Author Topic: Changes for the Bombers game?  (Read 6296 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Changes for the Bombers game?
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2018, 12:25:59 PM »
Key Tigers midfielder in doubt for Bombers clash

Ben Guthrie
afl.com.au
Aug 15, 2018 11:51AM

RICHMOND midfielder Dion Prestia is in doubt for Friday night's clash with Essendon as he battles hamstring soreness.

Prestia went for scans during the week and while he has not suffered a strain, the Tigers are expected to be cautious with the treatment of the injury.

Richmond football manager Neil Balme told AFL.com.au Prestia would be given every chance to face the Bombers, but given his injury history this season he would not be risked.

"Dion trained today (Wednesday) and we're not certain about what we'll do with him," Balme said.

"I guess there's some doubt, but nothing's been decided yet."

Prestia pulled up sore after Saturday's game against Gold Coast at Metricon Stadium but was running at training on Wednesday.

The 25-year-old battled a hamstring complaint in the pre-season, while he also been hampered by a calf injury and missed the clash against the Cats a fortnight ago with sore ribs.

"He was a bit sore on the weekend, but he played the game out," Balme said.

"If there's any genuine risk with him we won't play him, but we've just got to see how he pulls up from the session today."

Prestia has averaged 23.5 disposals from 10 matches for the Tigers this season.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-08-15/key-tigers-midfielder-in-doubt-for-bombers-clash

Lebowski

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2018, 12:49:29 PM »
So basically he pulled up sore after the game, went in for scans which confirm no damage, he trains today bc he’s fine but given his history we probably won’t risk him this fri night. I’m comfortable with that

Online Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2018, 12:53:35 PM »
Will be interesting to see the media reaction if we drop this game. We clearly have the opportunity to rest players yet am sure the Bummers will be declared the next big thing if they manage to knock us off.

dwaino

« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2018, 04:57:14 PM »
I reckon we’ll have too much pride in trying to keep the MCG fortress thing going on the eve of the finals.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2018, 10:30:37 PM »
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2018, 11:32:59 PM »
Saw that FB post.

I was staying in Broadbeach for the GC game. The team must have been staying nearby as I continually ran into them.

On Friday night, I was having dinner at a restaurant and Prestia was on the next table having dinner with Steven May and another player (I think Brodie). Also Nic Holman was at the restaurant at another table. Didn't look like they were having  a big night. Just a quiet bite and a few waters.

Then on Sunday morning, I was down getting a coffee and there was Dion with some bird waiting for a table for brekkie. Was about 9:15am. I was surprised as I assumed the players would have been back to Melb on Saturday night due to the 6 day turnaround. He didn't look like he was under the weather or anything so I doubt he was out until the wee hours. I remember wondering whether he may have had permission to stay on the coast for an extra day to catch up with friends. I doubt the story but it's not impossible to have occurred on Friday night or Saturday night as he was around for it to happen

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2018, 11:58:41 PM »
IN (OUT)

Lloyd (Lambert) Miles (Prestia) Cotchin (Menadue) Martin (Townsend)

Leave Nankervis out ...

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2018, 08:04:09 AM »
If Astbury is sore with calf to bring in Garth.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2018, 10:27:40 AM »
Saw that FB post.

I was staying in Broadbeach for the GC game. The team must have been staying nearby as I continually ran into them.

On Friday night, I was having dinner at a restaurant and Prestia was on the next table having dinner with Steven May and another player (I think Brodie). Also Nic Holman was at the restaurant at another table. Didn't look like they were having  a big night. Just a quiet bite and a few waters.

Then on Sunday morning, I was down getting a coffee and there was Dion with some bird waiting for a table for brekkie. Was about 9:15am. I was surprised as I assumed the players would have been back to Melb on Saturday night due to the 6 day turnaround. He didn't look like he was under the weather or anything so I doubt he was out until the wee hours. I remember wondering whether he may have had permission to stay on the coast for an extra day to catch up with friends. I doubt the story but it's not impossible to have occurred on Friday night or Saturday night as he was around for it to happen
Yeah will be interesting, good first hand info though TT.

My guess is if Trent misses this Friday then perhaps the other piece of info is true  :whistle

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2018, 10:46:58 AM »
No Cotchin . Prestia or Astbury at training

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2018, 11:20:32 AM »

Would suggest biggest lot of garbage ever posted on the internet
You might find he actually flew up the night before and some do stay on an extra night
Not a crime to go to a restaurant and have a drink

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2018, 11:28:52 AM »
Was right about Cotchin.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2018, 11:51:13 AM »
Officially Cotch, Astbury and Prestia out.

Shock as Tiger stars are ruled out for Dons clash

Sarah Black
afl.com.au
Aug 16, 2018 10:53AM

RICHMOND has ruled out premiership captain Trent Cotchin, key defender David Astbury and star midfielder Dion Prestia from Friday night's clash against Essendon.

The club is taking a safety-first approach with the trio, with Cotchin and Prestia both missing with hamstring soreness, and Astbury dealing with a sore Achilles.

They are all expected to miss just the one week and be available for selection for the round 23 match against Western Bulldogs.

Ryan Garthwaite, who has played just one game, is the most likely replacement for Astbury.

Coach Damien Hardwick told reporters Prestia would have played if required, but the club is taking a safety-first approach with the 25-year-old after hamstring, calf and rib injuries throughout the year.

"Dion won't play. He's got a little bit of hamstring soreness, so we'll take a really conservative approach with him," Hardwick said.

"He'll train, he obviously trained yesterday, but we won't push him and give him an easier week this week.

"At this stage (it's a one-week injury). Once again, we'll assess these things as we go along, but we're probably at the situation at the moment, coming into the pointy end that we'll take a conservative approach with those players that need it, and he's one of those guys at present."

With Kane Lambert (syndesmosis) also a confirmed out from the 22 that comfortably accounted for Gold Coast last week, the Tigers will be forced to make at least four changes.

Richmond had an extended squad of 27 at its captain's run, including Corey Ellis, Connor Menadue, Sam Lloyd, Jacob Townsend, Ryan Garthwaite, small forwards Liam Baker and Tyson Stengle.

Ellis, Menadue and Lloyd have traditionally been the players who throughout this year have come in to cover for injured midfielders.

Baker and Stengle could come into the picture if the Tigers decide to play usual small forwards Jack Higgins and Daniel Rioli up the ground.

Reece Conca, who rolled his "good ankle" in his comeback VFL match from a dislocated ankle last weekend, trained fully, as did the club's two ruckmen, Toby Nankervis and Ivan Soldo.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-08-16/safetyfirst-for-tigers-with-midfielder-ruled-out

Offline sdc01

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2018, 01:18:06 PM »
just dont put that freaking dud Menadue in again.....try someone else....ANYONE

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2018, 01:25:35 PM »
Things just got really interesting

Great test of what our list depth is actually like as opposed to what's been spruiked
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)