Author Topic: Adelaide is going to win the flag: Cornes (SEN)  (Read 3389 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Adelaide is going to win the flag: Cornes (SEN)
« on: January 11, 2019, 11:08:05 AM »
“I think they’re going to win it,” Cornes said of the Crows on SEN SA Breakfast.

“I think the Crows are going to win the premiership.

“I’m happy to say, a lot needs to go right, I’m not flippantly just saying that, but if I had to pick a team to win the flag right now, I’m tipping Adelaide.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/01/10/kane-cornes-early-2019-premiership-favourite/

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Adelaide is going to win the flag: Cornes (SEN)
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 02:02:30 PM »
Must be because they recruited Stengle.

Damn, I knew he'd be a gun!

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 02:05:21 PM »
Studley been watching them practice a new pre-match staredown...:shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 07:35:27 PM »
I reckon you can put a line through Hawthorn.

Tom Mitchell broke his leg today, and the report of the radio says it is bad and season ending.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 12:09:58 AM »
Reckon they'll make the GF and lose ....to Glenelg.... :gotigers
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2019, 08:54:03 AM »
These articles are just a voluntary spewing of the cycle of moronic commentary designed to provoke the interest of the lowest common denominator of life.
A so called “expert” makes an “outrageous” prediction that would be considered moronic if made by the average joe in the street, it then gets picked up as an “article” by some knob jockey in the newscorp offices to fill space and then get debated gleefully by deluded big footy posters on the Crows board  ::)
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2019, 11:27:11 AM »
These articles are just a voluntary spewing of the cycle of moronic commentary designed to provoke the interest of the lowest common denominator of life.
A so called “expert” makes an “outrageous” prediction that would be considered moronic if made by the average joe in the street, it then gets picked up as an “article” by some knob jockey in the newscorp offices to fill space and then get debated gleefully by deluded big footy posters on the Crows board  ::)

Are you saying this is crap?

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2019, 01:18:39 PM »

Bit over the top, crows finished top of the ladder and lost in the randginal 2 seasons ago. Injuries and internal issues ruined their season last year. Their list remains one of the best in the league and coupled with an easier draw due to their poor finish last year, I’d say it’s far from an outrageous prediction. Your acting like he said Carlton or the suns.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2019, 10:52:01 PM »

Do you want to bet? If so, send me a PM

Bit over the top, crows finished top of the ladder and lost in the randginal 2 seasons ago. Injuries and internal issues ruined their season last year. Their list remains one of the best in the league and coupled with an easier draw due to their poor finish last year, I’d say it’s far from an outrageous prediction. Your acting like he said Carlton or the suns.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2019, 12:11:45 AM »

Do you want to bet? If so, send me a PM

Think you’ve missed the whole point there....

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2019, 10:17:09 AM »
Think about what he is saying

“I think Adelaide are going to win it”
“I’m not saying it flippantly”
“If I had to pick a side right now

Why, right now, would you pick Adelaide to win the flag?

There are a half a dozen teams above them right now.

I agree with the sentiment of his point - they really should improve - but there is no basis for them to win the whole thing right now.

They’ve lost Jake Lever, Charlie Cameron and Mitch McGovern since 2017, they’ve pick up a good down hill skier in Bryce Gibbs.
Jenkins, Betts, Douglas, Jacobs and Gibbs all hit the season over 30 and Talia has a serious knee injury which will impact his pre season.

Their draw is good but to win a flag they have to finish top 2 to give them a home final. That’s 17 wins and I don’t see them beating WC at Optus (or at Adelaide),Dee’s in Darwin, Sydney in Sydney, Cats at the Cattery and frankly I think both ourselves and Collingwood will beat them in Adelaide.

So to come from 12th to win a flag you have to build some kind of compelling case and with a weaker list and older players along with a clear fracture in trust between players and coaches, it’s an extremely long bow to draw that they will win a flag.

Unsubstantiated claims are lazy and are purely there to be re-published to fill airwaves and on line space

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2019, 04:25:01 PM »
Shut up mate, get over it and move on.

You're saying they won't beat all these teams but it's January. why you saying this right now? No one thought we'd beat anyone of note in January 2017.

So just shut up. Shut up.....let this thread die. Just don't do it.....:shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2019, 10:37:22 PM »
Shut up mate, get over it and move on.

You're saying they won't beat all these teams but it's January. why you saying this right now? No one thought we'd beat anyone of note in January 2017.

So just shut up. Shut up.....let this thread die. Just don't do it.....:shh
“Shut up, shut up”
You sound like a 5 year old child. Why don’t you make me shut up. If you can’t debate a topic, go and scream at a check out operator for stuffing too much pop in your bag.
Infant.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2019, 03:10:01 AM »
Settle down boys. We all love our team and we get passionate. Assange, there is no need to tell posters to stop posting. They are free to do what they want. As long as they follow the rules, they can do anything.

:gotigers
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2019, 11:37:45 AM »
"why don't you make me shut up"

LMFAO

Ok calm down HRT. I don't actually think you should shut up. Carry on with getting angry about Graham Cornes' prediction if you wish.

I was merely pointing out how stupid it is to claim one side can't beat another side in January. And also how it's stupid to care about predictions in January. Citing Richmond 2017, I thought, was a great example that shows you're off the money with the Adelaide predictions.

But you do deeply care so fair enough, I will leave you alone.....:shh