Author Topic: Richmond got the last laugh over Collingwood's Treloar: Vlastuin (Herald-Sun)  (Read 1594 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Nick Vlastuin says Richmond got the last laugh over Collingwood's Adam Treloar

Chris Cavanagh,
Herald Sun
21 Sep 2018

RICHMOND defender Nick Vlastuin says the Tigers got the “last laugh” over Adam Treloar’s assessment three years ago that Collingwood had a “better list”.

The Tigers believed they had former Greater Western Sydney midfielder Treloar over the line to land at Punt Rd at the end of the 2015 season before he instead chose to don the black and white.

Both teams missed finals in 2016 before Richmond rose to premiership success last year.

Vlastuin grew up a Collingwood supporter and said he admired the way Treloar played but he did not have a soft spot for either party as he prepares to face off with them in tonight’s preliminary final at the MCG.

“We kind of got the last laugh after that but it’s on again this week,” Vlastuin said of Treloar’s 2015 comments.

“We thought he was coming here and then he went there.

“The fans probably say it more than anything. If he logs into his Twitter he probably cops it.”

Vlastuin said he expected the stars — including Treloar — to stand out in tonight’s bumper clash but as a member of the Richmond back-six he will be doing his best to make sure Collingwood “match-winner” Jordan De Goey is not one of them.

De Goey has kicked 41 goals from 19 games this season including three against Greater Western Sydney in last week’s semi-final.

“I’d assume (Alex) Rance will go to him if he’s deep or hand him over to Grimesy (Dylan Grimes) or Broady (Nathan Broad) if he goes high,” Vlastuin said.

“Wherever he goes, we just play our system, we don’t really man up.

“Watching the GWS game they didn’t have too many people coming third-man up or anything. They just relied on their talent. Hopefully we work together as a team and a back-six a bit better and help out whoever’s on him.”

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/afl-daily-live-rolling-footy-news-from-around-australia-for-september-20-2018/live-coverage/edea87a9ca1ff7f0c7c61baba54e61d5

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Treloar has already made a fool of himself with his comments but win tomorrow night and go on to win the flag then we'll really have the last laugh. Still two to go before the job is done.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline sdc01

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
seriously if we win id give it to  the tosser all the way into their rooms asking him

"hows your list looking buddy???????????still better than the tiges???"

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
seriously if we win id give it to  the tosser all the way into their rooms asking him

"hows your list looking buddy???????????still better than the tiges???"

Need to win first.
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
Dangerous article

Dougeytherichmondfan

Dangerous article
My thoughts. Head down Tigger!

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
Come on pies have been cocky all week guys from coach to players day after day.Vlaustin is super important tomorrow with his intercept marking.

Lebowski

He didnt say anything wrong imo. Simply stated facts  8)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
i think we can just drop the treloar thing. he's not a premiership player but he loves collingwood, he looked pretty stupid last year. he'll probably not care too much in time because collingwood are going places and he'll likely win a flag with them before it's all said and done.

yeah, he'd probably win more here and he's got a punchable face...but seriously, who cares about his comments from 2 years ago? hear about it every time we play these blokes.

live and let live
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"