Author Topic: 2019 Fixture  (Read 3163 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: 2019 Fixture
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2018, 08:21:34 PM »
I really don’t care who we play twice or even what day we have to play or any poo like that but I do not want to play home games at Marvel Stadium.
It’s complete BS that any team has to play their home games there unless it’s their home ground.

For the life of me I cannot understand why we would have to now the AFL own the ground and the agreement is finished.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2018, 11:23:33 AM »
I really don’t care who we play twice or even what day we have to play or any poo like that but I do not want to play home games at Marvel Stadium.
It’s complete BS that any team has to play their home games there unless it’s their home ground.

For the life of me I cannot understand why we would have to now the AFL own the ground and the agreement is finished.

:clapping

Last time I checked the AFL wanted to maximise attendances
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2018, 12:01:43 PM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2018, 12:07:46 PM »
Only one home game at the 'G in the first 5 rounds  :P.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2018, 12:17:34 PM »
Richmond's Official 2019 Fixture

Round 1     Carlton                  Thursday, March 21           7:20 PM AEDT      MCG            Away
Round 2     Collingwood           Thursday, March 28           7:20 PM AEDT      MCG            Home
Round 3     GWS Giants           Saturday, April 06             4:35 PM AEDT     Spotless        Away
Round 4     Port Adelaide         Saturday, April 13             4:05 PM ACST   Adelaide Oval   Away
Round 5     Sydney                 Saturday, April 20             7:25 PM AEST      Marvel          "Home"
Round 6     Melbourne             Wednesday, April 24          7:35 PM AEST       MCG            Home
Round 7     W.Bulldogs             Saturday, May 04             7:25 PM AEST     Marvel           Away
Round 8     Fremantle              Sunday, May 12               3:20 PM AWST Optus Stadium   Away
Round 9     Hawthorn              Sunday, May 19                3:20 PM AEST       MCG            Home
Round 10   Essendon              Saturday, May 25              7:25 PM AEST       MCG            Home
Round 11   North Melb.           Friday, May 31                  7:50 PM AEST      Marvel          Away
Round 12   Geelong                Friday, June 07                 7:50 PM AEST        MCG           Home
Round 13   Adelaide                Thursday, June 13            7:20 PM ACST  Adelaide Oval    Away
Round 14   --- Bye ---
Round 15   St Kilda                 Sunday, June 30               1:10 PM AEST       Marvel         Away
Round 16   Gold Coast             Saturday, July 06             2:10 PM AEST      Metricon       Away
Round 17   GWS Giants            Sunday, July 14               1:10 PM AEST        MCG          Home
Round 18   Port Adelaide          Saturday, July 20             1:45 PM AEST        MCG          Home
Round 19   Collingwood            Friday, July 26                 7:50 PM AEST        MCG          Away
Round 20   Melbourne              Saturday, August 03         7:25 PM AEST        MCG          Away
Round 21   Carlton                   Sunday, August 11           3:20 PM AEST        MCG          Home
Round 22   West Coast             Sunday, August 18           1:10 PM AEST        MCG          Home
Round 23   Brisbane                 Friday-Sunday, August 23-25                        MCG          Home

http://www.afl.com.au/fixture#season=CD_S2019014&team=CD_T120&tz=VENUE

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2018, 12:20:07 PM »
GWS, Port, Coll, Melb and Carl 2ce.

Seems a little unfair to me.

Spose Port and GWS were technically middle 6 teams

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2018, 12:25:07 PM »
Double up against: Carlton, Collingwood, GWS, Melbourne and Port Adelaide.

Days:
Wednesday night   1
Thursday night      3
Friday night          3
Saturday arvo       2   
Saturday twilight   2
Saturday night      4
Sunday arvo         3
Sunday twilight     3

Venue:
MCG                  13
Marvel                 4
Adelaide Oval       2
Optus Stadium     1
Spotless              1
Metricon              1

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2018, 12:32:16 PM »
GWS, Port, Coll, Melb and Carl 2ce.

Seems a little unfair to me.

Spose Port and GWS were technically middle 6 teams

And weakened with loss of players in trade season
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2018, 12:34:25 PM »
We have 13 Free To Air TV games.

VIDEO: https://twitter.com/Richmond_FC/status/1057803626956054528

The Club will again pay tribute to its supporters with ‘Member Thank You Round’ to be held in Round 23 against Brisbane at the MCG.

The Round 23 clash will be the last of seven consecutive MCG matches to close out the regular season.

In total the Tigers have 13 matches at the MCG in 2019 – of which 10 are home games.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2018-11-01/thursday-nights-launch-2019-season

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2018, 12:52:16 PM »
Ill have to get night vision goggles

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2018, 03:23:37 PM »
What ever happened to if you play a team away one year, you play them at home the next year?

North
Gold Coast

WTF!

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2018, 03:45:35 PM »
What ever happened to if you play a team away one year, you play them at home the next year?

North
Gold Coast

WTF!

Add Sydney to that but from Sydneys perspective as being the away team

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2018, 05:05:02 PM »
I get that draw is not equitable

18 teams being able to play each other twice can't be done when the H&A season is made up of 22 games per team; so it can't be

But seriously, the one thing these morons at HQ should do is make sure in the first 17 rounds each team plays each other once - that is fair

That we don't play WCE until round 22 and Brisbane rd 23 is farcical  :banghead

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2018, 08:21:19 PM »
Us vs WCE is a pretty big fixture at the minute too. Not going to be anywhere near as big if one of us poos the bed next season and are out of the 8 by R22
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2018, 01:33:31 AM »
Pros and cons: Our verdict on your club's 2019 fixture

Jennifer Phelan
AFL.com.au
Nov 1, 2018 3:30PM

RICHMOND

PROS:
A balance of prime-time and family-friendly timeslots with 11 matches under lights, seven during the day and three twilight with round 23 TBA. With the exception of the four-day break they cop to play on Anzac Day Eve, they have decent gaps between games with no five-day breaks and 10 days off after round six. They also play their last seven games at the MCG.

CONS:
They didn't want back-to-back travel but will hit the road in rounds three and four when they face the Giants and Power in consecutive weeks. As per the weighted system, they'll face 2018 finalists Collingwood, GWS and Melbourne twice, which they would have expected. They've also been given a home game at Marvel Stadium (round five against Sydney), which they lobbied against.

MAKE OR BREAK:
With not much to complain about venue-wise after the bye, their toughest period looks to be in the first two months with clashes against four 2018 finalists and three interstate trips.

MCG KINGS TO STORM INTO SEPTEMBER:
Before losing to Collingwood in the preliminary final, the Tigers had won 22 in a row at the MCG. They again start and end their season at their home ground, and have an enviable streak of seven successive games at the venue to propel them into the finals. 

WE SAY:
Pretty good all up, although they'll be dirty they're hosting Sydney at Marvel Stadium again despite specifically asking for all home games to be at the MCG. The back-to-back travel will also annoy, but even that is offset by the fact they don't leave the MCG after round 16. They'll deal with the four-day break to play on Anzac Day Eve with a 10-day gap sweetener on the other side. Their run to the bye could challenge: Richmond faces Hawthorn, Essendon, North and Geelong before a trip to their somewhat-dreaded Adelaide Oval to face the Crows. However, they do play 2018 wooden-spooner Carlton at either end of the season. - Jennifer Phelan

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-11-01/pros-and-cons-our-verdict-on-your-clubs-2019-fixture