Author Topic: Shaun Grigg in doubt for round 1 (afl site)  (Read 2697 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Shaun Grigg in doubt for round 1 (afl site)
« on: February 22, 2019, 02:56:13 AM »
Tiger mystery: Round one doubt looms for key mid

AFL.com.au
Mitch Cleary
Feb 21, 2019 7:44PM

MYSTERY surrounds the severity of a knee injury to premiership Tiger Shaun Grigg after he failed to train at Punt Road on Thursday.

Described as "medium term" by Richmond, the 31-year-old has been reduced to light duties in recent weeks and only completing straight-line running away from the main group.

By comparison, Josh Caddy (ankle) and Tom Lynch (knee) remain 1-2 weeks away from full match simulation and have been listed as "short term" by the Tigers' medical staff.

It places Grigg's hopes for the season-opener against Carlton in 28 days in doubt.

Grigg has been incredibly durable for the Tigers since crossing from Carlton at the end of 2010, playing 171 of a possible 184 games with a hamstring injury in 2014 his only major setback.

He provided the back-up option to Toby Nankervis during the Tigers' breakthrough flag in 2017 before again carrying the load as the No.2 throughout last season.

Whether he plays in round one or not, the Tigers are expected to rethink their ruck set-up under new AFL rules introduced for 2019.

Caddy completed little on Thursday as Lynch stepped up his rehab from knee surgery which has him in a race against time for the clash with the Blues.

Jason Castagna continues to build his running base after an ankle setback, while Jacob Townsend (thigh) and Ryan Garthwaite (Achilles) were on modified programs.

Jack Riewoldt, Jack Higgins and Alex Rance were no-shows as they prepare for the realestate.com.au AFLX tournament on Friday night.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-02-21/grigg-mystery-round-one-doubt-looms-for-key-tiger

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Shaun Grigg in doubt for round 1 (afl site)
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 11:09:14 AM »
Looks like the same injury Hammer got  ;)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 11:50:30 AM »
BEllis......:shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 12:52:42 PM »
Can we delist / LTIL him before the mid season draft and then take another bloke?

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 03:03:02 PM »
Hahaha delisting the fella would be harsh. Bit of Capuano action
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2019, 08:39:30 PM »
Mark Stevens on Ch 7 news tonight said Grigg has been ruled out of the whole JLT series.

https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1099939702092656646

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2019, 11:53:49 PM »
Great opportunity for Ross or RC-D. Reckon ross on a wing is a real way to go. Pace size strength runs hard uses the ball well makes good decisions and can go inside if need be. What a great opportunity to get a game into one of the kids who will take us places  rather than give it to a bloke who poos his pants and makes poor decisions.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2019, 10:07:23 PM »
 :clapping
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2019, 09:27:18 AM »
Great opportunity for Ross or RC-D. Reckon ross on a wing is a real way to go. Pace size strength runs hard uses the ball well makes good decisions and can go inside if need be. What a great opportunity to get a game into one of the kids who will take us places  rather than give it to a bloke who poos his pants and makes poor decisions.

Provided, of course, the kids do not poo their pants and make poor decisions.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2019, 10:45:38 AM »
it's the claw cycle

the same kids he champions (without ever actually watching them play) are the same ones he's bagging out 3 years later, calling them 'glass half full types' and list cloggers. see brandon ellis, j. short, mcintosh etc....:shh

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2019, 11:20:19 AM »
it's the claw cycle

the same kids he champions (without ever actually watching them play) are the same ones he's bagging out 3 years later, calling them 'glass half full types' and list cloggers. see brandon ellis, j. short, mcintosh etc....:shh
TBH, I was wondering how he knew so much about Ross as claw is in WA and probably has never seen the guy play live. Anyway we are all armchair experts here.....
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2019, 12:13:21 PM »
Of course we are.
But at least some of us reserve judgment until we've seen the kids play a few games. And we watch Richmond games instead of highlights of Melbourne FC's run to the GF in 2000....:shh

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2019, 07:06:45 PM »
Good.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2019, 07:14:46 PM »
Shaun Grigg is on light training duties due to a knee complaint.

A joint issue that affects his ability to do high intensity training has prevented Grigg from training fully.

“Shaun has been doing some good running sessions, but he just needs more time for his knee to improve, so that we can progress his training loads,” General Manager – Football, Neil Balme said.

“Given that he’s in a bit of a holding pattern with his training, at this stage we think it’s unlikely that he’ll be available to play in the next four weeks.”

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2019-03-05/grigg-restricted-to-light-duties

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2019, 09:43:19 PM »
Opens up the second 'ruck' spot for Noah.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd