Author Topic: Hardwick's under Medium pressure going into 2019 (Herald-Sun)  (Read 470 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Hardwick's under Medium pressure going into 2019 (Herald-Sun)
« on: December 06, 2018, 03:22:21 AM »
Damien Hardwick (Richmond)

Contract status: Signed on until 2021 in March this year after taking the Tigers to their first premiership since 1980.

Pressure rating: YELLOW.

Medium. The Tigers flopped in the prelim final and might have missed a window to win two flags if they can’t get it done with Tom Lynch. But when you deliver the Tigers faithful a flag you can do little wrong.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/afl-pressure-index-jon-ralph-rates-every-coach-heading-into-2019/news-story/5bdf4bc45119a66d16f4df68f02d5e48

Yet Buckley is apparently under no pressure despite losing a Grand Final after being 5 goals up :huh3.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Hardwick's under Medium pressure going into 2019 (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 07:06:43 AM »
I get the Buckley thing, if they won’t sack him missing 4 finals in a row, then he’s got the job for life based on getting them to a GF.

I think we can conclude that as a coaching panel we’re not amazing under the white hot pressure of the opposition being in control of a game. Not an easy situation but it defines the champion teams and is the reason (along with our on field generals falling to pieces) why were not back to baxk
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.