Author Topic: Ex-Tiger Ty Zantuck’s damages claim [merged]  (Read 11517 times)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Ex-Tiger Ty Zantuck’s damages claim [merged]
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2023, 10:52:51 AM »
I find the epidural injection thing a bit hard to believe myself given I've helped monitor and remove several catheters. It's a highly skilled job by an anesthetist, not for any regular physician.

Possibly local anaesthetic, sure.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2023, 03:44:05 PM »
I find the epidural injection thing a bit hard to believe myself given I've helped monitor and remove several catheters. It's a highly skilled job by an anesthetist, not for any regular physician.

Possibly local anaesthetic, sure.

Agree on this Andy.
Go Tigers!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2023, 01:06:24 AM »
Former AFL stars may merge concussion damage lawsuits

Emily Woods
AAP
15 June 2023

Agroup of ex-AFL stars suing the league and their clubs for concussion damage may have their claims merged, as lawyers call for the cases to be sped up.

Lawyers for former players Ty Zantuck, Liam Picken, Gary Ablett Sr, and two class actions involving Max Rooke and Shane Tuck faced the first Supreme Court of Victoria hearing about their cases on Wednesday.

All of the suits, except Zantuck's, have been brought against the AFL along with clubs including the Western Bulldogs, Richmond, Geelong, Melbourne, Adelaide and Hawthorn.

Among their claims, the players are seeking compensation for the impact of concussions on them during and post-their AFL careers.

Zantuck, Picken and Ablett have asked the court to allow them to pursue their suits individually, rather than as a group.

However, Justice John Dixon encouraged their legal teams to explore merging the claims, as they will overlap and explore similar issues.

"There are not going to be multiple trials of the same issue," the judge said.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/afl/former-afl-stars-may-merge-concussion-damage-lawsuits/ar-AA1cvPBt