Author Topic: 2019 is the "year of redemption" for Richmond: Jack Riewoldt (SEN)  (Read 1236 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Jack Riewoldt: 2019 is the "year of redemption" for Richmond

By Nic Negrepontis
SEN
18 Feb 2019

Richmond went into the 2018 Preliminary Final against Collingwood as clear premiership favourites and for good reason.

They finished the home-and-away season two games clear on top of the ladder with a percentage of 136.1 and had comfortably handled Hawthorn in the Qualifying Final.

However, the script was flipped as Collingwood came out and took complete control of the Prelim, beating the Tigers by six goals.

According to reigning Coleman Medallist Jack Riewoldt, this upcoming season is all about one thing – redemption.

“Certainly at the moment my mindset is completely on 2019 and the year of redemption,” the Tigers Best and Fairest told SEN’s Whateley.

“Kane Lambert said it at the Best and Fairest and it really rung true with me about the year of redemption.

“We feel like we were the best side last year and unfortunately we performed poorly on a really big stage where there’s no tomorrow if you do lose and we were beaten by a very good side.

“I think every side that thinks they’re a good chance of winning the premiership has redemption in the back of their minds. I’m sure Adelaide had very similar thoughts post 2017.

“We know we’ve got some really great players, a really great coaching staff and our structures on and off the field are in a really good spot so we feel like we’ve set ourselves up for another great crack.

“We’re representing 100,000 members and we know how much it means to them.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/02/18/riewoldt-2019-is-the-year-of-redemption-for-richmond/

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: 2019 is the "year of redemption" for Richmond: Jack Riewoldt (SEN)
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 06:20:29 PM »
dont talk do. Leave the talking for blokes like Walker and co.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 10:22:03 AM »
Agree. Remember what happened in 2017 when the lads talked about what they wanted to do. Bloody joke
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 04:57:03 PM »
I say bring it on
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 05:43:19 PM »
Good interview - worth a listen. 
Going to be another great year.
Unleash the tornado