Author Topic: RD 23 vs Western Bulldogs  (Read 8250 times)

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
RD 23 vs Western Bulldogs
« on: July 30, 2018, 02:02:54 PM »
So apparently its just been announced that this game will be played on Sat 25 Aug at 2.10pm at the MCG.  I'm coming down from the GC with my kids, son's girlfriend and wanting to take my brother.  My question is:  will my kids and myself be able to get in on the day using our membership and only paying for the girlfriend and brother and all sit in GA (which I dont' have a problem with) or do I bite the bullet and purchase tickets beforehand?

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: RD 23 vs Western Bulldogs
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 02:26:56 PM »
Youll be right unless all 100K richmond members turn up  :rollin

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 03:12:06 PM »
You will be fine

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 04:04:00 PM »
It’ll be like the GWS prelim
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 08:48:23 PM »
So apparently its just been announced that this game will be played on Sat 25 Aug at 2.10pm at the MCG.  I'm coming down from the GC with my kids, son's girlfriend and wanting to take my brother.  My question is:  will my kids and myself be able to get in on the day using our membership and only paying for the girlfriend and brother and all sit in GA (which I dont' have a problem with) or do I bite the bullet and purchase tickets beforehand?

Reckon you'll be right Julz just rockin up

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2018, 09:25:13 PM »
Sweet

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2018, 02:23:46 AM »
Marcus Bontempelli is in doubt for the Western Bulldogs' final home and away season game against Richmond next week after battling through a back injury in Sunday's 17-point win over Carlton at Etihad Stadium.

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2018-08-19/bont-in-doubt-for-tigers

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2018, 11:47:16 AM »
The MCG website is expecting a crowd of 60k on Saturday against the Dogs.

Opening times

Gates

Public          12.30pm
AFL Reserve 12.30pm
MCC Reserve 12.00pm

Parking
Gate 3: 10.00am
Gate 5: 12.00pm
Gate 6: 11.00am
Gate 7: 9.30am

Estimated attendance

Cheer squad locations
Richmond: Bays M3 and M4 (Rows A-K)
Western Bulldogs: Bay M33 (Rows A-S)

http://www.mcg.org.au/whats-on/events-calendar/2018/august/richmond-v-western-bulldogs-round-23

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2018, 07:55:25 PM »
The AFL website is tipping us to win by over 5 goals.

Match preview: Richmond v Western Bulldogs

Jennifer Phelan
afl.com.au
Aug 20, 2018 4:27PM

SUMMARY

It's confirmed – the Tigers are minor premiers after their eight-point win over Essendon on Friday night. It was their 17th victory for the season, which moved them two games clear of the second-placed West Coast. With a host of key players, including captain Trent Cotchin, to return to the side after missing the Bombers' game with minor soreness, the Tigers will look to field as strong a line-up as possible against the Dogs as a dress rehearsal for the weeks to come. Standing in their way of maintaining winning momentum going into the finals are the in-form Bulldogs, who have won their past three games. The late-season purple patch isn't enough for the Dogs to make a last-minute bid for a finals berth but it has seen them knock off St Kilda, North Melbourne and Carlton in consecutive weeks to give them some positive vibes to end their season on.

WHERE AND WHEN: the MCG, Saturday, August 25, 2.10pm AEST

LAST FIVE MEETINGS
R7, 2017, Western Bulldogs 11.14 (80) d Richmond 11.9 (75) at Etihad Stadium
R16, 2016, Western Bulldogs 12.13 (85) d Richmond 11.9 (75) at Etihad Stadium
R2, 2015, Western Bulldogs 12.13 (85) d Richmond 9.12 (66) at the MCG
R3, 2014, Western Bulldogs 15.10 (100) d Richmond 15.8 (98) at Etihad Stadium
R13, 2013, Richmond 17.19 (121) d Western Bulldogs 8.13 (61) at Etihad Stadium

THE SIX POINTS

1. In a quirk of the fixture, these two sides will meet for the first time this season in the final round. The Dogs have the run of form in recent head-to-heads, having won the past four encounters; three of which have been at Etihad Stadium.

2. Standing in the way of the Dogs ending the season on a winning note is the second-best defence in the competition. The Tigers are conceding an average of just 70 points a game, which will challenge the Dogs given they're one of the lowest-scoring sides this season.

3. Do the Tigers have the right to be peeved at the umpires? The free kick count suggests they may have a case; they're last for free kicks per game this season and have won the count on just three occasions. The Bulldogs are equal sixth for free kicks.

4. It will be just the second time the Bulldogs will line up at the MCG this season. At the other end of the scale are the Tigers, who are aiming for their 14th win there this year and 21st in a row.

5. Marcus Bontempelli has collected 35 and 37 disposals in the past two weeks, which gives him excellent momentum to repeat his 2017 heroics against the Tigers. In round seven last year, Bontempelli polled three Brownlow votes for his 27 disposals, one goal and nine tackles.

6. When it comes to the Schick AFL Player Ratings, young Tiger Jack Higgins gets the nod over Bulldog Ed Richards – but only just. Higgins is 427th overall while Richards is 429th, with the two ranked sixth and seventh in the first-year player rankings.

IT’S A BIG WEEK FOR…
The Tigers in general. They'll want to field a team as close to their finals line-up as possible after a few weeks of managing sore bodies. A win will be their 18th this year, which will confirm their most successful home-and-away season since 1982.

PREDICTION: Richmond by 32 points

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-08-20/match-preview-richmond-v-western-bulldogs

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2018, 09:10:52 PM »
Tigers by 57 points and that will be with the dogs kicking a few late ones. 

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2018, 09:15:23 PM »
Hope how fortune changes dogs have owned us for a while.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2018, 12:00:47 AM »
Richmond by 32?

They mean at quarter time?

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2018, 03:43:06 PM »
Need to curb Daniels and exploit his lack of defensive pressure. Would love Rioli to play on him. Martin, Cotch and Prestia need to overpower Wallis Hunter and the Bont.

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2018, 04:19:58 PM »
Would be nice to be clinical inside 50 for a change. Need to improve in this area, getting more inside 50s than most opponents but simply not getting the return we should.