Author Topic: LOST  (Read 4724 times)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
LOST
« on: March 24, 2006, 11:33:21 AM »
I'm totally hooked on this show. Is anyone else?

I'm finding more clues to what's ahead by paying attention to some of the more minor details.
For example, did anyone see the logo on the sharks tale when the raft was falling apart? It was the same Dharma logo thats in the bunker.

Theories anyone??

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: LOST
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 03:34:53 PM »
WP's your man tiga  :yep
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 06:35:35 PM »
I'm totally hooked on this show. Is anyone else?

I'm finding more clues to what's ahead by paying attention to some of the more minor details.
For example, did anyone see the logo on the sharks tale when the raft was falling apart? It was the same Dharma logo thats in the bunker.

Theories anyone??

Absolutely hooked on it tiga ;D

Noticed last night when they were showing the history of the people in the back of the plane (the cheap seats) the little boy with the teddy bear.

Remembered the last episode before seeing the remaining cheap seats people hiding in the bushes while "the others" walked by and we saw the the feet a little boy walking while dragging his teddy bear - so it's obvious the "good people" who've been snatched are still alive.

Also I was interested in the comment made by the plant (the one who she stabbed ;D) to the pyscho sheila "Anna" when they were on the mountain when he said the others had taken "good people". I reckon that's gotta be a clue ;)

The "others" seem very keen on the kids that were on the plane - remember last season when the kidnapped Clare?

I am actually looking forward to finding out what that "Anna's" story is - she's one tough cookie ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 02:28:08 PM »
WP, also the voice on the radio that the tailies were listening to was actually boone when he was using the radio in the drug plane before it fell from the tree and killed him.
My theory on the others is that the others are actually people who have been successfully modified with some sort of body altering drug by the dharma corporation (who I believe are actually still on the island at one of the other research stations performing evil deeds) and the drug works best on younger people hence the young people being taken and when they took Clare to inject her fetus with the drug and her baby may already be an 'other'. Since this experimentation had been going on since 1970 according to the induction film that would explain the older others in their group like they guy who was stabbed by Anna. I havent seen past the current episodes but this is my theory. Read below on my theory on Walt.

A couple of other things to note

1.The Oceanic airlines tail logo is seen on the shelf of the Degroots office during the induction film.
2.Walt's picture is on the Milk carton that Hurley is drinking from as a missing child.
3.Milk only lasts 2 weeks at best if not UHT. The Milk did not appear to be UHT
4.The word 'Quarantine' is printed on the inside of all the research stations doors.
5.Walt does appear to have special abilities and had them well before he arrived on the island. We know very little of the time that Walt spent with his mother and new father in Amsterdam but he did seem quite different after that time away.
6.Walts Mother married the man who originally hired her.
7. Michael, after a heated discussion with his wife about him coming to Amsterdam to get his son is subsequently hit by a car causing him to spend months in rehab.
8. Michael gives up custody of Walt at his ex wifes strong insistence.Now Michaels ex wife and new husband legally control all Walts decisions without having to inform Michael.
6.The shark circling the raft had the Dharma logo on its tail.
7.The clear reference to B.F Skinner, a well know researcher into human and animal adaptation, behaviour and learning processes. I believe some of his theories are a key to all of this.
8.A mayday call by boon was heard on the radio which the tailies had. Boon died more that two weeks earlier.
9.The children taken by the 'others' have not been killed ...

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 10:58:50 PM »
WP, also the voice on the radio that the tailies were listening to was actually boone when he was using the radio in the drug plane before it fell from the tree and killed him.

Didn't pick up on that one tiga

Read below on my theory on Walt.

A couple of other things to note

2.Walt's picture is on the Milk carton that Hurley is drinking from as a missing child.
3.Milk only lasts 2 weeks at best if not UHT. The Milk did not appear to be UHT

5.Walt does appear to have special abilities and had them well before he arrived on the island. We know very little of the time that Walt spent with his mother and new father in Amsterdam but he did seem quite different after that time away.

