Author Topic: Tigers not haunted by Pies: Butler (RSN927 audio & summary)  (Read 488 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers not haunted by Pies: Butler (RSN927 audio & summary)
« on: February 01, 2019, 12:53:40 PM »
RSN Breakfast Club - Dan Butler, Richmond Pre-Season Update

AUDIO: https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode/?id=327042

----------------------------------------------------------

TIGERS NOT HAUNTED BY PIES: BUTLER

Michael Davis
RSN927
1 Feb 2019

Richmond’s small forward, Dan Butler, said the Tigers’ massive loss to Collingwood in last year’s preliminary final is not haunting them.

“To tell you the truth, we have not spoken about it a lot,” Butler told RSN Sport 927’s Summer Breakfast.

“We (still) know we are a very good side if we play at our best. Collingwood were just too good and played extremely well on the night,” Butler said.

After missing the second half of the 2018 season with an ankle injury, Butler is delighted to be back training with the team.

“It was very frustrating watching the boys. I thought I was going to be back quicker than I was.”

Butler said he was finding pre-season training enjoyable and the Tigers were also using the time to revise their game plan.

Richmond will look a little different on the field following the arrival of prized forward Tom Lynch from the Gold Coast.

“We will probably see players like Josh Caddy and Daniel Rioli play more in the midfield this year.”

He said Riewoldt and Lynch were likely to play together in the forward line for the majority of games although Lynch could also be used in a “pinch-hitting role” as a ruckman.

Richmond recently completed a training camp on the Gold Coast and Butler said it was “pretty brutal at times.”

“But they gave us a day off and there were a lot of bonding sessions. It was a good physical camp but you also got to know boys you would otherwise not spend time with.”

https://www.rsn.net.au/tigers-not-haunted-by-pies-butler/