caddy and Vlaustin both copped weeks for exactly the same type of hit.
He has to go for at least one >:(

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2018, 11:58:41 AM »
Ch 7 said with the 7 day break Jack will be managed through the usual concussion protocols during this week to try to get him up for the Essendon game.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2018, 04:57:08 PM »
Carlisle gets 2 weeks from the MRP.

Charges Laid:

Jake Carlisle, St Kilda, has been charged with striking Jack Riewoldt, Richmond, during the first quarter of the Round 10 match between St Kilda and Richmond, played at the MCG on Saturday May 26, 2018. 

In summary, he can accept a two-match sanction with an early plea. 

Based on the available video evidence and a medical report from the Richmond Football Club, the incident was assessed as careless conduct with high impact to the head. The incident was assessed as a two-match sanction. The player can accept a two-match sanction with an early plea. 

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-28/match-review-full-statement-round-10