Author Topic: the footy show  (Read 227371 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
the footy show
« on: March 29, 2006, 11:47:13 PM »
The format was virtually the same as before except you thankfully noticed the lack of constant talk about the Pies and the name-dropping of their sponsors every 5 secs  :clapping. The show was pretty flat but the skit with Browny and Crawf was funny.     

What did you guys think if you watched it?

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline LondonTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: the footy show
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 04:12:06 AM »
Did they post a team vs Bulldogs?

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 10:30:36 AM »
Not sure who is running the show at the moment but there might be new people there next week as they left the pies till last, :lol :lol

Brokenleg Mountain excellent entertainment.

Moi

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 11:05:50 AM »
Thought it was a smooth transition actually - hardly noticed Eddie wasn't there.  Because we know those faces from the Sunday Footy Show, it was no great shock not to have Eddie there.  But I'm not a fan of any of the presenters, and I still think regardless who comperes it, The Footy Show has become a bit mundane and dated.

Thought the Browny skit was good, although him and Crawf are a worry lol, and enjoyed the MMM photoshoot for some reason  :o

I thought what they did was good though - I'm just not greatly into it these days.  It's more a thing that if you don't watch it you'll miss out on something; and when you do, you wonder why you did lol
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 12:57:05 PM by Moi »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 12:57:58 PM »
James Brayshaw was nervous as hell all night and the others were anxious so there's room for improvement but agree Moi it's become predictable. They need to learn from the NRL show and chuck out most of the pre-scripted bits.

Did they post a team vs Bulldogs?

They flashed the teams up briefly as they went through them quickly. Except for the game tonight, the teams were all 28-man squads and they had players named who most likely won't play. For us they has Knobel, Staff and Gas and Minson for the doggies.

enjoyed the MMM photoshoot for some reason  :o

Spud peeling potatoes while staring into the camera is one of them. No joke  :rollin.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 03:32:49 PM »
Personally I think the compere's on the AFL footy show lack a bit of character and charisma. I think they should focus more on the actual football rather than trying to be funny. The NRL footy show has far more variety with segments like "daredevil dudes" and characters like Reg Regan. You know you are going to get a laugh when you watch that show.
The ALF footy show needs more Larriikins if it wants to continue down the humour path. People like Jacko & Crackers Keenan or even dare I say it...Warrick Capper. He would be someone the the poo could really be piled on. AS far as I'm concerned, Sam is just an egotistical mundane blamange, Gary Lyon is just plain boring, JB is not a bad straight man and Trevor's humour is really becoming predictable.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2006, 10:47:08 PM »
Frankston Monopoly  :lol.

Geez Bucks was so convincing explaining why the Pies white and black stripes was a good enough alternative strip lol.

Offline Capt. Revenge

• Future Richmond star
  • for i was so much older then.............
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 09:06:32 PM »
absolutely woeful.

this sort of stuff is so lowest common denominator that the only people laughing are those mechanical clowns swallowing ping pong balls.

rubbish
there is no success like failure and failure is no success at all

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2006, 05:57:35 PM »
Agree with tiga that the AFL footy show lacks character and charisma and it hasn't changed from previous years but there's no more Collingwood talk every 5 minutes so at least it's watchable. They need to get rid of the same old faces on the players panel or get rid of them altogether like on the NRL. Just bring one or two on to interview for a segment or two.   

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 04:49:57 PM »
Well Sam has got his way. He's the Andrew Bolt of tv in terms of saying/doing something that is controversial/offensive to a particular group to attract attention to himself and boost ratings. He's on radio today threatening to pay out on Caro tonight over that letter so people now will just watch to see his response.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008, 05:03:50 PM »
He shouldnt pay out on Caro, it's the club directors who are of the female variety that are making a storm about it, I reckon Caro would've rathered it died when it did. Before these lunatics decided they needed some kind of say.

It's no different to what he does to "Chief" Dunstall except it's funny with him because he's male and he can do what he wants.  Where's the criticism about that?  ::)  Oh right, there isnt.

stuffin FEMINISTS!  :banghead
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2008, 07:04:16 PM »
bloody women! only good for one thing :-)

Moi

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2008, 07:10:10 PM »
Well Sam has got his way. He's the Andrew Bolt of tv in terms of saying/doing something that is controversial/offensive to a particular group to attract attention to himself and boost ratings. He's on radio today threatening to pay out on Caro tonight over that letter so people now will just watch to see his response.
I've been on Mars, what letter?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2008, 07:21:52 PM »
I've been on Mars, what letter?
"Women in Football" letter to Ch 9 complaining about Sam's maniquin skit of Caro. Basically female board members of various clubs.

Moi

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2008, 07:30:42 PM »
I wish he wouldn't do that.
I'll PM you why MT  ;)