Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo [merged]  (Read 105964 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo [merged]
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2019, 11:29:37 PM »
So according to Tiger71 on the Big Footy podcast we're into Kruezer and one out of Cunnington, BCrouch or........Gaff.... :shh

I seriously hope none of that is true.... :shh :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2019, 09:41:53 AM »
So according to Tiger71 on the Big Footy podcast we're into Kruezer and one out of Cunnington, BCrouch or........Gaff.... :shh

I seriously hope none of that is true.... :shh :shh

Really? I'd be very keen on Cunnington...

Interested in Crouch.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2019, 10:14:33 AM »
I’d say Crouch the most likely candidate.

Cunnington would have to high a price tag on the open market. Could get Kruezer in a fire sale at the end of the year but with his injury history you’d want another A grade ruckman along side him. Which wouldn’t really make sense.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2019, 11:29:24 AM »
Butler, Towner and Graham over Henderson, Gunston and Sier.....I've heard it all now.

I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2019, 11:35:42 AM »
Kruez can walk I think, free agent.

Gaff just signed for 5 years didn't he?

Cunnington would be the cheapest (in picks) due to his age. Could we get him with the Ellis compo?  :shh
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2019, 12:29:55 PM »
Cunnington wouldn’t come across for less than 600k I’d have thought. We haven’t got that space. And I’m not sure he’s worth that much anyway. Especially considering we’ll need $$ at some point for Stack and Bolton/Cerra.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2019, 03:13:23 PM »
Kruezer would only add depth to our injury list... :shh

Cunnington is old & slow turnover merchant and as a poster of BF rightly pointed out would constantky get pinged for HTB if he played for us... :shh

Gaff not a need - overrated outside accumulator  - his disposal is  not as good as people think, actually turns it over a fair bit ... :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2019, 06:47:21 PM »
Cunnington isn’t as old as he looks. Only 27 will be 28 by start of next season so I agree it’s not an ideal age bracket. Brad Crouch would be a good get but rather his younger/better brother Matt.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2019, 03:14:28 PM »
* Victorian clubs like Carlton and the Western Bulldogs keen to secure Gold Coast’s Jack Martin will have to open their chequebooks wide. The asking price for Martin could get close to an incredible $4 million if a club is desperate to land him. A club near the bottom of the ladder might need to offer him $700,000 over five or six years. There is also the option of moving to a premier club that would lower the pay demands.

* Jack Darling’s name has come up in trade discussions this week, linked by Perth media to the Western Bulldogs to beef up their attacking credentials.

* Rivals will be keen to drag a couple of talented Pies out of the current squad, but right now Brayden Sier has shown no inclination to leave despite being out of contract and out of favour at selection.

* Clubs are monitoring the situation facing powerful GWS midfielder Aiden Bonar. The No.11 draft pick has been unable to play a single senior game so far this season despite some strong form in the NEAFL. The 188cm ballwinner has serious X-factor and athleticism and has averaged 22 possessions and five clearances in the twos. The 20-year-old is contracted to the Giants until the end of 2021, and the club has no plans to move the Dandenong product back home to Victoria. But clubs are keeping a close eye on Bonar.

* Will the Crows attempt to trade [pick #1 thanks to Carlton] for Grundy or one of Gold Coast pair Izak Rankine or Jack Lukosius, or just use it for No.1 overall pick Matt Rowell?

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/moneyball-latest-trade-whispers-contract-talk-on-jack-martin-brayden-sier-todd-goldstein-and-more/news-story/6e37922f1862a47ca79d66b313504f86

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2019, 03:52:06 PM »
I'd take any of them.... :shh

If Adelaide can't land Grundy, I would trade this year's & next year's first for their #1 pick to get Rowell...and even chuck in Graham if need be...hell I'd also even agree take a dud like Ellis-Yeoman off their hands on top of that just to get it done...he'd be an upgrade on Ballard in our VFL side at least... :shh :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2019, 10:43:13 PM »
Can we actually get a big bodied quality mid or are we already no room in the salary cap.

Does anyone know? We’ve needed to get more in for some time. Ross looks good &  Collier Dawkins but still very young. Can we get another better version of Prestia?

How’s our chances of getting a ready made quality mid?

The club that keeps giving.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2019, 10:52:02 PM »
No more midgets please. We have too many.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2019, 11:56:25 AM »
Can we actually get a big bodied quality mid or are we already no room in the salary cap.

Does anyone know? We’ve needed to get more in for some time. Ross looks good &  Collier Dawkins but still very young. Can we get another better version of Prestia?

How’s our chances of getting a ready made quality mid?

I think that is why we went with Pickett in the mid-season draft.

While he isn't what'd you call a traditional big bodied mid, he is as hard as a cats head and plays very aggressively around the pack.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2019, 10:39:46 PM »
I think we all know how bad our recruiting was under FJ but I think at the minute when we are in desperate need for a big bodied mid, I think the two of the worse decisions made was the selection of Griffiths ahead of Fyfe and Lennon ahead of Cripps.

Imagine our midfield now.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2019, 11:09:48 PM »
If only we had great big crystal balls
Lots of people name their swords......