Author Topic: Dusty and Lambo leave the track early  (Read 13028 times)

Jackstar is back!!!

Re: Dusty and Lambo leave the track early
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2018, 04:10:27 PM »
you'd get sick of pretending to be important though surely? walking around at training in suits etc.

What color suit was I  wearing ??

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2018, 04:32:06 PM »
Back to the topic, ppl!

---------------------------------------------

UPDATE: Rioli reveals Dusty's mystery injury

Mitch Cleary and Adrian Johnson
afl.com.au
Sep 14, 2018 1:41PM

UPDATE: Richmond superstar Dustin Martin suffered a corkie in last week's qualifying final, teammate Daniel Rioli has revealed.

Eight days after the win over Hawthorn, Martin failed to complete Richmond's full-scale training run on Thursday morning.

The Tigers will play the winner of Saturday's semi-final between Collingwood and GWS in a week's time.

AFL.com.au cameras captured the moment Martin left the training track, doing a run-through on the sidelines before heading indoors.

"(Martin) will be right, just a little corkie, he got hit (last weekend)," Rioli told AFL.com.au soon after the session.

"He should be right, he's ready to go."

Martin has missed just one game since the end of 2014 – round 12 this season with a calf injury as he left to go to New Zealand.

The Tigers insist Martin completed all that was required of him.

"(There's) nothing wrong with him. He did exactly what was planned for him," head of football Neil Balme told AFL.com.au.

Martin has missed just one game since 2014 – round 12 this season with a calf injury as he left to go to New Zealand..

In the session that lasted close to two hours, premiership midfielder Kane Lambert also failed to complete match practice.

Lambert, who only returned to the Tigers' line-up for the qualifying final win over Hawthorn after ankle surgery, played the first three quarters before receiving treatment.

After 15 minutes of massaging, Lambert left the field limping.

Small forward Dan Butler put himself in the frame for a preliminary final recall, having been out of the side since round 16.

Missing with an ankle injury before playing a half in Richmond's VFL clash on September 1, Butler kicked three goals in 15 minutes of match simulation.

Playing in what appeared to be close to Richmond's best 22 during the hit-out, Butler was the most dangerous option inside 50m, complementing crumbing teammates Daniel Rioli and Jason Castagna.

Midfielder Brandon Ellis also participated, but played for the 'reserves' side, which also featured Sam Lloyd.

Ellis was the unlucky Tiger to be omitted for Kane Lambert before last Thursday night's qualifying final victory over the Hawks.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-09-14/exclusive-vision-dustys-training-scare

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2018, 05:07:14 PM »
All good: Martin has a 'corky' but Tigers insist he will play

By Jon Pierik
The Age
14 September 2018 — 2:47pm

Dustin Martin did not fully complete training on Friday while Daniel Rioli jarred a finger but Richmond insist they will line up in next week's preliminary final.

The Tigers, with the week off after thumping Hawthorn in a qualifying final, were put through a two-session at Punt Road Oval on Friday.

Martin toook to the track but did not take part in the match simulation session, with Rioli telling the AFL website the Brownlow medallist had suffered a "corky" against the Hawks.

Richmond football department chief Neil Balme told Fairfax Media Martin had done what was expected of him.

"There is nothing wrong with him. Trained exactly as we planned," Balme said.

Kane Lambert, who had his first match back since ankle surgery against the Hawks, did not complete the simulation and had treatment on his ankle.

"He is good - did what we planned," Balme said.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/all-good-martin-has-a-corky-but-tigers-insist-he-will-play-20180914-p503tv.html

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2018, 07:01:51 PM »
It’s a corkie, I knew about this last Thursday night but didn’t post because even then it was always going to be something that wasn’t going to cost him a prelim.
On the other hand, a loss may well have made things interesting.
Can confirm that he still smashing it up at the gym saying have a corkie but we don’t stop 😬
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2018, 07:05:07 PM »
Guys what's a corkie honest question is it like a bruise or something? .

