Author Topic: Marlion Pickett [merged]  (Read 122459 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Pickett fined $1000 for wrestling Jeremy Cameron (afl site)
« Reply #525 on: June 26, 2022, 06:53:32 PM »
Marlion Pickett, Richmond, has been charged with Wrestling Jeremy Cameron, Geelong Cats, during the second quarter of the Round 15 match between the Geelong Cats and Richmond played at the MCG on Saturday, June 25, 2022.

In summary, the player can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea.

A first offence for Wrestling is a $1500 sanction. An early plea enables the player to accept a $1000 sanction.

Jeremy Cameron, Geelong Cats, has been charged with Wrestling Marlion Pickett, Richmond, during the second quarter of the Round 15 match between the Geelong Cats and Richmond played at the MCG on Saturday, June 25, 2022.

In summary, the player can accept a $1000 sanction with an early plea.

A first offence for Wrestling is a $1500 sanction. An early plea enables the player to accept a $1000 sanction.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/787742/match-review-all-australian-cat-learns-fate-for-prestia-bump

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Marlion Pickett [merged]
« Reply #526 on: June 26, 2022, 06:57:51 PM »
Love this bloke for his hardness. Really believe we have it wrong with the roles Marlion and Short do.One is naturally pyhsical and one is not, yet we play em both in opposite roles.
Thought Marlion really good and Short struggled with the Physicality of it all in his role.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #527 on: June 26, 2022, 10:03:33 PM »
I've been watching Pickett closely for a while, and my comments are a bit outlandish, but I find it hard not to form the opinion that Pickett is targeted by the AFL and umpires.
Go Tigers!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #528 on: June 28, 2022, 02:10:02 PM »
Pickett ranked the second best wingman in the AFL according to AFLPlayerRatings.

https://twitter.com/AFLPlayerRating/status/1540991372953788418

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #529 on: June 28, 2022, 08:14:20 PM »
Love this bloke for his hardness. Really believe we have it wrong with the roles Marlion and Short do.One is naturally pyhsical and one is not, yet we play em both in opposite roles.
Thought Marlion really good and Short struggled with the Physicality of it all in his role.

Shorty laid 8 tackles and Pickett laid …. zero.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #530 on: June 28, 2022, 08:58:50 PM »
You can’t tackle if u always beat your opponent to the ball

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #531 on: June 29, 2022, 10:23:02 AM »
Pickett ranked the second best wingman in the AFL according to AFLPlayerRatings.

https://twitter.com/AFLPlayerRating/status/1540991372953788418
And we don’t have a mid in the top 15  :help

I wonder which players we have already in the works in the next few seasons? You’d think team list management would be sorting this out by now.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline FooffooValve

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #532 on: June 29, 2022, 11:24:10 AM »

And we don’t have a mid in the top 15  :help

I wonder which players we have already in the works in the next few seasons? You’d think team list management would be sorting this out by now.

Short, Bolton, Baker, Graham are the core of our developing midfield for the next few seasons. Add back-up in Ross and Sonsie. Don't think RCD will make it, and not sure about Clarke, Brown, Banks as mids yet. So I think we probably need to trade/draft another couple. I think Ross is worth persevering with as an inside mid — just 21 and coming into that 40-50 game stage where he should start to look and feel comfortable at the level.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #533 on: June 30, 2022, 10:43:55 AM »

Shorty laid 8 tackles and Pickett laid …. zero.

So how does that make him hard. Being the hunter is easy its putting your over the ball and winning it its accepting contact and making sure it goes to someone not panicking and just slamming it on the boot.
He had a career high tackle count because he was intimidated and second to the ball so much.

Short and hardness in the one sentence sheesh some have it wrong. For hardness give me Brandon Ellis back thats where Short is at.

Sheesh our centreman  laid 8 tackles but had just 2 contested possesions i think a blind man can see what is wrong here.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #534 on: June 30, 2022, 01:10:40 PM »
Have a look at his tackle on Blicavs Crawski.
You are wrrrrrong!
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #535 on: July 03, 2022, 04:56:21 PM »
Excellent game. Excellent year
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #536 on: July 03, 2022, 04:58:29 PM »
Clear BoG

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #537 on: July 03, 2022, 04:59:52 PM »
Always liked him but tbh I never thought he had THIS MUCH upside. Games like today make him one of the better wings in the league in current form.

Aerial skills and balls are big and amazing.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #538 on: July 03, 2022, 05:07:29 PM »
Clear BoG
X2.

Would be pushing for a top 5 finish in our B&F.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #539 on: July 03, 2022, 05:35:59 PM »
Excellent game.
The club that keeps giving.