Author Topic: Which Tiger tags Sidebottom?  (Read 2309 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Which Tiger tags Sidebottom?
« on: September 17, 2018, 04:27:09 PM »
Which Tiger tags Magpies gun Sidebottom?

By SEN
17 SEP 2018

David King hailed Collingwood star Steele Sidebottom after his outstanding performance in their gritty 10-point win over GWS in Saturday night's Semi-Final clash at the MCG.

The Magpies star collected 31 disposals, five clearances, six inside 50s, six score involvements and 446 metres gained in an excellent display against a star-studded Giants midfield.

Ahead of this Friday night’s Preliminary Final blockbuster against Richmond, King is fascinated as to which Tiger will be assigned the role of nullifying the prolific ball-winning ability of Sidebottom.

“I just can’t wait to see what match-up that looks like on Friday night,” King said.

“I’m sure that Steele will go to a wing or if not on-ball, because he has been doing both this year.

“(Kamdyn) McIntosh from Richmond plays that role really well, (Shaun) Grigg can, (Jack) Graham can, so there’s options there.

“That role has become critical to what both Richmond and Collingwood do.”

Nathan Buckley's side contained the potent Giants attack to just 14 scoring shots, with the likes of Jeremy Cameron, Toby Greene and Harry Himmelberg scoring just two goals between them.

King highlighted the enormous work rate of Sidebottom as a key contribution towards a stingy collective defensive effort from the Pies.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/09/17/which-tiger-tags-magpies-gun-sidebottom/

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Which Tiger tags Sidebottom?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 05:22:20 PM »
Conca could also play this role so we have options.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 05:52:39 PM »
Are there articles about how any one player can stop reigning Brownlow and norm smith medalist Dustin Martin? Or our three time Coleman medalist Jack Riewoldt? Or how to curb the influence of 5 time all Australian Alex Rance? Or how Collingwood has anyone that can stop Brownlow medalist and reigning premiership captain Cotchin? Or if they have anyone that can stop the run of Prestia, Lambert or the menacing Josh Caddy up forward? 
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 06:11:54 PM »
Are there articles about how any one player can stop reigning Brownlow and norm smith medalist Dustin Martin? Or our three time Coleman medalist Jack Riewoldt? Or how to curb the influence of 5 time all Australian Alex Rance? Or how Collingwood has anyone that can stop Brownlow medalist and reigning premiership captain Cotchin? Or if they have anyone that can stop the run of Prestia, Lambert or the menacing Josh Caddy up forward?

Seen a few about greenwood and/or Maynard going to dusty.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 06:16:09 PM »
Brandon Ellis :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 06:42:41 PM »

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2018, 07:28:59 PM »
I reckon we must syop Howe to not let him have a influence in back half as Towner did in rd 19.Maybe a Caddy.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2018, 07:31:28 PM »
Who cares if he gets his one highlight reel moment

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2018, 07:40:01 PM »
I reckon we must syop Howe to not let him have a influence in back half as Towner did in rd 19.Maybe a Caddy.

George could be the man to step up in this regard.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2018, 11:09:16 AM »
NO ONE!  :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2018, 04:34:36 PM »
Anyone at the ground able to tell me if anyone stood near him at stoppages? From TV it looked like he stood behind the pack and mopped up at free will with no pressure.

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2018, 04:49:22 PM »
Anyone at the ground able to tell me if anyone stood near him at stoppages? From TV it looked like he stood behind the pack and mopped up at free will with no pressure.
That’s what it looked like live. And to be honest, it didn’t look like he ran hard defensively and was all alone on the turn over when it came his way.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 06:52:27 AM by Go Richo 12 »

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2018, 05:40:53 PM »
Started free as a bird defensive side of the square at a lot of centre bounces. Not tagging him is one thing but having no accountability for him is another. We rarely tag players and often the oppo teams best mid racks up the possessions against us but normally our pressure is so good that their 30+ possessions are inefficient and not damaging. When we played the pies in round 19 or whenever it was and their top 4 mids all had 30+ was an example of this, yesterday was an example of what happens when our pressure is off.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2018, 06:51:22 PM »
That is exactly what happened... all night.