Author Topic: Tigers' depth won't be affected by trade period losses: Wallace (SEN)  (Read 1720 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers' depth won't be affected by trade period losses: Wallace

By SEN
29 Jan 2019

Australian football Hall of Famer Terry Wallace believes Richmond’s depth won’t be greatly affected by their off-season losses.

The Tigers moved on from Reece Conca, Tyson Stengle, Sam Lloyd, Corey Ellis and Anthony Miles over the course of the player movement period.

Wallace feels Richmond needed to let these players go in order to learn more about the players underneath them – the likes of Oleg Markov, Noah Balta, Patrick Naish, Ryan Garthwaite and Callum Coleman-Jones.

“I think that they had to let Miles, Lloyd, these sorts of players go so they could find out what they’ve got from this next group,” he told SEN Afternoons.

“I think the guys that left realistically were never going to be best 22 players.

“They might be good enough at other football clubs, but with the quality club that Richmond is, they were never going to be good enough.

“This next group, they don’t need them all to succeed, but they need to find two or three along the journey and I think there’s enough talent there that they’ll do that.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/01/29/tigers-depth-wont-be-affected-by-trade-period-losses-wallace/

Offline potsclub

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Tigers' depth won't be affected by trade period losses: Wallace (SEN)
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 01:07:22 PM »
Terry Wallace making sense? I must be in my 2nd dream

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 04:28:33 PM »

The football world was turned on its head by the Tigers winning in 2017

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 05:54:37 PM »

The football world was turned on its head by the Tigers winning in 2017

Agree with both of you!
 :cheers
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 01:27:00 PM »
he talks about three mids and two small fwds going and then mentions three talls and a couple of medium/small  defenders.
Those 5 who have gone weren't keeping Garthwaite, CC-J, Balta and Naish Markov out of the teamThese blokes have other players they need to go past to get a game.

we  need to find out what Ross Stack, English,  RC-D and Turner have to offer instead of Miles, Ellis and Conca and Naish and Markov need to go past players like Short,Houli, Bellis McIntosh.

One area where the loss of Conca and Miles can hurt is the lack of players competing for midfield spots  with games under their belts.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2019, 10:40:30 PM »
Thats why we got Maverick Weller. Games solid body can do some things. Depth.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2019, 12:19:32 AM »

Without the cost
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2019, 12:06:11 PM »

Without the cost
You can see why he cost so little. He averages just 15 disposals a game but has shown he can get bigger numbers in games. He only wins 5 contested possesions a game that needs to be better.
He wont help us much with clearances as he goes at just 1.3 a game he lays a few tackles at 3.6 i can see why he plays as a fwd and why our club has described him as a forward im asking just how much will this bloke help us in the midfield.

Personally if came down to playing him for his experience aged 27 and  hes played what 121 games  and is another small at 182cm than say getting games into RC-D or Ross then id rather see the latter.
He will probably be given first crack come rnd 1 and if so i hope we actually play him as a mid.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2019, 08:03:24 PM »
I dont reckon he will get a game unless someone goes down injured.  Hardwick will only play one or two inexperienced players at any time. If your playing 5 kids you can lose games, so I see him there for that purpose.