Author Topic: How long will it take for Lynch & Riewoldt to click up forward? (Herald-Sun)  (Read 1156 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
10. HOW LONG RICHMOND TAKES TO SORT OUT ITS FORWARD LINE

For all the talk of Jack Riewoldt being one-out last year, Josh Caddy was a hit-up forward who kicked 46 goals. He is more likely to be affected by Tom Lynch’s arrival than Jack, who should have his career extended. If Lynch’s knee doesn’t give him trouble he will be one of the league’s top-five forwards by August.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/50-reasons-to-get-excited-about-the-2019-afl-season/news-story/d1eab5571f961070c09c13b9f7376822

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Would prefer we took a conservative approach rather than rushing him in.....could also be a blessing in disguise if it forces us to play Chol or even fast track CCJ and finally found us a decent fwd/second ruck option.....or not if we choose instead to play that unstoppable nemesis of Witts and the mighty Gold Coast juggernaut, Ivan "The Knockout King" Soldo... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
 :lol
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
The Knockouts :cheers
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Balme expects Lynch to fit into Richmond’s forward line equation with ease, as he takes on the role as the invaluable second tall the Tigers have been seeking for some time.

“It’s really two Jack’s in the team,” Balme said.

“(Riewoldt and Lynch) both have similar strengths in that that they know where the ball is going, they’re very good markers, they kick goals, so I reckon if you’ve got two of them you’re going to be better off.

“It does make you not quite as impactful around the scrimmage, around the crumbs, but I think we’ll be able to make up for that with the extra quality tall.

“We’ll see how the others fit around them…it’s a great problem to have.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2019-01-30/lynch-on-track-for-season-opener

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Based on Carlton's injury list, I'd reckon that if Lynch and Riewoldt play Rnd 1, they click straight away and kick 12 between them minimum.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
I don't think Lynch will play round 1. Maybe round 4 at a guess given he has had some injury