Author Topic: Mav Weller is officially a Tiger [update]  (Read 15644 times)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
Re: Mav Weller is officially a Tiger [update]
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2018, 02:42:23 PM »
Probably just Claw. Has an account for every club board.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2018, 02:50:23 PM »
That's just so he can tell them how much better all their lists are than ours...... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2018, 02:51:41 PM »
No, in this alternative world he's telling all the other clubs their list management should be just like ours....:shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2018, 05:35:21 PM »
Maverick Weller completed the whole session in his first official training hitout with his new club.

Source: AFL website

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2018, 06:27:56 PM »
Eyes closed kicking the footy. Another WAT skill implementation....:shh

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2018, 01:53:20 AM »
Weller reunites with ‘brothers’ at Tigerland

Grace Kalac
AFL media
Dec 4, 2018 3:51PM

Richmond recruit Mav Weller is relishing the opportunity to play alongside his former Gold Coast ‘brothers’ Josh Caddy, Dion Prestia and Tom Lynch at Tigerland.

Weller, who played three seasons for the Suns before five years at St Kilda, officially became a Tiger on December 1.

For the first time since 2012, the quartet will share a locker room, something Weller never thought would happen again.

“We’re all the same age and we all were up [at Gold Coast] since day one so we did a lot of stuff together and grew up together in a way,” Weller said.

“We were all just out of home so we really had to look after each other like brothers.

“To come back down here and to reunite that friendship, it’s exciting for me and I’m looking forward to having that chemistry come next year.”

Weller, who has 121 AFL games to his name, is looking forward to complementing Richmond’s midfield and forward line.

“I think I’ll fit in pretty well, I think the things I do well works into [Richmond’s] game plan well,” he said.

“I’m quite aggressive, give good pressure, and am a contested ball winner.”

Weller is “over the moon” to continue his career at Punt Road Oval.

“The way the club run day-to-day things, they’ve very positive, very inclusive, and they really encourage people to just be themselves. I noticed it as soon as I walked in,” Weller said.

“I’m all ears at the moment, learning as much as I can. It’s an absolute treat to come to such a successful, big club.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2018-12-04/weller-reunites-with-brothers-at-tigerland

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2018, 07:45:21 PM »
Upgrade on Bellis at the very least.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2018, 08:18:56 PM »
Big call, BT. Both very courageous inside players but BEllis has a superior leg. Hmmm yeah, big call but I hope you're right :shh

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2018, 11:09:59 PM »
Big call, BT. Both very courageous inside players but BEllis has a superior leg. Hmmm yeah, big call but I hope you're right :shh
Why with such a great leg does your man kick it sideways and backwards so much?
His lack of courage in that department has/will cost him his AFL career unless he can change that.
I can’t see it but if he generally pushes someone out of the current side with good form, than it can only benefit us all.
Make or break year for Brando would you agree?

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2018, 11:29:49 PM »
Make or break?  Certainly. Well, not really. If he has an average year he'd likely look for a trade or the club would look to trade. Though he's a free agent I think so he could bugger off regardless which I'm sure would please some :lol
He kicks sideways and backwards because he's not 100% comfortable across half back. Doesn't want to turn the footy over. He never played like that on the wing and I'd expect to see him back in the midfield next season.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2018, 12:21:59 AM »
I think Bellis is going the way of Miles where he met a club need for a time but that has now been superseded with fresh talent who can deliver a better version of his best football. I see him spend a year in the 2’s before being traded
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2019, 07:25:31 PM »

Lmao inside mid surely you jest.Pea heart sheep dog is a far better more accurate  description

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2019, 07:38:21 PM »
 :fishing

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2019, 08:27:01 PM »
Lol you keep fishing buddy but nothing you say or do can alter the fact you have nfi when you describe Ellis as a courageaous INSIDE MID HHHHaaaarrrrgggggghhhhh its golden.