Author Topic: OER Ticket  (Read 4872 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
OER Ticket
« on: June 17, 2004, 01:36:07 AM »
With all this talk of behind the scenes organising of tickets what position on the new board would you do wonders for as part of the OER Ticket and why? Remember competition for certain positions might be tight so choose wisely  ;D

• President
  • Treasurer/Finance
  • Marketing
  • Membership
  • Media
  • Football
  • Merchandise
  • Sponsorship
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ox

Re: OER Ticket
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2004, 03:07:26 AM »
I'll run for President.

I feel i can bring the clubs profile back into the publics eye by utilising
certain media connections i have.

As president i promise my board members full decision making rights in a democratic
voting order as chosen by newly appointed admin and president.

The decisions made shall be made with the clubs best intrests at heart and not for the individual.

I will not sleep until appropriate applicants are processed and appointed to their new roles.

I have a split plan over 3 and a further 5 years involving two coaches.
I want a new recruiting department.

If i cant be president then i guess I'll take Merchandise and media. :'(

froars

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2004, 08:24:58 AM »
Events coordinator - B&F, OER guernsey nights, pleasant Sunday mornings, sausage sizzles lol.

I'm a behind the scenes girl - you know, the people who get things done :-) 

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2004, 08:54:01 AM »
I'd like to be in the Football Dept so I can be "hands-on" with the players ;)

Jackstar

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2004, 09:38:38 AM »
Football !

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2004, 10:50:20 AM »
I'll take finance - I am very good at spending ;D

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Struggletown

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2004, 01:12:14 PM »
I'll run for President.

I feel i can bring the clubs profile back into the publics eye by utilising
certain media connections i have.

As president i promise my board members full decision making rights in a democratic
voting order as chosen by newly appointed admin and president.

The decisions made shall be made with the clubs best intrests at heart and not for the individual.

I will not sleep until appropriate applicants are processed and appointed to their new roles.

I have a split plan over 3 and a further 5 years involving two coaches.
I want a new recruiting department.

If i cant be president then i guess I'll take Merchandise and media. :'(

Hard to trust a president who is prepared to give up wanking Ox.
Most presidents assume the role for being wankers ;)

I'll assume sponsorship,and have reputable names on our guernsey such as Mens Gallery and Daily Planet tipping in millions to relieve our...ahem...debt ;D

Drink,Drugs and Shagging models.
The rest l just wasted.
  George Best on where his millions went

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2004, 01:36:05 PM »
I’ll volunteer for membership and communications with members and supporters.

Spin-doctoring will be a thing of the past and communications will treat supporters as the thinking people they are.

Written and thought up by TS.  No spin-doctoring was allowed in the above transcript.  ;D  Promise.  ;)
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline Puntroadroar

• Premiership Captain
  • Our Very own Top Gun
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2004, 01:48:25 PM »
I'll be the armchair critic, who will blame all you mongrels when things turn sour.  ;D

oh wait.... i do that already
There's no I in team, but there is 5 i's in Individual Brilliance.

Offline Disco

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2004, 01:50:46 PM »
I'd like to nominate Boogie for secretary...
Looks dam fine in a skirt! ;D

Offline Struggletown

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2004, 03:51:36 PM »
I'd like to nominate Boogie for secretary...
Looks dam fine in a skirt! ;D

So your the peeping Tom Disco!!
Drink,Drugs and Shagging models.
The rest l just wasted.
  George Best on where his millions went

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2004, 03:58:22 PM »
Sorry ox  ;D but I'd have to challenge you for the job of President, you could be my media manager  ;)

If I was President i would
1. Immeadiately get Greg Miller focusing on the finding and appointment of the new coach and a complete overhaul of our recruitment strategies and policy.
2. Investigate all the financial procedures of the club and write and implement programs where revenues were being spent apropriately without waste and where income was greater than outgo.
3. Establish a competent Marketing debt that could create viable sponsorships and revenue and get them producing immeadiately.
4. Sit down with OX and get him to work out a viable PR campaign based on the needs and wants of the membership and then implement it.
5. I would restructure the working infrastructure of the club so that all basic and vital positions were covered and operating on a common purpose without added inapplicable agendas.
6. The whole operation of the club would become transparent with full information being given to the members. (excluding coaches game day strategies).
7. I would drop Kevin Bartlett as an issue. But he would always be welcome. I just would not bother chasing him.

These are just a few things I would start with.

The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2004, 04:23:11 PM »
Football

* Coaching staff (Frawley, Brittain, Crocker, Spargo) contracts will not be renewed after round 22 this year.

* Sit down with Miller to view the process he's currently developing by which a new coach will be determined. Make a play to bring either Pagan or Sheedy to Tigerland. We should always be aiming to attract the best people. Whoever is our next coach must be strong on youth development, have good people management and communication skills, be media savvy and of course have a strong knowledge of modern football drills, set-ups, plays and tactics. The new coach must also entrench into the playing group a positive style of play based on skill, teamwork and a strong work ethic that goes all out to win games not save or nullify them. Attractive exciting footy attracts fans not the boring negative stuff we have now.   

* Greg Beck to depart after 10 years as recruiting manager. Keep Miller in the recruiting role he has now but as a Club place much more focus into our recruiting efforts. Bring Weaver's knowledge of potential draftees from BF as a spotter to offer his opinions to Miller. We have Tiger people who have demonstrated they know what they are talking about in terms of spotting good potential draftees. Use them.

* As we need to rebuild our list, install a long term plan for recruiting based on going for youth:

- Play the kids we currently have who are physically up to playing AFL on the ground. Not stuck on the bench for 3/4 of a game. Give them 4 week minimums to give them the confidence to go out and demonstrate their wares and learn. Rotate them back to Coburg to give their bodies a "rest".

- Trade away non performing senior players (on $$$) who's skills are questionable yet who would attract interest elsewhere:
Gas and Chaffey spring to mind. Aim to go after decent drafts picks.

- While we have this mostly inexperienced line-up this and next year will be mostly write-offs. Use bottom or near-bottom finishes with 5 or less wins to draft quality kids - 2 priority picks, 2 first rounders, 2 high (top 20) second rounders, 2 F/S (Travis Cloke?, McGhie?, Monteath), 2 out-of-contract senior (but still relatively young) players in PSD. That's 10 new quality players in the space of a 15 months to add to the likes of Cogs, Krakouer, Brown, Johnson, Otto, etc. Promote this to members as short term pain (go watch games to see the next true generation of Richmond stars) for long-term gain (challenging for a flag within 4-5 years). I'm positive Richmond members will sign up to watch quality kids develop and give the club hope for the near future rather than now see the same dodos continually fail year after year after year. Use 2006 as the start of the road back to the top.

- Generational change in regards to on-field leadership. The main leadership roles to be decided out of the likes of Brown, Cogs, Otto, Johnson.           

If not the fooball rep on the board  :'( then

Merchandise

* As a momento of 5 years as coach comes the Danny Doll. Pull a cord at the back and he speaks in random fashion - "Yeah nah", "I would have thought", "we'll be cherry ripe", "stepping up to the plate", "triffic", "stick fat", "we're not far away but we still have a long way to go".  ;D

Ox

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2004, 05:15:22 PM »
I vote 4 Mighty as prez. ::)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2004, 05:19:16 PM »
I vote 4 Mighty as prez. ::)

Ox was the Danny Doll the killer punch?  ;D.

I'd reckon they'll sell well after these team changes tonight. New saying for Danny doll - "I have no idea"  :'(.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2004, 05:21:29 PM by mightytiges »