Author Topic: Sydney Stack [merged]  (Read 203679 times)

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Sydney Stack [merged]
« Reply #630 on: December 27, 2020, 02:12:12 PM »
Everyone whinging and bitching and moaning about Stack being behind bars need to get a grip

The dude has broken the rules in QLD and the law twice in WA. Sit down for a minute and think about the strict rules residents of WA have put up with.

And some moron that thinks he’s above the rules puts that at risk.

Yes he doesn’t have it, but he didn’t know that and he definitely didn’t care about the impact if he did have it. If he did , think about the result for people in the surroundings areas as they go into lockdown. Unable to work etc , because some self entitled little prick decided he couldn’t be bothered to do the right thing.

Whether you think reactions to Covid are over the top is completely irrelevant , there are laws and rules in place. Sydney can’t follow them.

Suffer the consequences.

PS, I managed to survive quarantine only 2 weeks ago. I managed to follow rules and regulations.

Tipping your home environment is a long way from Stacks :shh
Stack is not at fault for being raised in a dysfunctional family environment, he was dealt these cards. Due to this, he is immature and prone to making very poor decisions, not to mention his mates who would not be helping the situation.
Some people need to walk in others shoes before truly understanding why an individual acts the way they do. I choose to support him in his long journey ahead as life is worth it and so is Stack.

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #631 on: December 27, 2020, 02:38:43 PM »
After watching the soap opera of Sydney Stack, what damage is he doing to  the chances of other indigenous player who are aspiring to AFL.

The other clubs would be patting themselves on the back for overlooking him and will be more wary of future risks involving young wayward indigenous players.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #632 on: December 27, 2020, 05:45:07 PM »
I’m not sure he’s any better or worse off being indigenous vs just being from a hugely challenging upbringing and at his age there’s probably a few kids who are just immature that make silly mistakes at a young age.
If we want to examine people who have breached quarantine - Steele Sidebottom, Nathan Buckley, Brooke Cotchin, CCJ are all white people who have engaged in stupid breaches so I don’t understand why we are calling him out for the colour of his skin.
I think he’s issues are probably immaturity combined with a self destruct button which sometimes come with fear and anxiety under stress.

Let’s cut him and the wonderful indigenous community of the AFL who number nearly 10% of the playing population and are delivering in spades on and off field.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #633 on: December 27, 2020, 07:24:42 PM »
Brad Hardie on 6PR yesterday claimed his mail is the AFL is in the background pushing Richmond to find a way of cutting Stack loose.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #634 on: December 27, 2020, 07:26:33 PM »

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #635 on: December 27, 2020, 08:56:49 PM »
I’m not sure he’s any better or worse off being indigenous vs just being from a hugely challenging upbringing and at his age there’s probably a few kids who are just immature that make silly mistakes at a young age.
If we want to examine people who have breached quarantine - Steele Sidebottom, Nathan Buckley, Brooke Cotchin, CCJ are all white people who have engaged in stupid breaches so I don’t understand why we are calling him out for the colour of his skin.
I think he’s issues are probably immaturity combined with a self destruct button which sometimes come with fear and anxiety under stress.

Let’s cut him and the wonderful indigenous community of the AFL who number nearly 10% of the playing population and are delivering in spades on and off field.

Hard to disagree with that.

Yet, Stack IS a repeat offender
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #636 on: December 27, 2020, 09:10:22 PM »
FMD some of you patronise the indig something shocking...
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #637 on: December 27, 2020, 09:48:59 PM »
Cannot see why he his protected. His part in the incident in GC cost the club massive fines, jobs and one more strike points if he didn't learn from that well wakeup.Rocks up to preseason in poor shape his manager mentioned and then now this. Make of it of what you want about WA rules it is what it is full stop.Bloke should have buckled down and hit the preseason hard from what I'm seeing has little regard.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #638 on: December 27, 2020, 09:52:45 PM »

Hard to disagree with that.

Yet, Stack IS a repeat offender

So is Eddie McGuire - racist, misogynistic bully and he is still employed. Pig.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #639 on: December 28, 2020, 12:52:10 AM »
FMD some of you patronise the indig something shocking...

:shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #640 on: December 29, 2020, 02:55:26 PM »
This is hard one for me. I remember when my dad died I kinda went off the rails and I was a complete arse to be around. The self destruct mentality was definitely there. I probably should have lost my job many times over but I think I was given 5-7 chances and actually I eventually worked through the grief and got my poo together. On one hand I feel like Sydney is taking the pee and is afforded a once in a lifetime chance of playing in the AFL. On the other hand I want to be sympathetic with the fact he has been dealt a rough hand from early life.

My heart is wants the club to give him one more life line in the hope the Penny can drop. But as we have seen with Harley Bennell sometimes it just never happens.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #641 on: December 30, 2020, 02:37:28 PM »
Being Black Brown White or any other color has absolutely nothing to do with it.
We are all the same and all have the same rules applied to us.

weather your from a good back ground or poor one at the end of the day you are responsible for your own actions. the trouble is very few it seems now days are prepared to own their actions, theres always an excuse.

Lack of opportunity applies to many in society  fmd Stack has been given a fantastic opportunity if he can not apply himself having been given a great chance in life then it is on him and no one else. He knows the opportunity he has been given yet still puts it at risk, it is on him not his colour or back ground but him.

The ball has been firmly in Sydneys court. Here he has an opportunity that few get, to not only play a sport that he loves but set himself up and make something of himself. If he cant come to terms with that and realise the opportunity he has then perhaps he is not for us.

Personally i think its more about self entitlement than any hard luck he had in life. So so many come from adversity but grasp with both hands the opportunity to pull themselvies up in life.

If Sydney was white would people be affording him the same sympathy. In any society all we can ask for is we are all treated the same and we are treated how we would expect to be treated ourselves.

Lastly Stack is a talent, no one can do it for him, he has to do it for himself. A big part of that is obeying the rules.
He has consistently shown right thru that he maybe doesnt have the discipline to make it at this level, it really is a genuine concern. iT IS WHY HE WASNT DRAFTED. How many chances do we give this bloke. For me if we were to treat him like anyone else especially a less talented player this has to be the last one.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #642 on: December 30, 2020, 03:49:21 PM »
Nice one Claw.

IIRC, Dusty was nearly shown the door after Chopstick gate and that was his second offence??

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #643 on: December 30, 2020, 03:55:30 PM »
I’m pretty sure if we drop him off the list we have to pay his contract for this year and no replacement player
So we disadvantage ourselves by dropping him off the list because the AFL want to make an example without compensation- sounds like Hocking to me

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #644 on: December 30, 2020, 11:13:21 PM »

If Sydney was white would people be affording him the same sympathy

Yes. We offloaded Dan Connors and not Dusty. If Dusty wasn’t Dusty in the sense of talent and his checkered up bringing he would have been delisted in a heartbeat. We also gave Ben Cousins a life line. No one is disputing that Sydney isn’t above the law. The philosophical debate comes with whether you give 2nd/3rd/4th chances to someone who’s upbringing may have had an effect on their ability to not go off the rails.