Author Topic: Media articles and stats: Tigers fail to fire against Port  (Read 3416 times)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
Re: Power surge stops Tigers (The Age)
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2018, 06:31:08 PM »

Ellis was breathtaking at times, some pure magic from him and fearless attack on the footy a few times. Just needs to do it consistently. He was one of our best for sure.

"Fearless arrack on the footy a few times"?

Wow,!

And what about the contests he shirked or simply refused to attack let alone fearlessly? Of which I counted at least 6?

He along with Grigg cost us at least 3-4 goals eith their poor play and guess what we lost by less than that...

He was back to bad / poor BEliis, the one that got dropped for those reasons

He was not close to one of the best, he was like most of the side very poor.
Yep!!

His attack was absolutely fierce on occasion. I didn't see the 6 times he apparently refused to attack the contest, but a few times I thought his tackles slipped so maybe that's what you're saying.

Agree, most of the side were poor but Brando wasn't one of the worst. Not even close. Had a positive impact with ball in hand quite a few times and along with Short, gave us run and carry from the backline in the first which helped us gain the lead going into quarter time.

Was his game good? No. But I think Rance was the only one to actually have what I'd consider a 'good' game. The rest were battling hard & a few certain players contributed next to nothing all night.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Media articles and stats: Tigers fail to fire against Port
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2018, 06:38:36 PM »

I really do think he must offend people at functions or something because there's no other explanation. Actually a really nice fella & good footballer.

:lol

No doesnt offend at functions

Offends by the way he sometimes plays.

He is an excellent kick, when he kicks long. But he seems helbent on being the king of dinky kicks.

For every "fearless attack" on the contest there are 3 contests where he pulls out of the contest or simply stands back and spectates

FWIW when he's played well like he did in the finals last year ive praised him but when he dishes up what he has had this season and for so much of his career he deserves the whacks just like every other player

What's a pity is that it's taken until this year for them to drop him for the deficiencies in his game. Maybe if they'd done it earlier we wouldnt having these discussions
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Re: Media articles and stats: Tigers fail to fire against Port
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2018, 01:38:05 AM »

I really do think he must offend people at functions or something because there's no other explanation. Actually a really nice fella & good footballer.

:lol

No doesnt offend at functions

Offends by the way he sometimes plays.

He is an excellent kick, when he kicks long. But he seems helbent on being the king of dinky kicks.

For every "fearless attack" on the contest there are 3 contests where he pulls out of the contest or simply stands back and spectates

FWIW when he's played well like he did in the finals last year ive praised him but when he dishes up what he has had this season and for so much of his career he deserves the whacks just like every other player

What's a pity is that it's taken until this year for them to drop him for the deficiencies in his game. Maybe if they'd done it earlier we wouldnt having these discussions
Agree. Excellent post WP. :clapping

......... now tell us about Conca.
The club that keeps giving.