Author Topic: Help - Give me a reason to go to the Saints game next week  (Read 2879 times)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Help - Give me a reason to go to the Saints game next week
« on: April 01, 2006, 09:34:14 AM »
I need help, I cant take much more of this. What are the Saints gunna do to us, I literally feel sick thinking about it.
At least if I stay home I wont have to put up with late trains, long queues (Dont get me started on that fukchole of a ground) needless to say what is gunna happen on the ground.

If I stay home I can get a nice bottle of scotch a large pizza and a remote for changing channels when all is lost.

I know it is only round 1 - BUT SEASON OVER !!!!!  :banghead :banghead :banghead

I was going to make another thread but I'll chuck it here.

BLOCKBUSTER ROUND 5 MCG - RICHMOND v CARLSCUM - Who will be the first to break the duck egg ?

Jackstar

Re: Help - Give me a reason to go to the Saints game next week
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 11:26:56 AM »
Give you good advice, stay home next week .

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 11:38:03 AM »
I got some better advice still- stay away for atleast another 3.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 11:42:02 AM »
Yes It was a bad game for us where almost everything went wrong, but it was also a game where just about everything went right for the dogs. We arn't going to challenge for the cup this year and never were going to be a contender for it, I thought there was a slight possibility that we could have made the eight and there still might be, but it's hard to be positive on even that after witnessing the game last night.

Looking back the practise game against the Dons at Mildura was an indicator of things to come.
I think we should brace ourselves for the season Carlton had last year.
It's really very unpredictable to know what's going to happen this year really, just be ready for anything.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2006, 03:14:36 PM »
We'll find out who wants to wear the guernsey this week and wants to be around in 5 years time. That mightn't be many but those who don't do the basics and don't put in the required effort should be sent to purgatory (Coburg) forever.

Wallace needs to play more kids. The side that ran out last night except for Lids, Blingers, Rainesy and Patto was pretty much the same olds.   
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Moi

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2006, 03:46:25 PM »
Who have we got in the twos that are up to playing seniors at the mo, MT?
Probably Hartigan would have to come up.  Got not much hope for Roach (hope no-one saw what i put there - had to do a mega quick edit) lol
Danny Meyer is the one with class, just don't know where he's at at the moment.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2006, 04:08:46 PM »
Damn I missed it lol.

I think we should play the kids with natural talent. We might get pumped but hey that's happening with the senior players. Limbach, Hughes, Thursfield and Meyer should be given more a go in the seniors. Not saying every week but they should be given a run of games. IMO they would develop faster in the seniors than with the Burgers (especially as Coburg are very young as well which doesn't help either). It's about thinking where will be 4 years from now.

But I'm guessing what will happen is that Hartigan and Roach will come in and the rest of the side will be given a chance to redeem themselves. Thursty and Razor would be outside chances but they are underdone. With Browny, Rodan and a couple of others also underdone match fitness wise already in the seniors, the coaching staff might keep them at Coburg for a few more weeks.

I also think we should give the guys positions and stick to them. Sarge trained all summer on being a key defender then lines up round 1 up forward.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2006, 04:31:05 AM »
long queues (Dont get me started on that effhole of a ground)

Forgot to reply to this earlier. Know where you're coming from CUB. 30 minutes to buy two freaking GA tickets even though I only had about 25 people in front of me in the queue when I rocked up at 6.30  :banghead. At one stage I thought we'd miss the start but maybe that would have been a favour  ;D. At least we won't have to put up with Ian Collins' crap system this week.

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2006, 09:32:47 AM »

I also think we should give the guys positions and stick to them. Sarge trained all summer on being a key defender then lines up round 1 up forward.

Exactly my thoughts MT also when the players are getting thrashed for pace what is a supposibly quick runner like Tambling doing spending all that time on the bench. 3aw said they thought Wallace had the poos with him over something that he had done. 

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2006, 11:11:49 AM »
It's really very unpredictable to know what's going to happen this year really, just be ready for anything.

That’s the best attitude to take into this season, and probably a few more to come.

Expect anything and don’t be surprised by any of it.

CUB, if you want a reason to go to the game this week.  I guess if you've paid for a membership and reserved seating at TD you might as well use it.  Sorry, couldn't think of anything else.  Except, if we win you'd be kicking yourself you didn't go.  You never know. :rollin
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2006, 12:24:41 PM »
Haven't missed a game in melbourne for 20 odd years, so I guess I'll be there  :thumbsup

Maybe I am just MAD - 'insert daffy duck going mad emoticon here'

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2006, 03:04:53 PM »
Give you good advice, stay home next week .

I'll second that

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2006, 07:01:11 PM »
Maybe I am just MAD - 'insert daffy duck going mad emoticon here'

If you've followed the Tiges over the past 25 years you have to be  :rollin  :thumbsup.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2006, 08:33:17 PM »
You are either a supporter of the Richmond Football Club or not. And being a supporter means you are there win or lose. The joy of winning a premiership is built on the days you dragged yourself to the game when things were bad. We are going to beat St Kilda one day and if you spit the dummy and not go on Friday and we somehow win...

Jackstar

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2006, 08:47:12 PM »
Question, who will play on Nick Riewoldt ? Dont tell me, they will bring back Ray Hall.
Then they will try Schultz :gobdrop
Can see it now, Rodan on Harvey :gobdrop
Who will play on Powell, Del Santo, Powell.?
We might even see Steve Baker chase our captain again and throw some cut lunches :gobdrop