Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt expecting teething issues with new forward dynamic (SEN)  (Read 449 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Jack Riewoldt expecting teething issues with new forward dynamic

By SEN
18 Feb 2019

Reigning Coleman Medallist Jack Riewoldt is confident he and Tom Lynch will form a dangerous duo in 2019.

The Tigers landed Lynch from the Gold Coast Suns as a restricted free agent after months of speculation surrounding the situation.

“I’m certainly looking forward to playing with him, he’s such a tantalising prospect,” Riewoldt told SEN’s Whateley.

“The first time I ever met him, I stood next to him and he just towers over the top of me, he’s just a beast of a man.”

Riewoldt admits it may take some time for them to develop the chemistry.

“It’ll probably a be a little bit clunky early on. It’s a recipe and you don’t know what you’re going to come up with, but we’re sort of just saying let’s have a crack at this and throw it all in the bowl,” he said.

“From my point of view and from the club’s point of view, we feel like we can certainly evolve as a forward line with the two of us in there and be a dangerous prospect.”

Lynch is still on a modified training program after a serious knee injury last year, but Riewoldt believes he’s close to joining the main group.

“I’m just looking forward to the club unleashing him in full training. We don’t really know when that’ll be, we’re taking a slowly, slowly approach with him,” Riewoldt said.

The Tigers will be hoping to unveil the duo in Round 1 against Carlton.

"As many super goals as possible" - Jack Riewoldt's AFLX strategy - (WHATELEY)

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/02/18/riewoldt-expecting-teething-issues-with-new-forward-dynamic/