Author Topic: Defensive pressure will be Tiger trademark: Prestia (RSN)  (Read 872 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Defensive pressure will be Tiger trademark: Prestia (RSN)
« on: February 05, 2019, 01:44:02 PM »
RSN Breakfast Club - Dion Prestia, Richmond Preseason 

Full AUDIO: https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode/?id=328546

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

DEFENSIVE PRESSURE WILL BE TIGER TRADEMARK

RSN 927 - Racing & Sport Network
February 5, 2019

Defensive pressure would remain as Richmond’s key strength for the 2019 AFL season, according to champion midfielder, Dion Prestia.

Speaking on RSN927’s Breakfast Club, Prestia said he didn’t think there would be many changes to the way the Tigers played this year.

“We will have to tweak a few things as clubs work out what we are doing with our game plan, and then there are the rule changes,” he said.”

“But our 3-wood is defensive pressure and other clubs can’t take that away from us. That’s what has made us successful over the past few years.”

Prestia said star key forward recruit, Tom Lynch, was doing everything possible to get himself ready for the opening round after undergoing knee surgery.

“He’s joining in drills as he builds up to Round 1. He’s an athlete who knows his own body but I’m sure the club won’t risk him until he is ready.”

Lynch, 26, joined Richmond from the Gold Coast at the end of 2018. He played 131 games with the Suns and kicked 254 goals.

Prestia said he had been pleased with his own pre-season.

“The body feels great and I am moving better than I ever have,” he said.

Prestia said the Tigers were excited to get the new season underway and a new approach to pre-season training, which had put more responsibility on players to keep themselves in good shape, had been beneficial.

He said the team hadn’t done much match simulation but there had been emphasis on full ground running drills.

“We get our running done in this way instead of running 300s and 1km runs, which is tough work,” he said.

https://www.rsn.net.au/defensive-pressure-will-be-tiger-trademark/

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Defensive pressure will be Tiger trademark: Prestia (RSN)
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 09:02:22 PM »
This was evident during Saturday’s open training session, btw Dion looked super fit
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Defensive pressure will be Tiger trademark: Prestia (RSN)
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 10:31:52 AM »
“It’s been a really good pre-season on a personal note and on a club note,” Prestia said.

“This is the first pre-season in about four years I’ve been able to pretty much do every session.

“Training has ramped up…and my body feels great, I feel like I’m moving better than I ever have.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2019-02-05/prestia-pumped-for-2019