Walt spooks me - especially after he killed that bird last season - it was a magpie wasn't it ;D

4.The word 'Quarantine' is printed on the inside of all the research stations doors

Yeah I noticed that too but everyone seems to ignore it.

Another thing I want to know is how all that food in the hatch lasted - maybe that has something to do with the quarantine side of things too - foods been modified in some way  :-\

And I want to know what happened to that loopy french woman who kidnapped Clare's baby - she has more clues I reckon.

I have to admit that I would normally not be into this type of show (for example the X-Files was completely wasted on me :help) but Lost is different that I was hooked after the first episode :thumbsup

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 03:15:09 PM »
WP, The bird that Walt killed was actually a very rare bird indeed. It's genus is 'premiershipus winningus' or more commonnly know as the premiership magpie, quite common in the early to mid 1900's but was since decimated by becoming the staple diet of Tigers, lions, hawks & Kangaroos. One rare one was found in 1990 but they are now considered extinct.  ;D

On a more serious note,  I believe that quarantine was placed on the doors by Dharma to ensure that the people that were in the research stations didn't leave. (A bit like the movie bad boy bubby)

I think that Walt's brain has already been altered to provide him with telepathic powers whilst he was away in Europe with his mother and new father. Why would he be on the milk carton that Hurley was drinking from as reported missing?? First off that suggests to me that the food inside the bunker is actually fresh or at least only a few weeks old at the most. This supports my theory that Dharma are still on the island and are still receiving shipments of food. Who reported Walt missing?? It wasn't michael and it wasn't the new father as they made the exchange in Australia. Maybe the mother isn't dead after all and she reported him as missing.

I did see a clue somewhere that said "the answer is in the night sky" Do you recall seeing any stars or moonlight?? I remember when they fired the flare on the raft that I thought the sky was surprisingly dark considering they are away from all types of smog.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 12:52:58 PM »
I am actually looking forward to finding out what that "Anna's" story is - she's one tough cookie ;D

What a great episode it was and what an absolute nutter that Anna Lucia is  :o :o

A cop :gobdrop

Really looking forward to next weeks episode - what blows up ;D

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 11:04:38 PM »
Lost = Richmond Football Club

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2006, 05:40:13 PM »
Well the final episode of the current season last night a few answers but more questions.

What happened to Lock and Mr Eko (gotta love MR Eko - one big dude ;D)?

Will that wacko Michael and his equally spooky son Walt sail off into the sunset or will Hurley jump on board and sink the thing or kill Michael seeing he killed Libby?

What happened to Desmond brother?

And what happens to Jack, Kate and the most sarcastic guy on TV - Sawyer? - and wasn't just like a scene out of the old 1970's Planet of the Apes series when they stuck the hession bags on their heads.

Will Syied and Sun & Jin cut Michael off at the pass and then kill Michael?

But at least we know how the plane originallly crashed now - the island was a giant magnet

And yes folks I've got it in for Michael  :wallywink

:rollin

Jackstar

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2006, 09:41:17 AM »
Thought the last episode was weak.  ::)
How long to we have to wait for the next series.?
It is my favorite show( yes I am easily pleased).
I dont like Michael either

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2006, 10:22:23 AM »
I still wanna find out if Petrocelli ever finished building his house, ive had different version of events, until i find out if the Petrocellis got there house I cannot watch Lost or other TV  ;D

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2006, 01:31:20 PM »
How long to we have to wait for the next series.?

New series starts in the US in September in AUstralia in Feb 07

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2006, 10:05:27 AM »
I too was disappointed with the last episode. I take it after the key was turned by Desmond Brother  :lol, there is no more magnet action.
Notice apart from the piercing noise, the "others" seemed almost disinterested in what had occured.
Also notice that Michael had to set an exact course in order to be rescued. My theory is that there is only one way off the island and it is via this narrow corridor on the course that Michael was given. Note that anyone who tried to get off the island ended up back where they started.

If anyone is interested and knows how to use bittorrent, you can usually get the episodes not long after they air in the US.