Author Topic: Jack Ross [merged]  (Read 84298 times)

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Jack Ross [merged]
« Reply #360 on: August 29, 2022, 12:16:51 AM »
So you expect the club in the article they post to announce his contract extension to include his lesser impressive stats and not add mayo?

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #361 on: August 29, 2022, 06:57:01 AM »
Let’s see how he goes in an elimination final as opposed to playing against witches hats. I certainly won’t be holding my breath.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #362 on: August 29, 2022, 03:34:28 PM »
So you expect the club in the article they post to announce his contract extension to include his lesser impressive stats and not add mayo?

I dont mind them bringing up any stat in areas he has been good at!!! but to bald face lie about his ability and paint what stats they do bring up as something special sheesh.

They are saying, We are happy with the big bodied midfielder and his consistent ball winning ability  across 43 games. Then you would think they would want to talk about the stats that are relevant to the comments.
To then bring nothing up to back up what they say is mindboggling. You me most supporters know why they don't bring up his stats because they are not too great. Better to make crap up and lie about things eh.
That story is everything that is wrong with the media the afl and the clubs today.

Instead of spiel and lies How about they just say something like,  we are offering Jack Ross a two year extension. We know he still has areas to improve in but we are happy with his progress to date.

No spiel no fluff no making stuff up. Probably something very close to the truth.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #363 on: August 29, 2022, 03:38:43 PM »
“Jack Ross stuffing lucky and should thank his lucky stars for contract extension” trumps Tigers as they sign him for another 2 years?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #364 on: September 02, 2022, 01:24:34 AM »
Thoughts on Ross' first final?

23 disposals (11k, 12h, 9c, 14u, 91.3% eff.)
8 marks
1 tackle
2 clearances (1 centre clearance)
3 inside 50s
4 intercepts
296 metres gained
8 score involvements
3 goal assists
1 goal
78% time on ground

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #365 on: September 02, 2022, 01:32:41 AM »
He was good, probably even deserves a vote for it.

Keep improving mate. Another big off season put some size on and play inside IMO

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #366 on: September 02, 2022, 07:44:26 AM »
He was good, probably even deserves a vote for it.

Keep improving mate. Another big off season put some size on and play inside IMO
Was ok. Thought his decision marking has improved a lot.
Needs to work on his tackling and pressure and not fumbling and being cleaner with ball in hand in the contest.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #367 on: September 02, 2022, 07:47:38 AM »
Great 1st qtr

Then went MIA or at least dropped away in qtrs 2 and 3. Was better in the last

He is still very much a heart in mouth player, who knows what your going to get

But has to get more consistent
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #368 on: September 04, 2022, 04:42:49 AM »
5. Jack Ross

What a time to play the game of your life. Started on a wing next to Mitch Robinson but also pushed into the centre, especially after Dion Prestia was subbed out. Produced a big team-lifting goal in the second term during a breathtaking Richmond run. Won lots of hard footy, but was also clean by foot, finishing with 23 disposals, nine contested possessions, eight marks and eight score involvements.

Foxsports rating: 8

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/richmond-tigers/afl-finals-2022-richmond-tigers-vs-brisbane-lions-second-elimination-final-highlights-stats-best-and-worst-players/news-story/7fc45960b9d79ca09461c1ff3de0ff76

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #369 on: January 01, 2023, 10:42:31 PM »
After signing a contract extension in August, Ross now wants to buy a new home in Richmond. Seems he's committed to becoming a long-term Tiger.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/1259578/richmond-rapid-new-year-s-resolution-

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #370 on: January 07, 2023, 12:02:50 AM »
After signing a contract extension in August, Ross now wants to buy a new home in Richmond. Seems he's committed to becoming a long-term Tiger.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/1259578/richmond-rapid-new-year-s-resolution-

Look i know hes still pretty young!!! of course he is committed to becoming a long term tiger. A simple question would be what club would go out of their way to get him. The honest answer is few if any.

I suppose its off season and fluff pieces abound everywhere. Truth is with Taranto and Hopper he is unlikely to get many games.
Truth is i hope he proves me wrong and becomes at the least a consistent big bodied ball winning mid in the long term.

I just wonder especially in Victoria do people ever get fed up reading the utter crap the media dish out on a regular basis.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #371 on: January 08, 2023, 09:21:59 AM »
I reckon he made a shift forward in 2022. Hopefully there’s another level or two to go…
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #372 on: January 11, 2023, 01:09:15 AM »
Very solid player & still improving. Wonder where he can get to?

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #373 on: January 11, 2023, 01:30:37 AM »
Very solid player & still improving. Wonder where he can get to?

B grader at best and a long way down the midfield pecking order

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #374 on: January 11, 2023, 04:28:53 AM »
He’s going to have to work very hard, and then get lucky at the selection table.