Author Topic: Changes for next week against the Giants?  (Read 31706 times)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for next week against the Giants?
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2019, 07:11:25 AM »
Too many changes at this stage of the season is a sign of throwing in the towel.

Out: Jack, Grimes, Markov,
In: balta, Houli, Caddy

2 are forced, he’s dropped after a win so surely 2 have to go after Thursday night?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2019, 08:04:20 AM »
A lazy 8 for me and fair dinkum you could justify the lot

Outs - Grimes, Weller, Butler, Castagna, Riewoldt, Markov, Ellis, Short.
Ins - Garthwaite, RC-D, Butler, Balta, Moore, Stack, Ross, Houli.

:bow

Love it
Butler
Out and in 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

That’ll send him a message  :snidegrin

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2019, 10:46:10 AM »
Injury crisis may force Tigers to rush Caddy's return

AFL.com.au
Ben Collins
Mar 31, 2019

RICHMOND forward Josh Caddy could be rushed back next week without a previously planned VFL hitout, as the Tigers try to counter a season-threatening injury crisis.

AFL.com.au understands Caddy – who has overcome an ankle injury that limited his pre-season – was originally scheduled to play a half in the Tigers' VFL season-opener against Geelong next Friday night.

However, injuries to defender Alex Rance and, particularly, key forward Jack Riewoldt could force a rethink by the Richmond brainstrust, with the prospect of a potentially underdone Caddy partnering boom recruit Tom Lynch in a restructured attack now looming as a genuine possibility.

The 1-1 Tigers, who suffered a 44-point defeat to Collingwood at the MCG on Thursday night, face another tough assignment in round three against Greater Western Sydney at Giants Stadium.

Caddy feels sufficiently prepared to play immediately at AFL level without a VFL warm-up but knows he will first have to convince coach Damien Hardwick of his fitness.

"I've ticked all the boxes now, done all the training now, so I'm ready to go," Caddy told Channel Seven on Saturday night.

"What level that's at next week I'm not sure yet, but I'll have to knock on Dimma's door during the week and tell him I'm ready to go.

"There are a few spots (vacant) unfortunately, so we'll just have to wait and see. But I'm just rapt to be able to get back out there next week and have a kick.

"We've got a few young boys going pretty well – Cal Moore and Noah Balta – so I'm vying for a spot against those boys."

Caddy, 26, enjoyed a career-best 2018 season in which he kicked 46 goals – second at the club only to Riewoldt (70) – before undergoing minor ankle surgery in the off-season.

A premiership star with Tigers in 2017, the former Sun and Cat has played 139 games and kicked 143 goals.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-03-30/injury-crisis-may-force-tigers-to-rush-caddys-return

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2019, 11:02:24 AM »

:bow

Love it
Butler
Out and in 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

My bad, should have been bolton in as you would have noticed in the named team if you werent so busy being a smart arse.

Not to deflect from the point all 8 inclusions and all 8 being dropped are easily justified.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2019, 11:22:08 AM »
The Barometer - Round 3

Sam Landsberger
Herald-Sun
1 April 2019

Damien Hardwick will coach without All-Australian bookends Jack Riewoldt and Alex Rance for the first time in his career this week, while Dylan Grimes is also set to miss through suspension. That should open the door for either Ryan Garthwaite or Noah Balta to come in, and if the Tigers opt for Garthwaite in the backline then Balta could play forward in Jack’s absence.

Richmond’s small forwards haven’t been at their harassing, attacking best and Jacob Townsend has pressed his claims in the VFL practice match circuit.

Jack Ross is close to a debut while Conor Menadue was discussed at match committee last week.

Can Toby Nankervis continue one-out in the ruck? Or will Ivan Soldo get a guernsey? Hardwick has so far been desperate to stick to the structure he knows best and play one ruckman although with Riewoldt injured that’s probably going to require Tom Lynch to pinch-hit.

Richmond was ranked last for pressure after its Round 2 loss and 16th for creating forward-half turnovers — it’s system in sharp need of fine-tuning. It’ll be a big week on the track for the Tigers and with extra emphasis on tackling drills after letting so many Magpies slip last week.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/barometer-all-the-latest-injury-news-at-your-club-after-round-2/news-story/185e2ac39da05d3269041bbdfebc8351

Online Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2019, 12:57:27 PM »
Not sure how our tackling technique can go from being so good to so ineffectual. It was like all the Pies players coated themselves in Vaseline, not sure if like in Rugby League they have a stat for the number of missed tackles but from what I saw we would almost top the ladder in that respect.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2019, 02:07:23 PM »
Good to see Hardwick in the press conference at least finally acknowledge that we're allowing the opposition to get handballs away in the tackle too often - it's been quite noticeable for the last twelve months and hasn't been addressed, probably because we were getting away with it and still winning for most of that time...which indicates a side still resting on its laurels..... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2019, 02:34:21 PM »
Don't care who goes out but the ins should be
Balta
Garthwaite
Ross
Houli

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2019, 06:48:35 PM »
Houli out for another week....#StackAttack  :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2019, 06:52:07 PM »
Townsend should come in also. 

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2019, 07:31:14 PM »
Townsend should come in also.

Yep, we are lacking a distinct mongrel in our side atm
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2019, 09:02:17 PM »
Mumford Kelly to return
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2019, 10:02:48 PM »
Was at last season's game and I really hope they learned a lesson with the type of boots they wore. Our players were skating on ice as GWS just ran past them, very frustrating to watch at times, plus our poor goalkicking of course, George the main offender and will probably be just as wayward again.

Online torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2019, 11:23:57 PM »

OUT: Butler, Weller, Markov, Grimes (suspended), Riewoldt (injured)

IN: Moore, Balta, Grathwaite, Ross, Baker

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2019, 03:06:44 PM »

Forget the Butler out Butler in. Just a mistake. The bigger problem is the inexperience you would be bringing in.

Garthwaite,  2 Games
RC-D, 0 Games
Balta, 1 Game
Moore, 8 Games
Stack, 0 Games
Ross, 0 Games

6 Players with a total of 11 Games experience. Not only is it not going to happen, it never should happen. Just crazy talk.

Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!