Author Topic: Pre-season mail: Axed Saint now Tigers’ Round 1 bolter (Herald-Sun)  (Read 2993 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Pre-season mail: Axed Saint now Tigers’ Round 1 bolter

Chris Cavanagh
Herald Sun
16 Feb 2019

RICHMOND

WHO’S FIT

Small forward Dan Butler is ready to go and determined to make amends after missing the second half of last season with an ankle injury.

The Tigers say midfielder Dustin Martin is also fit and firing both physically and mentally after finishing last season “a little sore”.

Defender Brandon Ellis, who was dropped for last year’s finals series, is preparing for a new role in the midfield this season.

WHO’S HURT

All eyes remain on star recruit Tom Lynch, who is yet to join in full training after suffering a posterior cruciate ligament injury last June.

The Tigers say they will not rush Lynch back but believe he is on track to tackle Carlton in Round 1.

Midfielder Jack Graham is also expected to be ready for Round 1 after having post-season shoulder surgery.

Forward Jason Castagna is recovering from a high ankle sprain, while defender Ryan Garthwaite has been on limited duties with an Achilles complaint

WHO’S IMPRESSING

Richmond’s top draft pick last year at No.20, Riley Collier-Dawkins has made his presence felt on the track over pre-season, particularly at the club’s camp on the Gold Coast last month.

The Tigers expect the 19-year-old to play some senior football relatively early in the season.

Former Saint Maverick Weller is also pushing his case for an early-season debut in his new colours as he continues to train well with the forwards group.

Speedy young midfielder Sydney Stack has been added to the Tigers’ list through the pre-season supplemental selection period and could play significant senior football this year.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/whos-fit-hurt-and-impressing-how-your-club-is-shaping-up-for-season-2019/news-story/0d876ecddcff8ef1426432d037af449c

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Pre-season mail: Axed Saint now Tigers’ Round 1 bolter (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 12:45:49 AM »
Watch Hardwick play Weller all year....kind of recycled footsoldier he loves.....to start with....until their deficiencies become glaringly obvious to even the casual observer...(see Miles, Hunt, Thomas etc...) :shh

Think Weller has more talent than those others though....looked a borderline gun in 2016.... :shh :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 09:30:37 AM »
It's no secret I am a huge fan of Milo. And to compare him to hunt and Thomas is a bit rich. He was instrumental to us winning 9 in a row to make finals and had a handful of games you could say he was BOG or top 4 performers.

Hunt and Thomas never reached those heights.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2019, 10:51:15 AM »
Watch Hardwick play Weller all year....kind of recycled footsoldier he loves.....to start with....until their deficiencies become glaringly obvious to even the casual observer...(see Miles, Hunt, Thomas etc...) :shh

Think Weller has more talent than those others though....looked a borderline gun in 2016.... :shh :shh

Well who else is he going to replace Conca with?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2019, 05:36:56 PM »
How the hell does Weller help us in the midfield.
Low possesion footballer who has few clearances and wins few contsted possesions as well to top it off not a huge tackling player.

Theres a reason why he is now at his third club.

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2019, 06:14:22 PM »
Pettard is the player most have forgotten but frustrated everyone,poor kick but was prepared to stick his head over the hard ball and wait to be poleaxed.

Limited player much loved by Hardwick which kept the team in the mediocre range.

Hopefully Hardwick has moved on from those poor instincts from 3 years ago.

Offline Dont Argue

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2019, 08:21:24 PM »
Low possesion footballer who has few clearances and wins few contsted possesions as well to top it off not a huge tackling player.

Yeah just like Caddy.
And we all know how that worked out

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2019, 10:54:59 AM »

Yeah just like Caddy.
And we all know how that worked out
LMFAO

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2019, 02:31:30 PM »
Great argument, Mopsy Claw. Really shut him down there.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2019, 06:11:39 PM »
Great argument, Mopsy Claw. Really shut him down there.
Ive taken a leaf out of your book. I must say this is fun thanks for showing me the way. ;)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2019, 08:13:27 PM »
:shh

You've run away scared from me too many times to count now. Still waiting to hear about Jayden Short.....:shh :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2019, 01:01:21 PM »

You've run away scared from me too many times to count now. Still waiting to hear about Jayden Short.....:shh :shh
Who ??? Jayden Short your not that blind that you need it spelled out for ya!!!! yet again you think Ellis is an inside mid so maybe you do.
You will get there eventually.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2019, 02:43:48 PM »

Who ??? Jayden Short your not that blind that you need it spelled out for ya!!!! yet again you think Ellis is an inside mid so maybe you do.
You will get there eventually.

I want you to say it for everybody to hear, kid. I know what Short's deficiencies are...one of few who do. He has something in common with Ellis, Lambert & Butler... :shh :shh

I think Leppa said Ellis played inside mid in the praccy match the other day. Hardest man in football...... :shh :shh :shh

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2019, 03:13:50 PM »
The Short Step aka The Lambert Waltz.... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2019, 03:19:52 PM »
The Short Step aka The Lambert Waltz.... :shh
  :shh :shh