Author Topic: The AFL Tribunal is a joke  (Read 3418 times)

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
The AFL Tribunal is a joke
« on: June 17, 2004, 08:53:03 AM »
 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Could someone please explain to me how come the Brisbane Lions doctor gets fined $2000 for pushing Peverill out of the way and yet Matt Hornsby gets a $5000 fine for merely exchanging words with Damian Hardwick.  And how come Peverill gets fined $3500 for pushing the doctor, which even Blind Freddy could reason how this came about by mistake, and yet Hardwick deliberately runs after Hornsby and only gets $1500.00.  Does the Tribunal, along with the media have it in for Richmond?  I know that certain media commentators were not happy about the Greg Stafford/Peter Everitt incident last year and this year they all made sure that Staff paid.  A little bit of consistency is required here I think.

Not happy Jan!!!!

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: The AFL Tribunal is a joke
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2004, 11:17:04 AM »
Julz - I have just received and email from the AFL.

Because you have decided to publicly criticise the AFL and its judicial processes they want you to face the commission for bringing the game into disrepute.
Shame, shame, shame!

;D ;D ;D

But don't you fear - OER will mount a spirited defence for you with the aim of keeping your expected fine below $50,000

;) ;D ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :P ::) :o ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Seriously - it is farcical!
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Puntroadroar

• Premiership Captain
  • Our Very own Top Gun
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2004, 01:51:17 PM »
I think its all about the AFL looking at their weekly bank balance, no need to top up their account last week because they were still loaded from the Hawthorn v Essendon match.
There's no I in team, but there is 5 i's in Individual Brilliance.

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2004, 03:39:31 PM »
Wasn’t really surprised how it turned out.  I think it was all to do with the fact that it was a doctor involved who was trying to get to a hurt player.  Under other circumstances, it could have been a very different outcome.

Could someone please explain to me how come … Matt Hornsby gets a $5000 fine for merely exchanging words with Damian Hardwick.  … Hardwick deliberately runs after Hornsby and only gets $1500.00.

I was watching Fox Footy the other night and they had the Port Power club show, or whatever it is, and Damien Hardwick was interviewing teammate Matthew Bishop.

Damien asked Bishop a few bizarre questions and Bishop couldn’t answer any of them with a straight face.  In the end Bishop just said that the Richmond runner was right what he said about Hardwick.  :o  ;D

On that basis, I reckon Matt Hornsby could have a case to get the $5,000 back.  ;D  ;D
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2004, 04:41:10 PM »
I find it amusing how Collingwood made such a song and dance about the tribunal needing a complete overhaul (which I agree it does btw) due to Tarrant getting two weeks yet didn't feel that way the week before when Lucuria got off a pretty blatant tripping charge. Are they going to appeal the Lucuria decision if they feel so strongly about the correct decisions being made by the tribunal?! How about the Brodie Holland/Camporale behind the play incident last year where Holland was got off as well?! You can't have it both ways Eddie.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ox

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2004, 04:57:48 PM »
Good topic Jewlsza.

I hate them the greedy dogs.

It's purely revenue raising at it's most blatant point.

It's time the players all went on strike to show the AFL they are not a republic within
a supposed democratic system.
Things to be be changed are;

1) The afl and their ability to impose maximum fines on anyone at anytime.
WTF do they think they are ???

2)The non existant support for battling middle order teams(4 in and 2 up)

3)The monopoly/huge cut the afl has over club merchandise.

4)The neglect of Victorian clubs bar 2

5)The standard of umpiring on a weekly basis.

I could go on but u get the point.
The Buggers take and take but offer nothing tangible for the worker.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2004, 07:42:01 AM »
Oh, they've done it again. >:( :banghead

The Tribunal is a joke!
How can Jeff Farmer possibly get off for such a blatant display of kneeing another player and yet Greg Stafford skidded into his opponent and copped 3 weeks???????? Obviously Robert Walls et al have no problem with Farmer and yet want to crucify Richmond, and in particular, Stafford. Please explain!