Author Topic: Oleg to stay at Tigerland  (Read 1197 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Oleg to stay at Tigerland
« on: September 10, 2018, 06:09:47 PM »
It looks like Oleg has ignored the lure of bigger money and more regular senior time to stay at the tigers.

If true, well done young man!  :clapping

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/afl-daily-rolling-football-news-from-across-australia-for-monday-september-10-2018/live-coverage/ea827d73150b29c5a139eed2283dfe28
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
Re: Oleg to stay at Tigerland
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 06:24:40 PM »
That's pretty classy and ballsy if he's knocked back more coin & first 22 opportunities.

He did some great things on Saturday. I haven't been convinced but a full pre-season & luck with injuries could do him the world of good. Good on ya for signing on, young fella.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 09:11:52 PM »
 :clapping the young lad has talent. Would definitely be looking for him to ensure Houli plays VFL next year :shh

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 12:06:17 AM »
I’ve got highs hopes for Oleg. And I know that I also had high hopes for C. Ellis which have somewhat waned this year but i got a good feeling about Markov.

The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 06:30:30 AM »
The full article:

Oleg Markov contract extension, impact of Tom Lynch on Richmond’s list

JON RALPH,
Herald Sun
September 10, 2018 5:04pm

RICHMOND flanker Oleg Markov will ignore rival interest to sign a two-year contract as the Tigers continue to lock away their batch of young talent.

The club’s imminent signing of Tom Lynch on a deal of as long as seven seasons hasn’t stopped the club methodically ticking off on securing most of its list.

Markov, the son of former pole vaulting champion Dmitri Markov, has played only 15 games but had drawn interest from rival clubs given his dashing style of play.

Despite not playing a game this year he has joined young forward Shai Bolton in staying at Punt Road to help his development as a player.

The Tigers’ VFL side had been dominant all year but crashed out in straight sets, meaning the senior side will have to rely on match simulation to keep players like Dan Butler in peak fitness.

Richmond has re-signed Jayden Short, Jack Higgins, Jack Graham, Ryan Garthwaite and Shai Bolton, as well as senior players Dylan Grimes, Toby Nankervis, Jack Riewoldt, Alex Rance and Trent Cotchin.

According to reports last week both Bachar Houli and Shaun Grigg will sign one-year extensions to continue at the club, with Reece Conca, Corey Ellis and Sam Lloyd out of contract.

Gold Coast will likely secure VFL star Anthony Miles, who has been unable to get regular senior opportunities, while popular utility Lloyd will toss up staying at a club he loves with interest from the Western Bulldogs.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/afl-daily-rolling-football-news-from-across-australia-for-monday-september-10-2018/live-coverage/ea827d73150b29c5a139eed2283dfe28

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2018, 06:05:33 PM »
 :clapping :bow :thumbsup
Lots of people name their swords......