Author Topic: The Punt Road pee Take!  (Read 2689 times)

Offline harry bosch

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: The Punt Road pee Take!
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2006, 01:06:21 PM »
It would also help if the coach would leave recruiting to the recruiting guys.

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2006, 01:13:27 PM »
Scott Clayton is the person to target and get to punt rd

Offline harry bosch

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2006, 01:14:50 PM »
Who else is there? Geelong have done pretty well without too many early draft picks. Who does their recruiting?

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2006, 11:39:07 AM »
Kane Johnson article in The Age today...just atrocious stuff from an AFL captain. Mr Johnson, I respect the fact that your captain, but do you respect the fact that without the 27-28,000 paid members every year and the other 7 or 8,000 non ticketed members and without the supporters who pay money at the Gate which goes to the club, do you understand that you wouldnt earn what you earn. Stick to playing footy  Johnno, try and lift your players and leave the sledging of our supporters to the opposition supporters.

Regards
Ramps

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2006, 03:07:30 PM »
It would also help if the coach would leave recruiting to the recruiting guys.

Maybe we need Sheeds to be our recruiter  ;)  , amazing how he got a 1st rounder for Richards

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2006, 03:09:54 PM »
I can't believe that after an impressive preseason we have stunned by so much. Either it has been a big fluke or the other clubs have been bluffing

Moi

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2006, 04:52:34 PM »
Is it the kids or is the same old problem we've had at the club for years - development.  We probably have got some good kids, but have we got the right personnel to bring them up to speed, as other clubs seem to.  All these kids can't be bad.  That's my worry  :banghead

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2006, 06:28:45 PM »
Is it the kids or is the same old problem we've had at the club for years - development.  We probably have got some good kids, but have we got the right personnel to bring them up to speed, as other clubs seem to.  All these kids can't be bad.  That's my worry  :banghead

I still think it's both. When I hear such and such is hard at it, has a good work ethic, etc ... BUT his disposal could be better or he needs to work on it I'm concerned. The ability to think quickly and have precise footskills are now non-negotiable when recruiting.

As for development, our new kids even the talented ones are still very young so their performances will be up and down. It's going to take time (in years) but they need game time ahead of those who won't take us to a flag. Our round 1 side was more of the same old hands. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2006, 10:25:28 PM »
Moi my fear is not the development under Wallace and Royal, but rather when the new kids come in, they are expected to come in and be humble and know their place in the club with the OTHER PLAYERS! Take note about the "OTHER PLAYERS" the problem isnt the development people its the people our kids have to play with...Some have been there a very very long time and are supposed leaders...sadly whenever the poo hits the fan Ive never seen 1 of them ever stand up and stem the tide in a game. All i see is blowouts and opposition teams coming in like tsunamis into the beach!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2006, 11:25:46 PM »
Moi my fear is not the development under Wallace and Royal, but rather when the new kids come in, they are expected to come in and be humble and know their place in the club with the OTHER PLAYERS! Take note about the "OTHER PLAYERS" the problem isnt the development people its the people our kids have to play with...Some have been there a very very long time and are supposed leaders...sadly whenever the poo hits the fan Ive never seen 1 of them ever stand up and stem the tide in a game. All i see is blowouts and opposition teams coming in like tsunamis into the beach!

That then falls back on the coaching staff to base things on merit and over time clean out the deadwood and make tough decisions that benefit the Club in the long term. A kid who with development will become a A-grader shouldn't have to go to the end of the line behind some inferior senior player who won't take us to a flag. Browny arriving illustrated what A-grade standard is to Richmond. No one else fits consistently into that category at the Club. I can't see Lids knowing his "place" and being humble to B and C grade senior players. Not the only either  :shh.

Moi

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2006, 11:34:26 PM »
As for development, our new kids even the talented ones are still very young so their performances will be up and down. It's going to take time (in years) but they need game time ahead of those who won't take us to a flag. Our round 1 side was more of the same old hands. 

They need to spend a year or two in the reserves to properly develop IMO - never hurt Michael Tuck who had about 2 years and still managed over 400 - what a freak he was.  But because of Deledio, we expect them to play straight away these days.  And then you get kids like Tambo, who probably do need extra time. But we all want the kids to play, so damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2006, 11:59:55 PM »

They need to spend a year or two in the reserves to properly develop IMO - never hurt Michael Tuck who had about 2 years and still managed over 400 - what a freak he was.  But because of Deledio, we expect them to play straight away these days.  And then you get kids like Tambo, who probably do need extra time. But we all want the kids to play, so damned if you do and damned if you don't.

That's true Moi.

If only Coburg wasn't itself such a young and inexperienced side  :-\.