Author Topic: the footy show  (Read 227337 times)

Re: the footy show
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2008, 08:10:28 PM »
bloody women! only good for one thing :-)

Only good for one thing?

You mean I have been missing out on something?

Do tell...

:cheers

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2008, 08:15:12 PM »
I wish he wouldn't do that.
I'll PM you why MT  ;)
lol  :shh
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2008, 09:32:53 PM »
Richo is on the footy show panel with Aker and Brownless by the way.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2008, 03:16:16 AM »
Well Sam has got his way. He's the Andrew Bolt of tv in terms of saying/doing something that is controversial/offensive to a particular group to attract attention to himself and boost ratings. He's on radio today threatening to pay out on Caro tonight over that letter so people now will just watch to see his response.
I've been on Mars, what letter?
"Women in Football" letter to Ch 9 complaining about Sam's maniquin skit of Caro. Basically female board members of various clubs.

I tried to quit Footy Show: Newman

Sam Newman's 'stupid' antics get official rebuke from Nine

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2008, 12:36:12 PM »
100 % behind sam on that one.
Not that I found it funny, just big deal.

Actually I was pretty offended at Sam taking the micky out of Dunstall. That is an insult to all big males.
May write a letter and organise a protest.  :rollin

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2008, 06:53:03 PM »
The glaring thing to come out of this saga is that, generally, many people seem to think that it only matters what people think of others.  And that a person should ignore how they actually feel, and just deal with humiliation.

Caro found what Sam did offensive, so she did something about it and was happy to move on.  Good on her for speaking up.

If Jason Dunstall found what Sam did offensive then he would have exactly the same rights to make a complaint.  He hasn’t, so the ridicule continues.  If that’s fine with him then that’s all that matters.  In the eyes of many, Dunstall is a good bloke because he doesn’t complain.

And we like people who don’t complain, are happy to do as they’re told, don’t rock the boat, or take a stance on anything.  We don’t like people who challenge us and take us out of our comfort zone, because we’re always so used to people just dealing with stuff, getting over it, building a bridge.  Anything, as long as we don’t have to deal with emotions and the fact that people have them.  Even males, would you believe?

And if we can find fault in others then it makes us feel better about ourselves too, and means we can avoid the need to change, because we're not that bad after all.

What more could we ask for.

A person has every right to stand up for themselves.  Regardless of what anyone thinks.

And if others don’t care how they feel then why would they care what others think?

Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Tigermonk

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2008, 12:15:06 AM »
Like the guy Sam Newman  :thumbsup

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2008, 06:50:06 AM »
Like the guy Sam Newman  :thumbsup
:thumbsup

Bloody hell TM - twice in one week!  We'll have to bump the Cog's thread to get us back on an even keel.  :lol

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2008, 01:41:30 PM »

Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good.
Luckily this is not difficult.

Charlotte Whitton
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2008, 01:42:32 PM »

Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good.
Luckily this is not difficult.

Charlotte Whitton

:lol

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2008, 01:57:35 PM »
I think Sammy should move on. His type of humour is just not funny and he offers. Whenever his segments come on during the show I now change the channel. I just can't stand his skits.

The only thing I have seen him do 'recently' (4 years a go! :help) was when he ran through the ruck contest and actual had the rules changed as a result.

I would prefer to have someone in his role who is less negative and can make people laugh without putting down others. Characters like Billy, Krackers and even Rex would be better and actually speak some sense from time to time.

I want to be entertained and informed when I watch the Footy Show not repulsed, bored and frustrated. Comparing our version to the NRL Footy Show (And I hate rugby) is embarrassing - they know how to make you laugh.

The way they continously use the same joke (ie the stretcher) is just lame. Even Eddies MARstermind or players Idol was 100 times more entertaining to what they offer now. Time to make some changes. :pray

Anyway just my take

Stripes

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2008, 05:16:24 PM »
The whole show plans what is being said. Lyon, Brayshaw and Eddie before them act the squeaky clean part while Sam is a tool (both meanings). Being controversial and offensive to certain groups means they end up in the papers the following day/week and then everyone waits to see their (Sam's) reply. It's a self-feeding exercise and it's paying off in terms of ratings and now a Logie which they and especially Sam will play off it big time on Thursday night.

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2008, 05:51:53 PM »
The whole show plans what is being said. Lyon, Brayshaw and Eddie before them act the squeaky clean part while Sam is a tool (both meanings). Being controversial and offensive to certain groups means they end up in the papers the following day/week and then everyone waits to see their (Sam's) reply. It's a self-feeding exercise and it's paying off in terms of ratings and now a Logie which they and especially Sam will play off it big time on Thursday night.
Yeah, the early shows when there was a lot more ad libbing were much better. I know you can turn it off if you dont like it but I like parts of the show but its not worth sitting through the crud they dish out anymore. The gorilla and the hairy gary thing is as old and tired as the stretcher thing. If Richo or Brownie arent on the panel I dont watch it anymore and even when they are I dont watch much of it

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2008, 11:36:26 PM »
Nothing from Hutchy tonight about Richmond. You would've thought he be all over any real rumour about Wallace walking or getting the flick.

How about Nick Stevens receiving death threats and threatened he would be stabbed when the crowd ran on the ground for Buddy's 100th  :o.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Trevor Marmalade axed from the footy show
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2008, 03:12:36 AM »
Last drinks for 's Trevor Marmalade   
Fiona Byrne | December 09, 2008

FOOTY Show funnyman Trevor Marmalade has been axed by Channel Nine.

Marmalade leaves after 15 years with the high-rating show.

The shock departure comes as Nine moves to freshen up The Footy Show after another turbulent year.

Just-retired Hawthorn champ Shane Crawford and buffoon Billy Brownless will play bigger roles next year and new segments will be introduced.

Marmalade's "behind the bar" role will go.

It is believed Marmalade was no longer considered important to the show.

His departure comes after several weeks of contract negotiations.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24771675-5012974,00.html