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2018, 07:09:28 PM »
You get one when you cop a big hit generally. Someone's obviously smashed into him the other night. It's pretty much a lump under the skin, gives you a nice limp if it's bad enough. Nothing one can't play through most of the time tho
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2018, 08:27:18 PM »
Its a blunt hit to the belly of a muscle that causes internal bleeding in the muscle. Usually they won't even cost you a week, a really bad one might be 2 weeks.

But I'll refer to the resident docs.

Lebowski

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2018, 08:30:27 PM »
It’s a corkie, I knew about this last Thursday night but didn’t post because even then it was always going to be something that wasn’t going to cost him a prelim.
Can confirm that he still smashing it up at the gym saying have a corkie but we don’t stop 😬

Thanks for the update, was a bit concerned hearing the comments about him pointing to the knee

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2018, 10:59:29 PM »

Thanks for the update, was a bit concerned hearing the comments about him pointing to the knee

He’ll be fine  :thumbsup
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2018, 11:42:54 PM »

a painful bruising injury to (a limb) as a result of a heavy blow.

The word is unique to the Australian vernacular.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2018, 02:29:18 AM »
Mark Stevens @Stevo7AFL

Super-reliably told Dustin Martin zero chance of missing preliminary final. Nothing that happened today will impact on Dusty and Tigers. @7NewsMelbourne

https://twitter.com/Stevo7AFL

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2018, 06:36:10 AM »
Do you have a job or a life or do you just loiter around the club every day?

I guess when your the boss you can take time to do what you like, unfortunately other posters may have to resort to posting from toilet cublicles  :shh

I believe that's were you were first heard to scream "YES!! BIG MAN!!!" :shh

you'd get sick of pretending to be important though surely? walking around at training in suits etc.

:shh :shh
:shh
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 01:53:46 PM by Eat_em_Alive »
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2018, 10:38:27 PM »
Its a blunt hit to the belly of a muscle that causes internal bleeding in the muscle. Usually they won't even cost you a week, a really bad one might be 2 weeks.

But I'll refer to the resident docs.

Thanks for not forgetting about me but what you've said is essentially correct. However, Howe did miss something like 5-6 weeks (there was a trip to Perth and the bye before finals in there) due to a severe corkie that needed surgery. But that is an extreme example.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2018, 10:58:55 AM »
Tony Jones on 3aw said Dusty trained away from the main group today but still expects him to be fine.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Dustin Martin dealing with "significant knee issue" (SEN)
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2018, 11:05:59 AM »
Martin dealing with "significant knee issue"

By SEN
17 Sep. 2018

SEN analyst David King has received mail that Dustin Martin’s leg soreness is worse than Richmond is letting on.

Martin left training early late last week with a reported corked thigh and King believes he will be limited come Friday night’s Preliminary Final clash with Collingwood.

“I had someone call me on the weekend and just sort of said there’s more to the Dusty story than we’re being told,” King told SEN’s Whateley.

“I think he’s got a significant knee issue, now whether the issue is a management issue, everyone’s got something at this stage, but their fab four has been pretty much unimpeded the last two to three years really.

“They haven’t missed games of football. You’ve got to keep an eye on this one. It’s a real story.”

The dual premiership player clarified he believes Martin will play, but wonders how the Tigers will use him if he is in fact limited.

“We’re not saying Martin won’t play, it’s what can he do and where can he play? The last two weeks he’s played 80 per cent in the midfield – does he have that volume in him?” he said.

Fox Sports journalist Julian De Stoop was at Richmond’s training session today and had his eyes fixed on the reigning Brownlow Medallist.

“He’s basically done nothing. He’s done a light jog a couple of times, but literally only sixty or seventy metres,” De Stoop told SEN’s Whateley.

“A normal session for Dusty is he trains with the group. He doesn’t get injured very often.

“This is the first session of the week and he’s doing nothing. So this is certainly a story and one that’s going to have to be watched closely during the week.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/09/17/martin-dealing-with-significant-knee-issue/