Author Topic: Jonathon Marsh's time with Richmond's VFL side may be short lived (afl site)  (Read 2718 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
As three clubs – North Melbourne, St Kilda and Sydney – prepare to enter 2019 with reduced defensive stocks, Jonathon Marsh has emerged as a potential target.

A strong showing as an intercept defender in a recent intraclub with the Tigers' senior side proved the 194cm Marsh had qualities to play at the top level. 

Now with a number of injuries to key defenders across the competition, Marsh's time at Richmond may be short lived as clubs consider their options. 

Under new rules, any previously listed AFL player or prospect overlooked in national drafts can be plucked to fill a vacant AFL list spot prior to March 15 or in the upcoming mid-season draft.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-03-06/former-pies-defender-marsh-emerges-as-suitor-for-three-clubs

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
Any chance we can keep this lad look impressive got over injuries if we put Grigg on long term injury list.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
He only came back to Melbourne because his girlfriend is studying over here -can't see him wanting to move to Sydney.....his brother's no longer up there either... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
So North or Saints

Rather unappealing choices

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Any chance we can keep this lad look impressive got over injuries if we put Grigg on long term injury list.
To avoid him being poached before the March 15 cut-off we would have to have an early retirement like Griffs last year which is unlikely to happen.

If no one poaches him now then the next opportunity is the mid-season draft. Again we would need someone to retire. Say if Grigg's injury hampers him between now and then, then he might be willing to call it a day early freeing up a spot on our list.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
So if he has signed with our VFL side does he have any currency value and is he good enough to get a gig in our AFL side (where would he fit in eg a kmac replacement?)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
Soldo needs to do the team thing and retire to clear a spot. Let him continue on in the VFL where he is the Knockout King.

Actually I'm not sure. I do want to see a rematch between the KO King & The GC Captain....:shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
So North or Saints

Rather unappealing choices

AFL rather than VFL I guess

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
So if he has signed with our VFL side does he have any currency value and is he good enough to get a gig in our AFL side (where would he fit in eg a kmac replacement?)
No currency value as he isn't on our AFL list. He's a free agent and any club that hasn't used up their PSS spot already can grab him for nothing before March 15.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Oh well...at least it's only the Saints so it won't really bite us... :shh

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
The Saints are also rumoured to be considering Dillon O'Reilly, Steven's son.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
Saints have officially added him to their afl list.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
Hope he makes it.