Author Topic: How to secure grand final tickets  (Read 1812 times)

Offline Absolut Tigers

• Future Richmond star
  • Oh we're From Tigerland
How to secure grand final tickets
« on: July 17, 2018, 02:17:07 PM »
Advice wanted

I am keen to secure - well in advance - grand final tickets for myself and 3 children. We are all members, but weren't smart enough to buy Rioli membership, which guarantees you a seat at grand final if Richmond makes it.

We missed attending last year's grand final in person as were travelling in the US at the time. Watch AFL app and google chrome meant we could at least watch game live on hotel TV!

I was wondering what were the available options for buying tickets. I came up with the following:
- Hope to secure grand final ticket through members ballot (low likelihood of success given 98,000 members)
- Purchase tickets through AFL corporate hospitality (only ridiculously expensive packages left)
- Purchase grand final package through clubs e.g. LOLNORF, Gold Coast
- Buy tickets from scalpers closer to the time. My concern with this option is new laws on scalping (can only legally charge 10% above face value) might mean limited number of tickets available through scalpers

In the event Richmond didn't make grand final I would sell tickets and if lost money on the transaction so be it.

Look forward to hearing from anyone that can help

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: How to secure grand final tickets
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 05:07:37 PM »
i found myself in a similar position. Im am both a richmond and afl member and hope someone can come to the party and find me another seat in afl as the option of using my richmond membership wont get me a ticket with so many members we have.

i would try calling one one of these guys who sell the tickets

http://www.afl.com.au/tickets/grandfinal/eligibility

AFL Authorised Grand Final Ticket On-Sellers as at 30 June 2018
OSAFL18/19   Corporate Sports Australia
OSAFL18/20   General Travel Group (AFLEO)
OSAFL18/21   Travel & Sports Australia (AFLEO)
OSAFL18/22   Melbourne Stadiums Limited
OSAFL18/23   MEC Corporate Hospitality
OSAFL18/24   Mercury Principle Events
OSAFL18/25   Premium Seats
OSAFL18/26   Virgin Australia Holidays (AFLEO)
OSAFL18/27   AFLPA
OSAFL18/28   MCC
OSAFL18/29   Ticketek
OSAFL 18/30   BT Corporate
OSMCC 18/31   The Golden Ticket
OSMCC 18/32   Barry Cheatley
OSMCC 18/33   Condor Corporate Leisure
OSMCC 18/34   SRG 2.9 Pty Ltd
OSMCC 18/35   Top Shelf Management
OSMCC 18/36   Cricket Australia
OSMCC 18/37   Ball Park Entertainment
OSMCC 18/38   The Bubble
OSMCC 18/40   Idiom Events
OSMCC 18/41   Dynamic Sports & Entertainment Group

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 05:33:44 PM »
I was given the opportunity to upgrade my son’s membership(I’m assuming it’s because he’s a gold reserved seat member) but my other son wasn’t offered (same seat but silver) and they put him on a wait list which you could try
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline casper68

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 12:48:43 AM »
Advice wanted

I am keen to secure - well in advance - grand final tickets for myself and 3 children. We are all members, but weren't smart enough to buy Rioli membership, which guarantees you a seat at grand final if Richmond makes it.

We missed attending last year's grand final in person as were travelling in the US at the time. Watch AFL app and google chrome meant we could at least watch game live on hotel TV!

I was wondering what were the available options for buying tickets. I came up with the following:
- Hope to secure grand final ticket through members ballot (low likelihood of success given 98,000 members)
- Purchase tickets through AFL corporate hospitality (only ridiculously expensive packages left)
- Purchase grand final package through clubs e.g. LOLNORF, Gold Coast
- Buy tickets from scalpers closer to the time. My concern with this option is new laws on scalping (can only legally charge 10% above face value) might mean limited number of tickets available through scalpers

In the event Richmond didn't make grand final I would sell tickets and if lost money on the transaction so be it.

Look forward to hearing from anyone that can help
Another option is contacting the club about upgrading your membership to Inner Sanctum Membership. Which still seem to be available.