Author Topic: 2019 Fixture  (Read 3223 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
2019 Fixture
« on: October 30, 2018, 01:21:26 PM »
RICHMOND'S Wish list from the AFL website

What they'll want: 

The Tigers aren't demanding anything extraordinary. They'd like a balance between marquee timeslots (Thursday/Friday nights) and family-friendly Sunday games, limited back-to-back travel and no home games at Marvel Stadium. They also want as many decent breaks between rounds as possible, although the club acknowledges it will have to deal with Anzac Day Eve falling on a Wednesday. The Tigers' big-ticket items – the season opener against Carlton, Dreamtime at the 'G against Essendon and Anzac Day Eve versus Melbourne – are priorities, and they've already secured the round one clash with the Blues for Thursday, March 21.  

The game the fans will be looking for: 

Whenever they play Collingwood. They'll be fired up after being unceremoniously dumped out of the finals by the Magpies and there will be no love lost when the teams meet again.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2018-10-30/tigers-fixture-wish-list
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: 2019 Fixture
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 08:22:19 PM »
 :lol :lol

Fixture release has been delayed until Thursday

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 08:33:29 PM »
But from The Age

Richmond to face Collingwood in second-round blockbuster

By Jake Niall30 October 2018 — 4:36pm

Richmond will host Collingwood in a Thursday-night blockbuster to begin the second round of the 2019 AFL season.

And Essendon will move into a Good Friday slot, to play North Melbourne in place of St Kilda.

The scheduling of last year’s preliminary finalists and fierce rivals on the Thursday night means the Tigers will play consecutive Thursday night games to start the season. Richmond, as usual, will play Carlton in the first game of the year.

Clearly, the AFL is capitalising on the strong form and popularity of the Magpies and Tigers, who reprised a century-old rivalry last year when the clubs made the top four and played off in a preliminary final, in which Collingwood upset the flag favourites.

Richmond, therefore, have at least four stand-alone blockbuster games: the opening two rounds, Anzac eve against a resurgent Melbourne, and the well-established Dreamtime at the ’G game against another competition giant, Essendon.

That will be the Tigers only game against Essendon in the home and away season with the Bombers set to meet Collingwood twice.

Collingwood will open their season in a Friday night clash with Geelong, the AFL having released the opening-round fixture earlier this week

The Magpies will be financially rewarded with more prime-time slots in next year’s fixture as a reward for their rise to the grand final. But their draw is expected to be more difficult, in terms of the quality of opponents they will face twice.

As the 13th team in 2017, they played the Brisbane Lions, Carlton and Fremantle twice last season, in addition to Richmond and Essendon.

The Tigers will be the away team to Carlton in the opening round, but will be the home side for round two. It is also their turn to host the Demons in the Anzac eve game, which has mushroomed into one of the season’s marquee matches in the space of only a few short seasons.

The Bombers will have a high number of stand-alone games, with the Good Friday clash their latest marquee fixture. They are also expected to play Collingwood twice, but have only one outing against Richmond, in the Dreamtime game.

Conversely, Carlton are set to be largely stripped of prime-time slots next season, having been surprisingly handed one Thursday night and four Friday night games last season.

St Kilda will also lose their prime fixture on Good Friday against North Melbourne, while Greater Western Sydney is expected to once again play a Friday night game in Canberra. 

The complete 2019 AFL draw is set to be released on Thursday.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/richmond-to-face-collingwood-in-second-round-blockbuster-20181030-p50cyd.html

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 08:58:31 PM »
Why are we always the only Big 4 club that doesn't get to play the other three twice? >:(
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Dont Argue

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2018, 09:09:53 PM »
Hope Lynch is fit for Round 2. He and Jack will kick 11 against Langton or Nutsack

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2018, 09:41:57 PM »
they'll play big Cox on Lynch....:shh and the big man from the US of A will have 43 touches and Bruce will get speeeeeeeeeeeeeecccccccccccccciaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllll...:shh

Balance her up, she's home

Yes I have had a few :shh :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2018, 09:51:51 PM »
Why are we always the only Big 4 club that doesn't get to play the other three twice? >:(
If we don't, that means the team we play once also can only play two twice. That means there are always only two big 4 teams that can play each of the other 3 twice. Yes, we are never one of the other two.  :banghead
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2018, 06:43:56 AM »
If we don't, that means the team we play once also can only play two twice. That means there are always only two big 4 teams that can play each of the other 3 twice. Yes, we are never one of the other two.  :banghead

For 2019 also has to do with where each club finished at the end of round 19-20... we finished top 6, so we cannot play both Essendon and Carlton twice ...

And seriously who are the big 4 these days? Richmond, Collingwood, Essendon and ????

Certainly not Carlton  ;D

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2018, 07:34:47 AM »
Richmond vs Collingwood should have been Good Friday. Why do Essendon who disgraced the competition get Good Friday. Its a disgraceful decision.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2018, 11:52:18 AM »
they'll play big Cox on Lynch....:shh and the big man from the US of A will have 43 touches and Bruce will get speeeeeeeeeeeeeecccccccccccccciaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllll...:shh

You're off your chops Big Man
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2018, 01:07:51 PM »
Richmond vs Collingwood should have been Good Friday. Why do Essendon who disgraced the competition get Good Friday. Its a disgraceful decision.

good friday
dreamtime
anzac

makes me sick but what do you expect?? The afl corrupt bastards want to lick their balls now
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2018, 02:09:46 PM »

You're off your chops Big Man

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Nah I'm all good. back to normal business

BEllis is doing A LOT of extras. Hearing he's roaring to get back on the big stage such as R2 vs Collingwood.....:shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2018, 06:10:56 PM »
BEllis is doing A LOT of extras. Hearing he's roaring to get back on the big stage such as R2 vs Collingwood.....:shh

Don't think the VFL starts until later  :rollin

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2018, 06:26:32 PM »

Richmond and Collingwood don't get it because the AFL only wanted Good Friday, not Great Friday.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2018, 07:07:16 PM »
Mark Stevens on Ch 7 news tonight confirmed our first two games are Thursday nighters:

Round 1, Thursday night, March 21 .... Carlton vs Richmond
Round 2, Thursday night, March 28 .... Richmond vs Collingwood

We were vying against Essendon to play North on Good Friday but the AFL wanted us and Melbourne to have the same short lead in (4 day break) into Anzac Eve (the following Wednesday night). On the other hand, with Collingwood playing on Easter Thursday then Essendon had to play on Good Friday. So we missed out and will play on Easter Saturday.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/north-to-play-essendon-or-richmond-on-good-friday-20181029-p50co7.html