Author Topic: Michaelangelo Rucci's Top 50 for 2019  (Read 465 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Michaelangelo Rucci's Top 50 for 2019
« on: March 08, 2019, 07:11:03 PM »
Rucci has 6 Tigers in his Top 50 for 2019.

New kid on the block takes No.1 in the AFL Top 50

Michelangelo Rucci,
Sports Editor At Large, The Advertiser
8 March 2019

Top 50

1. Patrick Cripps
2. Max Gawn
3. DUSTIN MARTIN (Richmond)
Set extraordinary levels in 2017 as a Brownlow Medallist and premiership hero at Richmond, suffered with injury particularly late in the season last year and still one of the most dynamic players to watch.
4. JACK RIEWOLDT (Richmond)
How opinions have changed of Richmond key forwards as Riewoldt has emerged more and more as a team player - and a player the Tigers need for their team game. He could become even more of a torment to defenders now that Richmond can work a new tandem in attack with the arrival of Tom Lynch from Gold Coast.

5. Brodie Grundy
6. Lance Franklin
7. Jeremy McGovern
8. Clayton Oliver
9. Rory Laird
10. Patrick Dangerfield

11. Nat Fyfe
12. Steele Sidebottom
13. Marcus Bontempelli
14. Rory Sloane
15. ALEX RANCE (Richmond)
AN interesting year looms for many key defenders who are clearly the big losers from the new 6-6-6 rule that stops key forwards from being double-teamed or cut-off by sweeping, intercept defenders such as Jeremy McGovern. Rance’s intercept work will be worth watching this season.

16. Scott Pendlebury
17. Lachie Whitfield
18. Robbie Gray
19. Matt Crouch
20. Josh Kennedy (WCE)

21. Jordan DeGoey
22. Elliot Yeo
23. Lachie Neale
24. Phil Davis
25. Isaac Heeney
26. Callan Ward
27. Shannon Hurn
28. JOSH CADDY (Richmond)
STRONG improvement in his game - and results on the scoreboard - as Richmond put Caddy closer to the goalfront last season. This put the three-club player on the All-Australian nomination list for the first time. Does he rise to the top-20 this season?

29. Stephen Coniglio
30. Dayne Zorko

31. Andrew Gaff
32. Tom Hawkins
33. David Mundy
34. SHANE EDWARDS (Richmond)
NAMED last on the All-Australian 22 last season ... but the selectors could not ignore his influence in setting up his Richmond team-mates with scoreboard opportunities. Could slip this season or he could embarrass those who raised their eyebrows with his All-Australian honour. Hard to call.

35. Dyson Heppell
36. Tom McDonald
37. Joe Daniher
38. Harris Andrews
39. Brodie Smith
40. Luke Bruest

41. Joel Selwood
42. Josh Kelly
43. Luke Shuey
44. Tom Jonas
45. Devon Smith
46. Dayne Beams
47. Jack Gunston
48. Tom Stewart
49. KANE LAMBERT (Richmond)
STRONG work ethic from the Richmond forward who last year developed a preference to opt for the handball rather than a kick. Also greater appetite for contested football captured the All-Australian selectors’ eyes.

50. Shaun Higgins

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/expert-opinion/michelangelo-rucci/who-to-watch-in-the-afl-this-season-with-new-rules-and-new-expectations/news-story/7fcb5fe2b269149da5f728b22e546a2c

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
Re: Michaelangelo Rucci's Top 50 for 2019
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 09:03:27 PM »
Lambert and Edwards ahead of Cotch

He’s got no idea

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
Re: Michaelangelo Rucci's Top 50 for 2019
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 09:45:22 PM »
Who takes these seriously?
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"