Author Topic: Tom Boyd retires  (Read 1991 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tom Boyd retires
« on: May 16, 2019, 04:04:21 PM »
Western Bulldogs premiership hero and former No.1 pick Tom Boyd has announced his shock retirement from the game.

The Dogs confirmed on Thursday that the key forward will leave the game effective immediately due to the physical and emotional toll of AFL football.

The 23-year-old played 61 games and kicked 50 goals after being the first player selected in the 2013 NAB AFL Draft, originally heading to Greater Western Sydney before being traded to the Dogs after one season.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-05-16/bulldogs-flag-hero-boyd-announces-shock-retirement-at-just-23

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Tom Boyd retires
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 09:53:31 AM »
I think if you ask any bulldogs supporter they’ll all say money well spent. He delivered on the most important game of the year. I feel the media is partly to blame for this because of this hyper analysis and over saturation of football “journalism” he’s constantly copping attention of being paid $1m and being pick #1.

I wish him all the best and at the end of the day when he’s able to resolve his mental demons i hope he can look fondly at his premiership medal

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 04:31:53 PM »
Agree lamington. The dogs broke their 62 year old drought with Boyd playing a major role in their prelim and grand finals win. We play to win premierships so it was worth every penny. All the best to him and his well-being post-footy.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 10:26:24 PM »
Agree lamington. The dogs broke their 62 year old drought with Boyd playing a major role in their prelim and grand finals win. We play to win premierships so it was worth every penny. All the best to him and his well-being post-footy.

agreed, and...

well done bevo  :clapping :clapping :clapping

https://www.news.com.au/sport/sports-life/western-bulldogs-coach-luke-beveridge-roasts-black-soul-journalist-over-stars-retirement/news-story/bbd48e2df8a8d9d3b84b3ef7344d6992
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2019, 11:55:06 AM »
Good on him for calling it out. Have we ever had a worse era in AFL journalism? Barrett Cornes and Browne form this trinity of stuffwit irresponsible sensationalist reporting on things which are fiction half the time