Author Topic: Richmond vs GWS @ Spotless Stadium, Rnd 17, 2018  (Read 14777 times)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs GWS @ Spotless Stadium, Rnd 17, 2018
« Reply #195 on: July 16, 2018, 07:08:37 AM »
The normally reliable Castagna kicked five points and one out on the full. In the first 13 rounds of the season he had booted a healthy 19.12, but in three games since he hasn’t kicked a goal, but has totalled seven behinds.

Now who is a joke “venom” Denham?

Seriously how anyone could claim Georgie boy is anything more reliable than a long shot simply hasn’t watched enough of our football or bothered to review his stats
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #196 on: July 16, 2018, 09:34:50 AM »
I’m one of Georgie’s biggest fans but his goal kicking is far from reliable.
If it was he would be one of the best small forwards in the game. He gives us a contest in the air that most small forwards cannot, which helps us play with only Jack as our key marking forward and all our small/medium forwards to create the pressure. 

He is very consistent with all he does and is just as important as our other 2 small forwards.
None of which rack up big numbers but all do their job most weeks.

Bolton showed on Saturday night he isn’t willing to do the important bits first before trying to get a kick. I hope Stengle can this week.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #197 on: July 16, 2018, 01:35:43 PM »
In hunting and pressing the Tigers, the Giants showed that Richmond's 1-5 forward set up can be made a weak point if you can squeeze the small forwards. Without another key target the Tigers attack was suspect, and easily restricted. Richmond had a lot of forward entries, but weren't efficient with the way they attacked the goal. That wouldn’t be said of course if Jason Castagna had kicked straight, but it still felt as though the Giants' pressure prevented Richmond's ability to attack.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/4-points-can-eagles-answer-winning-question-20180715-p4zrnh.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #198 on: July 16, 2018, 06:33:44 PM »
Coaches votes (Hardwick & Cameron)

GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY v RICHMOND
10 Callan Ward (GWS)
8 Lachie Whitfield (GWS)
6 Dustin Martin (RICH)
2 Stephen Coniglio (GWS)
2 Daniel Rioli (RICH)
1 Zac Langdon (GWS)
1 Dylan Grimes (RICH)

www.afl.com.au/news/2018-07-16/aflca-votes-round-17-big-max-gets-max-votes

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #199 on: July 16, 2018, 06:35:42 PM »
I’m one of Georgie’s biggest fans but his goal kicking is far from reliable.
If it was he would be one of the best small forwards in the game. He gives us a contest in the air that most small forwards cannot, which helps us play with only Jack as our key marking forward and all our small/medium forwards to create the pressure. 

He is very consistent with all he does and is just as important as our other 2 small forwards.
None of which rack up big numbers but all do their job most weeks.

Bolton showed on Saturday night he isn’t willing to do the important bits first before trying to get a kick. I hope Stengle can this week.

Yeah we know Georgie is great, Rioli is terrible ya blah blah ya blah
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"