Author Topic: Sydney Stack [merged]  (Read 204710 times)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Sydney Stack [merged]
« Reply #1050 on: December 14, 2022, 08:10:43 PM »
Saints have a rat bag policy with Hannebury, Zac Jones, Hill, Higgins and before them the likes of Lovett and Jake Carlisle. Good luck to them and him but they’re record ain’t great.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1051 on: December 14, 2022, 08:47:45 PM »
Feel like his manager is the only one that keeps putting it out there that there are other clubs into Stacky. The only time I’ve heard someone affiliated with an afl club mention stack was someone from freo (think Peter bell) say they need to see if he can go back to state level and perform on field and stay out of trouble off field before they consider him.

I feel his manager does more harm than good most of the time

I get you want to talk your client up but Peos seems to make excuse after excuse for Sydney's lack or professionalism. It always seems to be "poor Syd" with his manager or "he's training really hard" and then he shows up out condition. I've never heard Peos say once SYdney needs to knuckle down and work hard. It always seems to be about Sydney's talent

Not sure if Peos has any other clients but maybe what Syd needs is for manager to give him some home truths rather than continually pandering to Sydney's ego.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #1052 on: December 14, 2022, 09:02:19 PM »
Why is Higgins included in that lot? Was pretty popular here until he decided to leave.

I didn't really rate him for what it's worth. Turns out he's a pretty bloody handy forward
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1053 on: December 15, 2022, 08:40:24 AM »
Why is Higgins included in that lot? Was pretty popular here until he decided to leave.

I didn't really rate him for what it's worth. Turns out he's a pretty bloody handy forward

Left after we backed him through brain surgery. Seems to be at his best when skiing downhill. Never does the team defensive things and has been called out for it. Sorry, not a fan.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1054 on: December 15, 2022, 10:13:01 AM »
Backed him through brain surgery? What were we going to do, delist a 1st round pick?

As I said, I didn't rate him when he was here. Was poorly used in hindsight. Don't really understand the bitterness
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1055 on: December 15, 2022, 10:14:22 AM »

Left after we backed him through brain surgery. Seems to be at his best when skiing downhill. Never does the team defensive things and has been called out for it. Sorry, not a fan.

Have to agree with HRT here.

We saw him through a horrendous medical situation. Put his welfare, health and safety ahead of everything else and he walked out rather than fighting for his spot.

And once traded he then threw in a few unnecessary comments which included not understanding why he got dropped in 2020 and how he'd always wanted to play for St Kilda blah, blah.

Will be interesting to see how he goes under Ross the Boss
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1056 on: December 15, 2022, 12:27:11 PM »

Same here still dont think he is much chop though. Pick 17 a handy fwd reckon you want more than that good thing we traded him.

StKilda ended up giving up pick 20 and pick 30 for Higgins those picks ended up being Max Holmes who Geelong are clearly happy with him we got their 2022 first rounder which helped us get Taranto and Hopper.
We ended up with a handy small fwd  who may end up a better player than Higgins in Judson Clarke at pick 30.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1057 on: December 15, 2022, 12:29:54 PM »
Higgins will probably always be a handy goal kicker nothing more. No pressure or gut running etc. At his age I consider that lazy, it's different when you're Dusty and 30+.

As for Stack I don't get the hype he had one good year with us and has been poo since. Plenty of those going around and you don't often see proper redemption stories like Stengle.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1058 on: December 15, 2022, 12:57:38 PM »

Have to agree with HRT here.

We saw him through a horrendous medical situation. Put his welfare, health and safety ahead of everything else and he walked out rather than fighting for his spot.

And once traded he then threw in a few unnecessary comments which included not understanding why he got dropped in 2020 and how he'd always wanted to play for St Kilda blah, blah.

Will be interesting to see how he goes under Ross the Boss

Again, what were we going to...delist him? He wanted to go, we facilitated a trade. No harm done. Doesn't make him a ratbag.

I couldn't give a rats arse that he said he always wanted to play for them. Pretty sure he was a Saints supporter and he ended up playing there, it's what I'd expect him to say.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1059 on: December 15, 2022, 06:50:57 PM »
I got no animosity whatsoever towards Higgins for wanting to be traded. He’s an ok small forward and age is on his side to improve his game and maybe run through the midfield rotations. At this stage though I don’t think we miss him. I would have preferred him to Castagna and aarts in recent seasons but I much prefer junior and Cumberland with also juddy Clarke hopefully developing into a handy player.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1060 on: January 10, 2023, 04:33:45 PM »
WAFL off-season: Former Richmond utility Sydney Stack returns to Perth Demons as for 2023 season

Mitchell Woodcock
The West Australian
Tue, 10 January 2023 4:18PM

Perth’s hopes of climbing up the ladder quickly have been boosted with former Richmond utility Sydney Stack returning to the Lathlain-based club this WAFL season.

Stack had hoped to receive an AFL lifeline after being delisted by the Tigers where he played 35 games in four seasons, but did not get an invite to train with another club this pre-season.

He will now return to the Demons from this week, where he was recruited from by Richmond in the 2018-19 Pre-Season Supplemental Period.

Stack, 22, had joined in several pre-season sessions since being let go by Richmond and is understood to be in great condition.

Former Geelong midfielder Quinton Narkle could also return to the Demons if he does not get picked up by Richmond, where he is training this summer.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/wafl/wafl-off-season-former-richmond-utility-sydney-stack-returns-to-perth-demons-as-for-2023-season-c-9404597

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1061 on: January 10, 2023, 04:54:35 PM »
Thought this would be the case. He’ll need to pull out a ripper season then I’m assuming he’d be at one of west coast or freo in 2024.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Ex-Tigers bad boy Sydney Stack hit with serious driving charges (HeraldSun)
« Reply #1062 on: January 10, 2023, 06:41:24 PM »
Ex-Tigers bad boy hit with serious driving charges

Former Richmond footy player Sydney Stack will face court next month over a raft of serious driving charges, including drink driving without a licence.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/truecrimeaustralia/police-courts-victoria/former-richmond-tigers-star-sydney-stack-to-face-court-over-serious-driving-charges/news-story/e6d32e13b6f721bf0fd65fc6c4320e87

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
Re: Ex-Tigers bad boy Sydney Stack hit with serious driving charges (HeraldSun)
« Reply #1063 on: January 10, 2023, 07:02:20 PM »

Former Richmond footy player Sydney Stack will face court next month over a raft of serious driving charges, including drink driving without a licence.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/truecrimeaustralia/police-courts-victoria/former-richmond-tigers-star-sydney-stack-to-face-court-over-serious-driving-charges/news-story/e6d32e13b6f721bf0fd65fc6c4320e87

Wonder what his genius father has to say about this one

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Ex-Tigers bad boy Sydney Stack hit with serious driving charges (HeraldSun)
« Reply #1064 on: January 10, 2023, 07:18:56 PM »
Full article:

The Herald Sun can reveal the recently delisted Stack will face the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court on February 1 for a mention hearing relating to six charges including drink driving, unlicensed driving and driving an unregistered vehicle.

The former Tiger has also been charged with two counts of entering an intersection against a red traffic light.

The 22-year-old has been charged by Victoria Police’s Prahran uniform division.

Stack was signed to the Tigers ahead of the 2019 season and played 35 games across four seasons before being delisted at the end of 2022.

Born in Western Australia, Stack faced a series of off-field controversies while contracted to Richmond.