Author Topic: Hawke dead  (Read 2013 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Hawke dead
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 09:29:34 PM »
Vale Bob Hawke

One of the reasons I grew up loving politics

He made it fun, he made it interesting, he made a difference
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 01:11:14 PM »
Where;s old mate '65...still in mourning until Don's Party '19 tomorrow night.?.. :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 04:15:14 PM »
IMHO Hawke was our greatest peacetime PM. He inherited an Australia that had been driven into the ground and totally modernised and transformed it both socially and economically for the long-term benefit of the nation. He brought people together. He believed in a self-confident can-do Australia that could be influential on the international stage and rejected cultural cringe.

Thanks Bob. RIP.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2019, 08:00:45 PM »
RIP Bob Hawke.

He and Keating transformed Australia whilst the Liberal Party were burning leaders at every opportunity.
What we take for granted today in this country re: transforming the economy was done by the Hawke and Keating Labor govts.

Following their defeat the Howard govts rode on the coat tails of the hard reforms that the above 2 did, Australia if not for these reforms would still be the back water, closed economy that Liberal wanted to retain.
Let that sink in for all the puffed up RWNJS around here.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2019, 10:38:29 PM »
RIP Bob Hawke.

He and Keating transformed Australia whilst the Liberal Party were burning leaders at every opportunity.
What we take for granted today in this country re: transforming the economy was done by the Hawke and Keating Labor govts.

Following their defeat the Howard govts rode on the coat tails of the hard reforms that the above 2 did, Australia if not for these reforms would still be the back water, closed economy that Liberal wanted to retain.
You need to really look up the history of Australian politics to see what the Liberal party accomplished to modernize Australia through most of the 20th century mate because you obviously haven't bothered at all. Especially through the Menzies era, there are many things that many think Labor pioneered later which were actually Liberal ideas or should I say more specifically Menzie ideas.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2019, 06:04:03 AM »
RIP Bob Hawke.

You need to really look up the history of Australian politics to see what the Liberal party accomplished to modernize Australia through most of the 20th century mate because you obviously haven't bothered at all. Especially through the Menzies era, there are many things that many think Labor pioneered later which were actually Liberal ideas or should I say more specifically Menzie ideas.

Like getting us into the Vietnam war?

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2019, 06:15:54 AM »
RIP Bob Hawke.

and just for balance one good thing he did...

He started the Prime Minister's 11 cricket matches.

:lol

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2019, 07:22:19 AM »
RIP Bob Hawke.

Are you saying he started the Vietnam war?

How about little things like abolishing the white Australia policy? How about getting Indigenous Australians the right to vote? I know they are minor compared to floating the dollar but many don’t think so.......

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2019, 07:54:24 AM »

How about little things like abolishing the white Australia policy? How about getting Indigenous Australians the right to vote? I know they are minor compared to floating the dollar but many don’t think so.......

How very Liberal of you. A complete distortion of what I said.

I expected better of you.

:thumbsdown

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2019, 07:57:21 AM »

This process started in the 1850s. Another distortion of the facts.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2019, 08:00:37 AM »

Funny I thought it was Harold Holt who abolished the white Australia policy.

More distortion and lies?

Are you thinking of running for parliament?

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2019, 10:06:55 AM »

Funny I thought it was Harold Holt who abolished the white Australia policy.

More distortion and lies?

Are you thinking of running for parliament?

The beginnings of its abolishment was during the Menzies era. It didn’t just happen overnight. Anyway, Holt was a liberal so your argument is pretty weak. Bottom line is that many social changes that made Australia a modern society were Liberal changes. Labor are fixated on a few social reforms they did and think they have a monopoly in that area. Far from the truth.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 01:39:49 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2019, 01:42:45 PM »

And selling iron internationally, to other countries a

Oops sorry...very bad example  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)