Author Topic: Changes for the Cats game?  (Read 8580 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Changes for the Cats game?
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2018, 11:32:29 AM »
If Markov puts his hand up the VFL tomorrow he should replace Menadue....

Moore was abysmal last night but still like to see him given a decent block of games and we're back at the fortress next week.....but Geelong can make mince meat of inexperienced players and at least we know Townsend won't take a backward step... :shh

Rioli for Higgins, Martin for Miles will be the most likely changes....
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2018, 11:42:16 AM »
Time for Garthwaite over Broad. 

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2018, 12:05:41 PM »
Agree

Graham back in too...should never have been dropped.... :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2018, 12:09:00 PM »
...and  at the end of the year he'll be saying bye..... :shh

Yep
👋

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2018, 01:36:26 PM »
Agree

Graham back in too...should never have been dropped.... :shh

:lol
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2018, 01:40:28 PM »
Looking forward to another hilarious talking up of your boy BEllis' shyteful performance.... :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2018, 01:43:25 PM »
Looking forward to another hilarious talking up of your boy BEllis' shyteful performance.... :shh

Wasn't one of our worst. No point arguing with people who only see what they want to see & claim any kid in the 2's is already a better player  :lol

Just love how we lose & it was all because of Bellis, Conca or Shaun Grigg. It's never anyone else.  :lol
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2018, 01:50:38 PM »
Who said it was just them? Though they do tend to be common denominators even if the other culprits around them may change.... :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2018, 01:53:22 PM »
Who said it was just them? Though they do tend to be common denominators even if the other culprits around them may change.... :shh
Usual suspects going at Ellis. Ditto Conca. Grigg gets no love these days but I think he's bordering being past it now as well.

A few always seem to escape scrutiny. Lambert was terrible against Essendon and very very ordinary last night. Been ordinary most of the season actually. Butler was a disgrace. The 3 small forwards didn't do anywhere near enough. Caddy did SFA.

I mean, it's a team sport and a lot of the side was down. You can't drop 'em all.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2018, 02:09:21 PM »
I for one pointed all those blokes out except Caddy who I forgot...though unlike the others he has some credits this year.....Lambert's been below average all year and Butler's been woeful in probably 9 out of 12 matches.....McIntosh & Broad another couple who've been more poor than good....certainly no better than blokes who've been dropped like Townsend & Graham....I'm hardly a fan of his  but Castagna hasn't been as nearly bad as everyone makes out but having said that he still hasn't been that great....Moore was poor, Miles was useless last night too and showed why he doesn't get picked and Mendue is the biggest passenger if not since Tambling at least since Corey Ellis was last in the seniors ....hell, even Nankervis had a shocker... :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2018, 02:20:39 PM »
 :thumbsup

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2018, 09:11:29 PM »
I for one pointed all those blokes out except Caddy who I forgot...though unlike the others he has some credits this year.....Lambert's been below average all year and Butler's been woeful in probably 9 out of 12 matches.....McIntosh & Broad another couple who've been more poor than good....certainly no better than blokes who've been dropped like Townsend & Graham....I'm hardly a fan of his  but Castagna hasn't been as nearly bad as everyone makes out but having said that he still hasn't been that great....Moore was poor, Miles was useless last night too and showed why he doesn't get picked and Mendue is the biggest passenger if not since Tambling at least since Corey Ellis was last in the seniors ....hell, even Nankervis had a shocker... :shh

I thought Nank was OK, had one of those moments that looked bad on TV  but overall thought he was OK

Lebowski

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2018, 12:31:09 AM »
Moore - would like to see him get a few more games, but his efforts were pathetic last night
Menadue - total passenger had his chance will be dropped
Butler - insipid. Has been poor in at least half his games this season,
Macca - has had about 2 decent games, surely has used up how credits
Higgins - needs a spell in the twos, love his work but was overwhelmed last night

all in the gun

Hopefully Rioli, towno, Markov, wombat, Bolton, Garthwaite all play well in the reserves to get a shot

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2018, 01:48:19 PM »
If Astbury isn't 100% fit, I'd play Garthwaite. Great opportunity to debut. He has been brilliant in the twos.

I know WP didn't like Bolton's game but I thought he was one of our best and laid 5 tackles (wow for him). He comes in for Higgins. Martin in for Menadue, Conca or Miles. Balta in for Moore because he can give Nank a chop out.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2018, 02:11:39 PM »
Garthwaite was uncharacteristically poor yesterday but should still be the only real option to replace Astbury if required....Miller was even worse and not ready for AFL anyway...is still learning to play in the backline after mainly being a forward/ruck  in juniors... :shh

- Gustav Mahler